Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.Rabitha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K.RabithaYour feedback matters!
For most couples, having a child is their dream come true. For those who are not able to see this dream come true, the reasons could be due to issues in either the male or the female (impotence or infertility respectively). There could be multiple underlying causes of impotency and infertility including physiologic reasons and strained relationships.
As with all other conditions, homoeopathy looks at both impotence and infertility as a whole and tries to provide a remedy not just to the issue at hand, but to the problem as a whole.
Impotence: Common causes for impotence include hormonal issues, neurologic disturbances, psychological issues, and pathological causes like infections, inflammation, etc. The first step in treatment depends on identifying the underlying cause, and then giving a remedy. Some of the common homoeopathy medicines are listed below, but self-medication is not advisable.
- In cases where emotional desire and physical ability are lacking, Agnus Castus is used effectively. In these patients, the genital organs are usually cold, flaccid, and relaxed.
- In people who have mental depression, Caladium is the treatment of choice. The desire is strong but the erections are very weak in these people.
- In men with rapid, involuntary semen discharge, Selenium is indicated
- In men with low sperm count, x-Ray helps to improve both quantity and quality of sperms.
- In men with small testes and/or prostate enlargement, Sabal Serrulata is used effectively.
Infertility: This is caused by a multitude of factors including structural abnormalities in the pelvic organs, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, hormonal imbalances, pelvic inflammatory disease, infections like Chlamydia and gonorrhoea), blocked fallopian tubes, or thyroid disorders. The underlying reason should first be identified before treating infertility. Some of the commonly used homoeopathy medicines are listed below.
- In females with infertility due to acid vaginal discharges, Borax and Natrum Phos are used. Borax is used where the discharge is copious, warm, and resembles egg white. Natrum Phos is used in cases where the discharge is creamy and honey coloured and sour smelling.
- In women with menorrhagia or dysfunctional bleeding, Calcarea Carb is used. The periods are usually ahead of time, are too heavy, and last very long. Aletris farinose is used when the periods are heavy and early along with a history of frequent abortions.
- In women with irregular, scanty periods, Pulsatilla and Sepia are indicated. Pulsatilla is used when there are multiple ovarian cysts. Sepia is used in women who have a bearing down sensation of the uterus.
Of note, in both impotence and infertility, self-medication is not advised. The doctor will have a detailed discussion to find out what is right for you. For best results, involve the partner as well.
I am 23 years woman. Recently married (jan 18. Last month I have period in april 13. This month I have no period. And I have some problem of pergency symptoms. Like feaver and stomach pain in the left part of stomach. I am percent or not? what will I do? what time I wait for visit doctor.
Male menopause also called ‘andropause’ is characterized by changes in the male hormone 'testosterone’ due to age. Other names that are used to describe similar symptoms are ‘androgen deficiency’, ‘testosterone deficiency’ and ‘late-onset of hypogonadism’.
What Is Male Menopause?
Because men do not go through a well-defined period referred to as menopause, some doctors refer to this problem as androgen (testosterone) decline in the aging male -- or what some people call low testosterone. Men do experience a decline in the production of the male hormone testosterone with aging, but this also occurs with conditions such as diabetes (read more about diabetes problem). Testosterone is a hormone which is produced in the testes and it plays an important role in a man’s body; from regulating sex drive, increasing energy levels in the body, maintaining muscle mass to bringing about changes during puberty. Male menopause differs from female menopause in a few aspects and not all men are affected by it. However, this condition doesn’t cause impotence.
Along with the decline in testosterone, some men experience symptoms that include:
The symptoms of male menopause are low energy levels, fatigue, depression and an inability to focus on anything. You will lose muscle tone coupled with an increase in body fat; the muscles in the body also tend to become weak. Some other symptoms are decreased bone density and breast development.
There are no specific causes as such, but aging is known to play a major role in male menopause. Certain lifestyle factors such as depression, stress and anxiety can cause some symptoms of male menopause to show up such as erectile dysfunction. Not eating a balanced diet and not following a proper exercise regimen and drinking or smoking excessively can trigger symptoms of male menopause.
Once the diagnosis is done, the doctor will chart out a treatment course. The common treatment for male menopause is to make certain changes in your lifestyle – eating a well-balanced diet, getting optimal sleep and exercising regularly. Making these types of changes has been proven to dramatically improve the health of men affected by male menopause.
Another option is hormone replacement therapy, wherein synthetic or artificial testosterone is administered to the body. It is similar to performance e nhancers in terms of its side effects. So it is advised to consult your doctor and take a well-founded decision on whether to go ahead with the hormone replacement therapy.
Ayurvedic Management of Male Menopause:
- Manage your emotions through yoga and meditation.
- Attend couple’s counselling and talk your doctor about your issues. Educate yourself and your family about the condition.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Maintain your weight by doing regular exercise and diet.
- Do regular body oil massage with Ksheerabala taila, Sesame oil or Mahanarayana taila.
- You can undergo Ayurvedic treatments like Shirodhara, Rasayana and Vajikarana chikitsa to rejuvenate your body and enhance your sexual health.
My last date of period was 19th February. And we did sex on the first day of my period and then I took i.pill after an hour. Today on 26th march I have not get my period yet. Today early morning I did home pregnancy test with prega news. It results negatively. And it shows I am not pregnant. Then what is the reason of my delayed period. How can I induce my periods?
Do you wake up in the morning feeling like a log? Do you feel so irritated to move around with all the pain that you wish the day never started? People affected with disorders such as arthritis, rheumatism and fibromyalgia (a pain disorder which affects the soft tissue and the muscles in the body) are the most vulnerable to such kind of pain. Body stiffness in the morning can make it difficult for you to get out of the bed and go about your work for the day.
Here are some causes that may lead to such a condition:
- Not exercising on a regular basis
- An unhealthy diet which does not provide you with all the necessary nutrients
- Living in a damp and cold environment can stiffen up those muscles, contributing to this condition.
- A bad sleeping posture such as sleeping on your side can reduce the flow of blood to the concerned muscles, leading to early morning body ache.
Tips to get rid of it?
You can follow these tips to get your body up and about in the morning, right from the time you wake up:
- The first tip to get rid of morning stiffness is to get the required amount of sleep. The recommended amount is 6-8 hours of regular sleep. Avoid distractions such as the glare from the slickest smart phone you recently bought, or another mindless episode of Quantico on your TV set.
- Stretch your body before you go to sleep; a proper stretching routine will help loosen up the muscles and reduce stress from the body.
- Remember, cold aggravates almost any kind of pain. So, if the room is cold or damp, use heaters or blankets to make sure that you are not affected by the cold.
- Taking a hot shower before going to bed is a very good way to relax your muscles and also promote better blood circulation.
- You need to keep yourself hydrated; so drink at least 2-3 liters of water regularly. Dehydration can lead to body cramps that can prevent you from getting a good night’s sleep, a factor which will most certainly add to your morning fatigue and pain.
- Eat a healthy diet which consists of vegetables and fruits. Avoid eating too much carbohydrates as it can overload your system.
- Avoid or at least limit stress: Make use of relaxation techniques such as meditation to manage stress effectively. Meditating early in the morning can set the tone for the day.
- Get regular exercise as it promotes stronger muscles and keeps your body free from almost all kinds of pain. But make sure not to overstrain those muscles as that can add to a separate set of worries for you. Try not to exercise if you find the pain really troublesome and bothering; rather, let it subside before you resume with your exercises.
Cinnamon is usually seen as a condiment added to almost any kind of dish to make it flavourful. But no dish in this world has ingredients which do not benefit the eater nutritionally. Cinnamon has been used for a long time in Ayurvedic medicines. It is a natural ingredient which keeps people healthy and nourished.
There are several benefits of consuming cinnamon some of them are explained below.
- Antioxidants: Polyphenol is one such antioxidant that is present in cinnamon. In fact, a study has shown that out of twenty-six natural ingredients which contain this property, cinnamon has emerged as a clear winner, even leaving behind garlic. It is also the antioxidant-rich property of cinnamon which makes it a well-known preservative. Thus apart from adding flavour, and having anti oxidant properties, cinnamon also preserves the food for a longer time.
- Anti-inflammatory: This is one of the most important properties of cinnamon. This helps in fighting diseases and keeps infections and diseases causing germs at bay.
- Helps in controlling heart diseases: Diabetes is one of the main causes of heart disease. However, it can be kept in control by controlling cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels. This can be effectively done by cinnamon. Thus by controlling diabetes and increasing good cholesterol in the body, cinnamon actually reduces the risk of getting heart diseases.
- Reduces insulin resistance: Insulin is an important element in the body. It controls hormonal and even blood sugar levels in the body. However, there are many people who have resistance to insulin. This actually is a serious issue which can give rise to diabetes and various other problems. However, a minimal intake of cinnamon everyday reduces the risk of being insulin resistant and helps the body to accept insulin more readily.
- Lowers blood sugar level: After mentioning how cinnamon makes insulin more acceptable in the body, it is important to highlight the other factors which are controlled by this ingredient which helps in maintaining a balanced sugar level in the body. First, it regulates the glucose entering the body. Second, cinnamon is made of a particular type of compound which can act as a substitute for insulin.
- Cancer: Till date, even after heavy research and tests, cancer has no definite cure. But theory has it that there are many natural preventive measures which can be taken against this deadly disease- consumption of cinnamon being one of them.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of consuming Cinnamon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.