Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. K.NatarajanYour feedback matters!
My father is diagnosed with Parkinson disease. I have added the medications which he was taking for almost 6 months. Now he is taking Syndopa plus, lonazep, excelon tablets. In spite of taking the tablets he seems to be having no improvement in his body. He feels dizziness, hands shivering, unexpected smiling etc through out the day. Can any of you suggest a good remedy for it. If taking or eating anything else will improve the condition then do suggest that also.
Ayurvedic Perspective of Migraine and its management
Migraine is one of the worst headaches a person can experience. It is described as a throbbing or pulsating pain that can be on one side of the head. It can begin in a specific area and then spread while it builds in intensity. A migraine is associated with nausea and vomiting. The person will also be sensitive to light, sounds and even certain smells. Sleeping can be difficult and many people become depressed. They can last for a couple of hours or for several days.
Therapies Generally Used.
External treatments along with the internal preparations are very effective in chronic conditions. Panchakarma helps to remove the accumulated toxins and help to strengthen the nerve system. Involvement of other systemic disorders is also taken into account before deciding the treatment protocols.
1. Thala pothichil : Various kinds of paste (grinded mixture of selected herbs in suitable liquid media ) over the forehead / entire head help for the sudden relief from the ache. The preparations help to normalize the hyper action of the nerve cells and regulates the blood circulation towards the brain
2. Thalam : Special herbal powders suitable to reduce the Dosha vitiation, are selected and mixed with suitable liquid media(oils/ghee) and this medicated herbal paste is applied lukewarm over the crown of head (Anatomically over the Bregma point on skull). (Dur 25-45min).
3. Shiro abhyanga : Head Massaging with Oils suitable for the Dosha vitiation, helps to increase the blood circulation towards brain and also helps to relax the spastic muscles on head. Special care is taken to massage the Marmas or the Vital points on head which have marvelous results.
4. Nasya : Nasya (application of herbal preparations through nostrils) is one of the treatments which directly acts on the nerves and removes the toxins accumulated in the sinuses. Mucus lining inside the nostrils are one of the areas where numerous nerve endings are exposed. The medicated oils applied through Nasya directly acts on these nerve endings and help to pacify Vata Dosha in disturbed nerves and control the abnormal impulses gernerated by these nerves. The special preparations used for Nasya drains the mucus deposited in the sinuses thereby the pressure in this area is relieved. The medicinal contents of the oils administered, stimulate the higher centers of brain which have actions on regulation of endocrine, nervous system and circulatory functions.
5. Shiro dhara : Shiro dhara with Takram (medicated butter milk) is also another important therapy which is used to control the vitiated vata kapha doshas localized head.(Dur 25-75min) Other Panchakarma treatments like Vasti (a course of medicated oil and decoction enemas), Virechana (purgation) also helps to put the toxins out from the body.
After the Panchakarma therapies, special preparations called Rasayana (immunoregulatory) is administered. Rasayana preparations improve the immune system further improving the perception of sense organs. Migraine due to other systemic involvement like psychological problems, digestive problems, blood pressure, ophthalmic problems, immune problem, improper menstruation, etc will be relieved when treated according to the specific treatment told for these diseases.
Hi I am a 26 years old male, I have been suffering from shortness of breathe for few years and I have tried many medicines prescribed by different doctors, done many tests but none of them worked. I also have insomnia which is killing me every night and i'm afraid that it might stay with me forever. I'm sure that I have difficulty in sleeping is because of my insomnia. So any advice would be appreciated.
Doctor please advise my wife Age 28 is suffering from migraine headache with photophobia n phonophobia past many years does it lead to depression n suicidal intention ? I'm concerned .
I have migraine from many years. I know there is no immediate remedy. But can you please suggest an idea where I can relieve a bit during head ache? Thanks in advance.
Hello sir I'm 25 years male suffering with nerves pain from head to bottom of my legs. Even I have the problem of migraine.
I am suffering from severe migraine from over 2 years. How to avoid migraine attacks and what should I have to avoid it.
I have numbness for left hand thumb right part. What are the causes. May I need to consult a doctor.
Hello Sir/Madam, My daughter is 5 and she has Epilepsy for 3 years. Her weight is 12.300 kilos and height is 96.5 cms. She was diagnosed with the west syndrome, firstly. Then, she was totally cured from it, before six months. But, it started again. Now, the doctor, a child neurologist, said that she has Symplectic Partial Seizure. We had done MRI scan once, which was normal. We had done EEGfor several times, which has never been normal. But, now, I am not going to have more tests on my daughter. So, I wish to seek a guidance for Ayurvedic Treatment. Indeed, we are taking Ayurvedic Medicines, from here. Yet, I wish to consult an Ayurveda Doctor. Please advise. Thank You!
Suffering from Myoclonic seizure with mental retardation since from her birth. Can I treatment of her as stem cell therapy (autologous bone marrow transplantation (
I have a severe migraine from many days, no tablets are able to control the pain, is there any good way to control it?
When my mom was young at the age of 20 she had an accident and had a brain surgery. And now she is 47 years old and she is suffering from memory loss and When she looses her memory she talks something senseless which does not have any link with our personal life. Please doctor help us is it urgent to admit her ?
I am a 32 years male. I have a pain in my left leg for last more than one year. Further there is frequent burning sensation in outer thigh and it feels that skin has strongly stuck in outer thigh and feels it is numb. Further there is sound in knee while standing up from sitting position. All above problems are in my left leg. What should I do. If I have to see doctor to whom I should go neuor, ortho, general or skin?
Hi. I am 61 years old. and I have recently started feeling numbness in my legs when I walk. What may be the reason? please help. I m a male.
If you are being treated for Parkinson's disease. How can you maximize the effect of Levodopa? The effect of levodopa can be maximized by increasing its absorption from the digestive system. In particular, taking levodopa on an empty stomach is very important.
- Take on an empty stomach: Do not eat anything 1 hour before taking levodopa. Do not eat anything for at least 30 minutes and if possible 1 hour after taking it. Take the pill with 2 glasses of water so that it can dissolve. If taking the levodopa on an empty stomach makes you nauseous, confirm that your medication has the right amount of carbidopa in relation to the levodopa (25%). If you continue to feel nauseous, you can eat a piece of white bread around the time that you take levodopa. Do not apply any butter, yogurt, cheese or similar high protein spreads. Protein can drastically decrease the absorption of levodopa.
- Get your constipation treated: This is critically important too. Being constipated can slow down the passage of levodopa through the digestive system. In most patients, drinking adequate water and taking stool softeners is helpful.
- Get your ulcer treated: It can be difficult to recognize that you have a gastric ulcer. However, if you have a burning sensation in your stomach at any time, or belch frequently, you may have a gastric ulcer. If you think you have an ulcer you should get tested (there is a simple breath test now) and treated with antibiotics (not antacids!)
- Do not take levodopa with iron tablets: The iron binds to levodopa and prevents its absorption. Keep a gap of at least two hours between these two medications.
- Try taking levodopa with orange juice and carbonated water (soda): Mix equal quantities of orange juice and carbonated water (soda). Take your regular levodopa with a glass of this preparation instead of water. The carbonated water hastens disintegration of the tablet, and the acidity of both things helps in levodopa absorption. There are special tablets of levodopa (dispersible levodopa, Madopar) which can be dissolved in this preparation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.