Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.Rina
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K.RinaYour feedback matters!
I am 62 years old and while on liver functioning test it was found out that I have fatty liver. What does it mean. Is it curable with medicine, if so please suggest the name of medicine. Thank You.
I am 64 yrs old lady. I started with problem of hearing along with peculiar sounds 3 yrs back. Gradually it got bad and was diagnosed tinnitus. Now since last 15 days hearing problem has occured especially at noisy places. And there is breezy noise continuosly, day and night. Sugesstion appreciated. Thanks
What should I do. I have raises in my stomach. N its got pain every time what should I do plzz help me.
Hi I am 31 years old, every day I do masturbating and due to which I am not much interested in doing sex with partner, just wanted to confirm is it fine if I continue masturbating or because it I am not much interested in sex with partner.
He have the problem of premature ejaculation. His parents is looking for a bride without knowing this. So how can he recover from this problem.
I am a 58 year old male with no health problem and 62 kg of body weight. I have a painless swelling in the area of about one squire inch on the middle of my forehead for the last ten years. It does not look good on my face. I want to know how I can get rid of this unwanted swelling. Please advise me.
How much cost in undescended testicle surgery and how much time its takes in recovery. Is it any serious problem not having surgery at this age of, 25.
Minor Gastric problem. Please let me know home remedies. Does it affect heart. I'feel am getting some pain while I eat non veg enough.
I have been prone to jaundice twice. Everytime I eat fast food I am afraid. Could you suggest me something?
I am 44 and my fiance is 26 going to marry soon but I ejaculate at time of fore play is there any solution.
In most cases, men who suffer a slight loss of penis sensation can take a few good penis care tips to heart and gradually restore their penis sensitivity. But what about those who are suffering from severe sensation loss? For those men, the idea of surgery to restore penis sensation is not far-fetched. In fact, they might choose to eagerly go under the knife if it means they again get to feel the pleasures their body was designed to feel.
On the other hand, any surgery is risky, but especially one that requires a surgeon to work on the penis and surrounding area. Here's what a man needs to know about penis surgery for sensation restoration, as well as other ways that might be worth trying first.
What does penis sensation restoration entail?
One of the most common penis sensation restoration surgeries works on the principle of preventing friction, chafing and any other potentially damaging touch against the penis. To do this, the surgeon works to create a flap of tissue that covers the head of the penis, much like an artificial foreskin. By keeping this most sensitive area of the penis protected and safe from any outside elements, it allows the area to heal the nerve endings that have been damaged. The result is often that a man can eventually feel penis sensation in the area, often enough that he can once again engage in satisfying sensual play, whether with himself or a partner.
The problem is that surgery like this requires cutting, and that's something that can lead to even more loss of sensation. The areas where the skin is removed from will likely be numb for a while, and might even suffer some permanent nerve damage. Besides that, every cut and stitch creates another wound that must heal - and that heightens the risk of infection. A man who winds up with an infection after the surgery could see his penis sensitivity decrease even more.
So what's a man to do about penis sensation restoration?
- Rather than go under the knife, a man can look to other ways that aren't as invasive. Cardiovascular health matters a great deal, as it takes copious blood flow to make a penis as erect and sensitive as it should be. Paying attention to diet and exercise is a great way to start. It's also important to look at overall health, as things like smoking, diabetes and other health concerns can quickly diminish penis sensitivity.
- Besides this, it's important to make sure the penis is always protected from potential nerve damage. Avoid anything that might lead to soreness, bruising or other issues that could lead to damage. For instance, always wear an appropriate cup or jock strap during sports, wear the proper underwear, use the best cleansers for sensitive skin and otherwise look for ways to enhance and protect penis skin.
- Finally, a man who has serious issues with penis sensation can talk to the doctor about potential creams and medications that might help enhance the sensation they do have. Though medications do not work for everyone and are often considered a last resort before surgery, it might be worth taking a pill every day to avoid going under the knife.
- Another good option for preserving penis sensitivity is the daily use of a high-quality penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Look for a crème with Shea butter and vitamin E, both of which can keep the skin soft and thus enhance sensitivity. Also look for L-carnitine, which fights against peripheral nerve damage, and can help protect a man's sensitive penis skin from further problems. Finally, L-arginine is great for better blood flow, which can help boost the sensitivity of those nerve endings.
I am 23 years old, 4 years back I got married but still pregnancy not yet come. 2 times PCOD and 1 time UTI was came. I consult gynaecologist, they suggest Tab. Ovabless for PCOD and Nerri Syp for UTI, now taking. They advised tablets for taking 3 months. I want to get pregnancy, what can I do please tell me.
Headache and eye problem. When I read there is water in my both eyes. Is this a weakness or I need some power glasses?
Ham log kaise apni body ko pore tarike se swasth rakh sakte hai aur kaise apni body ki ham growth badha sakte hai ki taki hamari height me koi dikkat na a sake.
I want to have my surgery for varicocele. But 3 months before I got a stent in my heart. How much time I should wait for my surgery for varicocele.
The ear has three parts – outer, middle, and inner – through which sounds waves pass through. On reaching the inner ear, the sound waves are transmitted through a fluid medium which is carried through to the brain to produce “sound.” Hearing loss can be due to problems anywhere in this circuit – from the outer ear to nerve issues in the middle ear.
There are two main types of hearing loss
Conductive hearing loss, where problems in the outer or middle ear cause problem conducting sound waves into the inner ear
Sensorineural hearing loss, where there is a problem in the nervous portion of the hearing process
Conductive hearing loss occurs due to poor conduction of sound waves to the middle ear, where it is processed to perceive the sound. Conductive hearing loss can happen due to the following reasons:
- Wax: Excessive wax accumulated in the outer ear can prevent passage of sound into the middle ear
- Infection: The outer or middle ear could be infected, affecting passage of sound waves
- Tear in the eardrum: The eardrum is a membrane through which sound waves pass. A tear due to trauma or injury can hamper this process, leading to hearing loss.
- Impact: When there is a bang on the head, there could be temporary hearing loss due to disruption of the hearing system
- Hereditary: A lot of times, hearing loss is hereditary and an exact cause may not be traceable
- Ear tumor: Middle ear tumors can also cause conductive hearing loss
- Abnormal growth: Abnormal bone growth in the middle ear can cause blockage, leading to hearing loss
- Post-surgical: The ear is a highly complex structure, and while surgical corrections are being done to treat a condition, it is very likely that other parts can be damaged
In most of the conditions mentioned above, there are some sound waves which pass through, so conductive hearing loss is often partial, wherein the person can hear but it is faint. Very rarely, it is complete where the person goes completely deaf.
This would depend on the cause of the hearing loss.
- Clearing up the wax can lead to improved hearing
- A tear in the eardrum or fluid buildup would need surgical repair to restore hearing
- Infections might require treatment with antibiotics and pain killers
- Tumors or bone growths would also require surgical correction for restoring hearing
- For outer ear blocks, audiometry is done only after the blocks are cleared
- If post correction, the hearing is not completely restored, hearing aids can be used, which often results in complete restoration. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
I always feel like I have to pee. Rest things are normal. No pain, No burning sensation while urinating. Will this affect erection? Please tell me.
I am having gas problem and I have my body pain all the time. Heart burning symptoms also there. Please guide.
Clearly, penetrative intercourse is one of the most pleasurable sexual activities around, but there is definitely something to be said for a little frottage. Like any form of direct-contact sexual activity, there are some risks to penis health that can be associated with frottage - and an itchy penis is one of them. Fortunately, taking a little extra care can often help keep the frottaged penis from descending into the realm of the itchy penis.
What is frottage?
If a person wants to be 100% technically correct, frottage refers to any kind of non-penetrative sexual activity in which the genitals of one partner are rubbed against or otherwise stimulated by any body part of another partner. Under this definition, a person being masturbated by another person (thereby engaging in hand-to-penis stimulation) would be engaging in frottage, as would a man whose penis brushed repeatedly against a partner's thigh or breasts.
In practice, however, frottage is usually reserved for occasions in which there is non-penetrative genital-to-genital contact. So if two men rub their penises together, or a man rubs his penis against a woman's vagina, they would be practicing frottage.
Is it safe?
The question often arises as to whether or not frottage is considered safe sex. The answer really depends upon the way in which safe sex is defined. For example, it is very unlikely (though not impossible) to contract HIV through bare-genital frottage. The practice is also not considered high risk for transmission of STIs like syphilis either. (Although again, it is not impossible for such transmission - and using condoms decreases the likelihood even further.)
However, there are a number of STIs that are more commonly associated with frottage. These include herpes, warts, scabies and chancroids. (Again, the use of condoms can reduce the risk of such infections.)
The itchy penis question
There also are more "benign" issues that could result from frottage, including those that can bring about an itchy penis condition. Some possible causes could be:
- Yeast. Rubbing a bare penis against another penis with thrush or against a vagina with a yeast infection can easily allow the infection to be passed on to a previously-clean penis.
- Latex allergy. If one partner wears a condom and the other does not, the latex may cause an allergic reaction if the bare penis is especially sensitive. In some cases, even if the penis does not have an allergy to latex, the condom may simply rub the delicate penis skin the wrong way.
- Contact dermatitis. An itchy penis and accompanying rash can easily develop on a penis that rubs against another penis or a vagina that has been exposed to harsh chemicals from soaps, detergents, perfumes, etc. If a metal cock ring is involved, or if the partner penis or vagina contains piercings that house metal components, the penis may react with a "rash" thanks to the friction caused by the metal.
Those who are worried about getting an itchy penis from frottage can take some precautions. Wearing a condom (if one is not allergic to it) is always a good option for minimizing itch. Bathing the partner's genitals with a non-allergenic soap and water mix can be fun as well as a good way to remove any potential itch-causing chemicals. And above all, ask if the partner has any issues (e.g., an STI, a yeast infection, etc.) before engaging in sexual play.
If frottage does lead to an itchy penis for simple dermatological reasons, know that using a superior penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) can help to alleviate the itchiness. Be sure to find a crème that contains a dynamic duo of moisturizers, such as a high end emollient (Shea butter is excellent) and a natural hydrator (simple vitamin E works well). Well-moisturized skin is less prone to itchiness. If the crème contains pantothenic acid (also called vitamin B5), so much the better. Pantothenic acid is used in products that fight eczema and other skin rashes, so it can help decrease the need to scratch the penis as well.