Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Ramesh
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. K RameshYour feedback matters!
Dr. I would like to report you my concern. Recently I had found a mucus in my stool. I have asthma problem n was taking medicine atizid 250 and other tablet monteculost for phlegm in my chest. At this tym I found mucus produced from my anus. please help me wid dis n wat should I do to cure the problem and please say if the problem is serious. Or it is just due to the medicine.
I am 65 years old, I get burning in urethra and feet since 5 months I am taking for folsirol since 1 month. I am little relieved but with exertion or sitting I get the same problem.
The main task of the kidneys is to balance the electrolytes in the blood and maintain the pH homeostasis. The kidneys also remove waste products from the blood. Infections in the kidney aren’t uncommon and affect women (majorly pregnant women) and children below the age of two in most conditions.
Kidney infections are of two types:
- Uncomplicated kidney infection: The infections in this condition are minor and can be cured with minimal medication.
- Complicated kidney infection: These infections are more complex and serious as compared to the uncomplicated ones.
The most common causes of kidney infections are:
- Weak immune system: If you have a weak immune system, you are prone to getting a bacterial or fungal infection on the surface of your skin which eventually enters the bloodstream. The infection might right reach the kidneys and cause an infection there.
- Bacteria entering from the urethra: The pathogen which causes an infection can enter the body through the urethra and multiply in the bladder. The infection spreads to the kidneys and causes renal infection.
- Kidney stones: People diagnosed with kidney stones are at a very high risk of developing kidney infections. Kidney stones are caused because of a build-up of dissolved minerals in the inner lining of the kidneys.
- Enlarged prostate: Men with an excessively enlarged prostate are prone to developing kidney infections as compared to men with a normal-sized prostate.
- Intercourse: Engaging in sexual (anal or vaginal) intercourse with an infected person can be a major reason for kidney infection as the bacteria can enter the body through the anus or the vagina and affect the kidneys.
It is not difficult to detect infection in the kidneys as they have very visible symptoms. A few symptoms of kidney infection are:
- Excessive back pain
- Sudden chills or fever
- Nausea and puking
- Blood in the urine
- Pain while urinating
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!