Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K.Santosh KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi, my daughter is 9 months old and she is every time suffering from fever and sardi khansi even every one and two months she has fever and sardi and khansi I visited doctors many times but a doctors told me she is okay but why she has like that.
On 5.10.16, we shifts with our baby just 8 months old child from our native village to New Delhi who was feeding cow and mother's milk there. Now we have changed to buffalo milk in Delhi. Today he start vomiting two or three times. Suggest us. Thanks n Regards.
I am 28 my veins in my hand I can move them so freely and independently few say you are week few say complicated vien system its since from my age 13.
I'm a new mother with a 8 month old baby. A white dot appeared on my nipple a couple of days ago. There is shooting pain while feeding and sore after feeding too. Any suggestions?
Cough is a natural reflex of body in order to avoid any foreign particle from entering lungs, throat or even airway however continuous coughing will cause discomfort to the body.
Some of the symptoms which have to be looked out to identify wet cold are:
? Pain in chest and throat
? Cough along with mucus or phlegm
? Weaker immunity system opening body for other diseases
Reasons which may force common cold into body are:
? Common cold
? Climatic change
Remedies which can be easily prepared at home to treat wet cold include:
1). Pepper, Sugar Candy and liquorice powder:
Ingredients to be used:
? 1 tsp black peppercorns
? 2 tsp sugar candy
? 3 tsp liquorice powder
Make powder of all the ingredients, ½ tsp of this powder has to be consumed 4 times every day.
2). Ginger and honey:
? Raw ginger
Extract 1 tsp of ginger juice from ginger paste to which 1 tsp of honey has to be added and heated till it is lukewarm. 1 tsp of this mixture has to be consumed thrice every day.
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.
My question to paediatrician is my baby is 7 months old can I give green coconut water If yes how much should be the quantity and other diet which I can start giving her apart from cerelac Thanks.
My 1years 2months baby had febrile seizure last month for first time and I have got some solution from doctors through Lybrate. Thanks for all of them. Now my query is that, is it not possible to restrict febrile seizure permanently, that it should not attack the baby in future. And also suggest me either any chances of this disorder will appear due cold or caught.
My daughter 3.5 years old by mistake had diabetic (glyco mat) tablet, within a seconds we take out from her mouth, what is the short run side-effect, what is long run-effect?
Sir, my 4 year old son suffering from calcium (hypocalcimia - kenny-caffey) and he was given rocaltrol 0. 25mcg (calcitrol capsules) every day. Is there any treatment to come over this problem ? Is it required to continue this medicine throughout his life period.
Children have a more active life than adults which means they need to be fed every few hours for ensuring the intake of sufficient nutrients. It is advisable to avoid giving them sugary snacks like chips, biscuits or chocolates as they are high in saturated fats and low in nutrients. It is essential to give healthy snacks to your children that are rich in nutrients and keep them healthy.
Here are five healthy snacks that you can include in your children's diet:
1. Whole grain cereal
Whole grain cereal along with milk and fruits can be one of the healthiest snacks for your children as a bowl full of these contain vitamins and calcium. Whole grains also contain fiber which helps regulate the digestive system. In order to make it a tasty snack, you can add strawberries or sliced bananas to it, which will also add more flavors to it. You can also make oatmeal cakes which are delicious as well as healthy.
Children are fond of smoothies and milkshakes and you can make it healthier too. Use low fat yoghurt and blend it with frozen fruits like mangoes, pineapple or blueberries for a delicious treat. You can also make a milkshake with peanut butter and fruits which are packed with nutrients and fiber and experiment accordingly. Avoid making the smoothies sugary as they can be harmful for your child's health if they are consumed on a regular basis.
Low-fat cheese is a healthy snack for children as it is rich in calcium and nutrients. Make it an interesting snack by but cutting cheese in fun shapes and making kabobs with fruits. You can also make healthy pizzas with vegetables like tomatoes, broccoli or bell peppers topped on whole grain pita bread. You can also make snacks out of salt-free pretzels which your child can have with low-fat cheese.
4. Healthy baked food
Sneak in the fruits and vegetables in the baked foods your kids love. You can make muffins with sweet potatoes which are rich in beta-carotene. You can also make banana bread which is a delicious treat for your kids. Moreover, crispy baked snacks out of oats and apples tossed together served with low-fat yoghurt on top can also be a good snack time idea.
5. Dry fruits
Dry fruits and unsalted nuts are really a great snack for your kids. You can serve raisin toasts to your children as they are rich in fiber and vitamins and more effective than other sugary snacks. You can make a creamy raisin mix and serve it with carrot sticks or sliced apples.