Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.R.Suresh Bapu
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K.R.Suresh BapuYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors my mom is facing allergy problem since 20 years she is suffering with sinus and migraine in recent day she got cured of those problems using homeopathy but I need your suggestions dat how can she will be cured of this allergy she is not taking any vgtbls and fruits please do Hlp me and suggest me d best doctor for allergy. I juz want to kwn dat can allergy is permanently cured or not please reply me. Thank you.
A tumor is an uncontrolled and abnormal growth of cells. A brain tumor is thus an abnormal growth and multiplication of cells in the brain. The cell growth can also be in areas adjacent to the brain. The brain tumor may
- Have its origin in the brain (Primary brain tumor), or
- Its origin may be in some other parts or organs of the body, which gradually spreads to the brain (Secondary/metastatic brain tumor).
Not all brain tumors are harmful and life threatening.
Brain tumors that exist as noncancerous cell growths are known as Benign brain tumors. Benign brain tumors seldom pose any threat to life.
Brain tumors that are cancerous and, thus, harmful, are known as Malignant brain tumors.
Do not neglect any brain tumors (malignant or not). It is better to be safe than to be sorry.
Types of Primary brain tumors:
Based on its cell of origin, primary brain tumors (benign as well as malignant) may be of the following types:
- Meningiomas: Brain tumors that originate from the meninges (the membranes that cover the brain and the spinal cord). Meningiomas are seldom malignant.
- Acoustic Neuromas: A noncancerous cell growth that has its origin in the vestibulocochlear nerve (the eighth cranial nerve). This nerve connects the brain with the inner ear.
- Gliomas: Here, the tumor has its origin in the brain and the spinal cord (glial cells). This type of brain tumors, in most cases (~80%), are malignant.
- Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumors (PNETs): Extremely rare, PNETs are malignant tumors that develop in the embryonic cells in the brain.
- Medulloblastomas: Medulloblastomas is a malignant brain tumor that mostly affects children. It originates in the cerebellum (lower part of the brain).
- Craniopharyngiomas: A benign brain tumor that has its origin near the pituitary gland (base of the brain). Craniopharyngiomas are common in children.
Probability of a secondary brain tumor are more in people who have had;
The symptoms of brain tumor include:
- Chronic and regular headaches.
- A change in the headache pattern.
- A person may experience vision problems (Peripheral vision may be affected, double or blurred vision).
- There may be difficulty in hearing.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Behavioral and speech problems.
- An arm or a leg may lose sensation.
- A person has difficulty with balance.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
Though brain tumor can affect anyone and everyone, its chances are higher in
- People who are more exposed to ionizing radiation. People having undergone a radiation therapy are equally vulnerable.
- Children as well as older people.
- People having a family history of brain tumors.
The diagnosis includes;
- An imaging test like the MRI, CT scan and PET (Positron Emission Tomography).
- Biopsy, whereby samples of the abnormal tissue is collected and examined.
- Neurological examination.
- Surgery is an effective treatment for brain tumors.
One can also opt for:
- Radiations, whereby the abnormal tumor cells are destroyed using protons and x-rays (high-energy beams).
- Chemotherapy: In this treatment, the tumor cells are destroyed using strong drugs (taken orally or intravenously).
- Targeted drug therapy: This treatment blocks the abnormalities that are characteristically present only in the cancer cells.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Does lack of oxygen at the time of early childhood result in fit in the long run? Is it curable in adulthood? My doctor says it is different from epilepsy. The patient is around 42. Please guide.
Fingertips of my wife become numb during sleep in early hours. What could be the reason and probable solution.
I am suffering from cerebral palsy since my child hood fits not controlled till date. Are you neurologist PL give me advice.
I am 26 year old male having medicines for the past 3 years as I am suffering from motor neuropathy. When it will get cure.
British head injury statistics report that about one million people are required to go through emergency care every year. Although many of these accidents are minor, one out of five victims is required to be admitted in the hospital for emergency care. Head injuries amount to about 1 percent of all deaths and about 15 to 20 percent death in people aged between 5 and 35 years. This is the most common form of death in abused children.
Symptoms of a concussion
Head injuries are also known as concussions or traumatic brain injuries, which may range from mild to severe. Most mild injuries cause no harm over time but in rare cases, these may trigger a host of problems. You must seek medical help in case you observe any of the following symptoms:
- Nausea, drowsiness and headache are persistent for a long time and get worse every day.
- Difficulty in waking up from sleep; this problem is very common with children.
- Unusual and incomprehensible behavior like getting annoyed or losing temper and being confused.
- Amnesia or forgetfulness.
- Change in the size of eye pupil especially dilated pupil.
- Difficulty in explaining anything, speaking and even walking.
- Drainage of blood-like or clear fluids from nose or ears.
- Weakness or numbness in different parts of the body, particularly in arms and legs.
- Vomiting more than twice or thrice in a day.
Such symptoms should never be overlooked and they may take place separately or in combination in people affected with mild head injuries. These symptoms are collectively called post concussional syndrome causing irritability, depression, fatigue, tiredness, insomnia together with the above mentioned problems.
Homeopathic treatment to alleviate the symptoms
Initial hours right after the head injury are very crucial. A proper treatment at this point of time can prevent further worsening of the condition. Arnica and NatrumSulph are very effective in treating head injuries or concussion. Though most people regard Arnica as a small remedy in petty injuries, in truth, Arnica plays a vital role in preventing immediate as well as remote effects culminating from a head injury. It can control internal hemorrhages or bleeding, which may lead to critical problems in the future.
Another important homeopathic medicine is NatrumSulph that is known for its ability to treat epilepsy, sightlessness, vertigo and memory loss, which can arise from an immediate or distant head injury. It can also lead to swelling in the optic channel through which the optic nerve goes that can cause acute visual disturbances. Therefore, it is important to consult a responsive healthcare provider without further delay.