Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K Prem KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi my baby girl is 2 weeks old, daily maximum time I feed breastfeeding only but daily 2 to 3 times I gave powder milk only, now I gave lactogen 1, I want to know which milk powder is good and healthy and increase my baby's weight.
Im a mother of 2.8 years old twin girls. Can I give them a very small quantity of Dabur Chyavanprash daily and then gradually increase to one spoon. They are just 11 kgs and born premature. Very poor eating habit and has constipation problem.
Sugary foods should be consumed in limited quantities as the bacteria in dental plaque changes them into acids.
Ongoing monitoring is essential to maintain and establish the lowest step and dose of treatment to minimize cost and maximise safety.
Typically patient should be seen one to three months after initial assesment,and every three months thereafter.After an exacerbation.the patient should be assesed within two weeks to one month.
At every visit the patient inform the doctor following.
Use of short acting B2 agonist
Night awakening due to cough/breathlessness.
Interferance in day today activity by cough/breathless.
Any triger observed by patient.
Any concern regarding drug use.
On the basis of above information ,doctor can step up,step down or continue same treatment.
If asthma not controlled,then step treatment
If asthma partly controlled ,then consider stepping up treatment.
If asthma well controlled for three months ,then step down treatment is recommended. The goal is to maintain control with minimum treatment.
Monitoring is still reccomended even after control is achieved,as asthma is a variable disease,treatment has to be adjusted periodically.
I masturbate once in 2 days. I am very lean and skinny. Is it the cause of my skinny body. What else problem is caused by it?
She is 5.6 year old. My husband's ht is 5.8 and mine is 5.2 and my daughter's weight is 13.5 kg and her height is 104 cms as get tired very soon and what to do for her weight gain and height gain and to get her energies.
My baby age 11 months not slept in day time like other kids, he sleep 15 mins in evary sleep in day time twice. May I know the reason?
Can rotavirus vaccine be given after 2.5 month (1st dose) or it is too late to give baby the 1st dose and is it safe.
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.
I am 25 year old women. I have one child. My baby's give the milk is stopped before 10 months. But my breast is pain. Both two is pain if touch. And right brest is more painful. With my right hang back side is pain. I see one gynaecologist and take scan. In scanning repot is duct ectasia. What is this? it is cancer? I am worried. Please help me. What I do?
I am 37 years old, I have a son who is 9 years old. My son is very lazy to write he learns and when asked he says he correctly but the same when told to write he does not listen and does not write, and when he writes there are many spelling mistakes. Could you please suggest a way that my son gets interest in writing and learning and let me know why is this happening?
My baby is getting diaper rash very frequently. We are not using any diapers due to this, but still getting rash. We apply vaseline and zinc oxide cream regularly. When the rash gets worse we apply Eumosone-M which helps to get rid of the rashes but after 2 days it again appears. We are using himalaya wipes. Can you suggest a cream, which can apply regularly as Eumosone-M contains steroid and should not be used regularly?
My son is 9 years old and studying in 4th standard. He hates school and home work. Unable to concentrate. Do not enjoy playing or making friends. Very stubborn and angry. Loves watching T V and eating. Psychologist says he is intelligent and highly energetic. Pl help to create interest in studies and sports.
Hello Doctors, My son born on 10th APR-2016 with 1.96 KG with PRE-TERM (34 Weeks 6 days) and currently he is with weight of 3.8 Kg but he is continuously taking the FORMULA MILK (Similac Advance 1) only because my wife is not getting the breast milk like very rarely she can get breast milk and she is trying to give parallel but we are really worrying because as we are seeing through out the day he is feeding with formula milk only. Please suggest is there any harm? And what to do this conditions since if he is having hungry he will cry lot and after formula milk feeding he is OK. And he is more active like hitting through his legs and hands and keep on looking the persons and laughing and responding if we tell some thing. Suggest please for the further way forward. Thanking you in advance!
My daughter is 6 years old and 18 kg she is having motions 4 to 5 times in an hour. What medicine shall I give to control motions.
Having good non decayed milk teeth with spacing between them is good for the child. There is a probability that if there are no spaces between milk teeth ( before 6 years of age) - the chances of having irregular teeth become more later on when the permanent teeth erupt. If there is crowding/ irregularity on the eruption of permanent teeth, it is better to show it to a Pedodontist ( Child Dental Specialist), by 7 to 8 yeras of age - who will help you and the child get the teeth into alignment without having to go through braces later on. This way there will be less chances of decay in child's milk and permanent teeth.