Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. K R SaravananYour feedback matters!
My dad is having hearing disorder. From one ear, he can't hear anything but from the second one, doc says that a machine can be used. My question is, is the hearing impairment machine the only solution for long term (can some medication or alternative treatment help)? I'm trying to find an alternative to hearing aid, as I assume that if someone is using hearing aid then over long term his ear can't improve, it will only deteriorate further. Please correct me.
My hearing loss is 17db in left or 18db in right ear I use hearing aid and it gives me good feedback in collage and in conversation with friends sir I wants to know the use of hearing aid cause any sideffact on me or not.
My father needs hearing aid because he was diagnosed with 50% loss on both the ears by doctor. Anybody recommend best hearing aid companies to buy for? I want an affordable and best option. Thanks.
I am 25year male. I have hearing problem in my year in back 6 month. I checkup by doctor then advice me take hearing machine. But I want to solved my problem by medicine or surgery, please you best advice me.
Gd eve sir/madam. My friend can't hear low volume sounds even from beside person, He consulted a doctor in Apollo. They suggested him for an operation, but the problem is, they said that if operation is success then no problem, But if it gets failed, then he can't listen even very loud sound from beside person too. The use of deff machine is also not useful. Then what is the solution for his problem. He is a great civil engineering. He works in one of the top 10 civil construction companies in india. Please help him, by solving his problem.
I think im obsessing over a tune and it has caused me to actually hear it all the time. please help me I have exams in few week final year mbbs and im not able to study.
Hi, i met with an accident in year 2011. It resulted in left temporal bone fracture. Ultimately i recovered but hearing problem in left year continued can you suggest any measure? I took advice from doctor but couldn't get over it?
I am having trouble in hearing. I am only 45 can I have hearing problem in this age. I am not that old. Can this be because I have to communicate on headphones due to my work.
My son is 2.5 years old, still he is unable to speak. He can understand what we are saying, sometimes he is not at all listening to us. He is speaking something in his own language always when he is playing. Please help me.
Sir my right ear is blocked internally. Ear drum is ok. No problem in hearing. Not any pain. Not any fluid leakage from ear. And was under treatment of ent doctor for last two months. I am doing exercise daily by blocking nose and filled air in cheeks. I had also taken several type of anti allergic medicines prescribed by ent but no relief. Please guide me.
Hi my 8 year old daughter is having severe deafness suddenly in left ear. Consulted 2 docs and are of the view that it can' t be reversed as nerves got damaged due to unknown reasons. We checked her up 3 yrs back, all was well then. Kindly suggest a way out for the treatment. Docs say there is no way out neither need to take any medicine.
I am 29 years old I have hearing problem. In my both ears. Hearing cells are dead what to do now their is any other way to back my hearing power without an implant?
My brother 29 having minor loss of hearing. He can hear voices but cannot distinguish doctor telling nerve problem. Can it be improved with medicine or any other means.
Dear Sir, I wanted to ask that In order to get the hearing impairment device for old people , Should I consult doctor or directly I can purchase it from store ? Please guide me as my grand pa finds difficulty in hearing because of his old age 83. Thanks,
Hi i am Facing hearing prob.Consulted many doctors they say hearing aids too cant help me as per reports.Wat to do
I am suffering from weakness of ear nerves. 2-3 year ago. My hearing audiometry is above 45db. What should I do to improve it.
I am 30 year old female, suffering from thyroid. My weight gets reduced. And another case is- I am 77 years. Old male, my hearing power is getting reduced. Suggest remedies.
My question is from ENT Surgeon, I had my surgery of a right ear, as there was a fungal infection in my ear due to which some type of bone was damaged in my ear, that was replaced in a surgery. Its been 12 years till now, but as the time is increasing, my hearing power is getting lower of my right ear. Infact, now my hearing power is almost nil. What should I do? I am now afraid of going for surgery again. Is there any treatment, or some meditation, that can help me cure this problem?
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.