Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. K S SekarYour feedback matters!
Is there any cure for Um colorectal cancer? That to at stage 3.. What are the chances of survival at 3rd stage. Actually I met a friend and I learnt dat she is infected. What are the do's and don't to care about..
My father is 72 years old. He has a prob3m with high serum creatinine, it also accompanied with prostate problem. He has been prescribed with Roliten OD 40 mg. What are other precautions we need to take care of him.
Knowing This Can Help You Prevent Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer is the most common cancer to affect the female reproductive system. The exact cause of ovarian cancer is not yet known and the risk factors involved are numerous, the most prevalent of which are genetic defects and hereditary problems.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are not always clear and range from pelvic and abdominal pains to irregularities in the menstrual cycle. Women beyond the age of 50 are most at risk of developing this type of cancer and the risk factor increases in case of family history.
Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
There is no sure shot way of preventing ovarian cancer. Some factors such as genetics cannot be controlled at all. There are, however, ways to take precaution against it through some simple lifestyle choices. A few of those ways are as follows:
• Eat a healthy balanced diet which is rich in all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that the body requires for boosting and maintaining immunity.
• Exercise regularly and stay active. Maintaining fitness is an important aspect of preventing the onset of all sorts of diseases and disorders.
• Go for frequent health checkups and make regular consultations with your gynaecologist so as to ensure early detection of the problem.
Another notable way of avoiding ovarian cancer is taking birth control pills which are known to reduce the risk levels. However, studies have shown that there are other health risks associated with taking birth control pills and hence you should always consult a gynaecologist for a proper prescription.
Hi sir my sister is having mouth cancer. She is from dehradun she is having Ayurveda treatment. .but I want to show her to you once. .financially she is not sound so if we want her to treated by you is there any chance to get funds from any n.g.o? Or shall we go through ayurveda only. Pls guide me coz somebody told me you guide people guineunly. My mom past away before 4 month be coz of cancer now we don't want to loose her so please guide me what should I do??
I am a 21 year old man. Some times in a gap of nearly 2-3 months blood comes out with my potty, is it a sign of cancer?
My grandfather who is 75 years old is suffering from esophageal cancer which has been detected recently. According to the doctor he is in the stage iii of the disease. Is there any chance of survival? We want to know details of experts in Guwahati. Please guide us.
Flow of urinating has become slow. In the process the frequeny has been increased. Checked sugar level. Sugar is within the limit. It may be a prostate problem. Is surgery must. If so after surgery noraml life can be performed.
My wife aged 53 yes suffering from metastatic cancer since 03 month, please advice ayurvedic/homeopathic medicine ?
Sir my mom is suffering from breast tumor and 2 nd time she got operated. In july 2015. And now she got weakness in whole body. And itching where she was operated. Guide me what to eat to cure her weakness.
I have an little bit enlarge prostate and also epidermitis on my left testicle. When ever I masturbate I feel pain in left testicle and also feel burning sensation when urinating and also burning sensation in my penis all day long. What kind of treatment and test I should do to cure my disease. I am 30 years old.
Cancer is usually detected at a very late stage when it is almost incurable. Can it be detected in the beginning? if yes please advise the procedure /tests.
Hi. My mother is age of 56 years she suffering from breast cancer. Can tell you y it occurs to her. What was the treatment should be done. And what are possibility of doses in future. For cure.
My grandfather is suffering from 4th stage of oral cancer and has tracheostomy and peg tube and the phlegm is so much and smelly too which we have to suck through a suction machine usually after every 2 hours. What should we do now?
Hi Madam / Sir, Recently my Mom diagnose with a Brest Cancer, Her age is 64, Now all tests are going at Cancer Hospital, their doctors are suggesting to go for "KEMO" but now her weight is 45 kg. Few doctors are saying to go for KEMO some are saying no to go with it. Kindly suggest that shall she can able to cure with Ayurvedic treatment without going for KEMO , Doctor's are saying she is in second stage. Please help me sir.
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Sir recently I had a surgery of removing tumour so doctor had removed a small part of meat with that tumour. So what is best food to taken to re get the meat over that part.
Sir, Currently my mom (Age-44) is suffering from Throat cancer Stage-3. After so many Tests and procedures Doctor suggested 2 options. Option 1. Surgery (Total laryngectomy Neck Dissection Gastric pull up. Note Patient will lose her voice permanently. So much pain involved. Option 2. Chemoradistion for 33 sittings. Note:- There might be less cure rate. (My opinion) Options:- Throat Surgery (Voice Box Removal), ChemoRadiation. Currently my plan-1 is to start with option 1 then if not I will go to Option 2. Currently my plan-2 is to start with option 2 (For preserving voice.
Skin cancer most often develops on skin that has faced sun exposure. At the same time, it can also affect skin areas that haven't been exposed to sun's rays. Do you know, skin cancer can be prevented by consuming some foods? Yes, and there are some out there:
1. Fatty fish - Including fatty fish in your diet can shield you against melanoma as they contain the beneficial nutrient Omega-3 fatty acids. In fact, these kinds of fatty acids are considered to be best for consumption as unlike saturated fats, they don't increase your risk for certain types of cancer. A study in the International Journal of Epidemiology reveals that individuals who consume a diet containing fish that is high in these healthy fats have low rates of this form of cancer.
2. Vegetables - This is another food option that is known to possess strong skin cancer-fighting properties. Dark leafy veggies like spinach, kale and broccoli can aid fighting against melanoma. A pigment found in tomatoes called lycopene has properties that guard you against cardiovascular diseases as well as cancers of all kinds. Similarly, the pigment carotenoids found in vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, etc are known to protect against sunburn.
3. Herbs - Including herbs in your diet can help in replenishing the minerals and vitamins that get depleted due to the action of the sun. According to experts, about 80% of your body's vitamin levels see a reduction when you stay under the sun for 30-45 minutes. Basil, parsley, and rosemary are a few of the herbs that possess cancer-fighting qualities.
4. Flaxseeds - The unique qualities of flaxseed make it the best option against skin cancer. It contains both antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids, making it an all-around solution to fighting skin cancer.