Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. K P DhinakaranYour feedback matters!
I have been facing chronic fatigue and poor concentration from few months. Last month I had CBC count and it says the following: Hemoglobin: 10.6 gm/dl polymorph: 59% Lymphocytes: 34% eosinophilia: 06% Monocytes: 01% Basophils: 00% ESR: 28 mm end of 1 hour PCV: 32.8% MCV: 58.0%fl RBCs: 5/65 million/cumm MCH: 18.7pg MCHC: 32.3g/dl RDW%: 18.7% Platelet count: 1.87 lac/cumm I want to know is it any severe level of Anemia since it was written Microcytic Hypochromic Anemia.
I am suffering from sexual disorder. I am not been able to control my desire and masturbate every single night. Please help me out.
I have lite fever with lite cold and lite cough and lite body pains and heavy headache what can I do sir. please give me a solution.
My daughter age is 26 unmarried. She is having PCOD for which she is taking treatment. The problem is she is getting bad odour from under arms. Is there any relation between PCOD and bad odour. If so please suggest medication. Regards.
Runny nose is a condition when one’s nostrils keep on discharging a fluid. This happens due to congestion and inflammation of the linings of nasal passages and sinuses and is caused mostly by a viral infection known as common cold. Allergy or Sinus infection lead to the swelling of inner linings of nose and sinus. Inflammation caused by virus increases seepage of fluid from the blood vessels into the lining of the nose and also into the nose. This leads to swelling up of nose lining resulting into blockage of air flow and a runny nose.
One can refer to some safe and natural home remedies for runny nose that can give relief from this very uncomfortable condition and help expel the fluid comfortably. If one is experiencing other symptoms like a fever, cough, and or sore throat in addition to runny nose, then visit doctor to treat the underlying cause. Try to determine the reason for a runny nose as the causes of runny noses dictate the potential cure. If it is due to allergies then one can take antihistamine and if is due to cold/sickness then take steam and use decongestants. If it dues to clogging then blow nose and try and clear the irritant. Most of the times, it can be due to sleep deprivation.
- One must clean out nose regularly by blowing it through when the nose is runny. If one is not able to get the irritant out of your nostrils, try nasal irrigation product.
- Gently massage nose and area between eyes and earlobes to ease sinus pressure to slow down the flow of a runny nose. Apply light pressure to each nostril, closing and opening them slowly followed by rubbing above eyes and on ear lobes.
- Use steam to ease discomfort by reducing the mucus produced by runny noses. One can take a hot shower or bath, turn on a humidifier, or lean over a bowl of hot water.
- Try medication and supplements to further manage symptoms. There are a variety of prescription and over the counter medication to help manage runny nose. Nasal sprays, containing olopatadine, vapour rubs and topical decongestants, Magnesium and zinc supplements can help open up cells and nasal passageway.
- Apply pressure down ten times on the corner of the nose very gently to keep one’s nose from getting worse. This pressure point can help alleviate sinus congestion and headaches that are due to colds and allergies. The nose should be almost closed each time pressure is applied to the area. The same procedure needs to be done on the area just above
- Use salt water to flush out the nasal passages, freeing up mucus. One can either use a syringe or other product designed for nasal irrigation. Soak a hand towel in hot water and place it on the face to alleviate sinus pressure and open up the nasal passages.
- A supplement of Magnesium 400mg oral pills can help blood vessels dilate and restore blood vessel responsiveness in the mucous producing glands. Oral Zinc supplements of 15mg benefits intracellular pathways that cause secretions like mucous.
Foods to gain muscle mass
1. Lean beef
3. Whole grains
4. Whey protein
7. Cottage cheese
8. Skinless chicken
9. Healthy fat
11. Brown rice
14. Mixed nuts
15. Chocolate milk