Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Nandhitha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K NandhithaYour feedback matters!
My age is 36.4 months now, am unmarried, planning to get married, I want to know that, will It be problematic to get pregnant at this age or can i conceive easily? and please tell me what precautions should i take to get conceive easily & quickly. Kindly help me to get out from this tension, because I am very much worried about it.Thanks.
I'm 30 years my problem is I'm suffering from white discharge problem with blood comes in that not to much little only but same times burning also but not much .please any medicine for this problem.
People who have good emotional health are aware of their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. They have learned healthy ways to cope with the stress and problems that are a normal part of life. They feel good about themselves and have healthy relationships.
However, many things that happen in life can disrupt your emotional health and lead to strong feelings of sadness, stress, or anxiety. Good changes can be just as stressful as bad changes. These things include:
- Being laid off from your job
- Having a child leave or return home
- Dealing with the death of a loved one
- Getting divorced or married
- Suffering an illness or an injury
- Getting a job promotion
- Experiencing money problems
- Moving to a new home
- Having a baby
What is the mind-body link?
You may already be familiar with phrases which describe the mind-body connection in day-to-day life such as something being a “pain in the neck” - it generally symbolises 'burden over mind'.
When we talk about mind, people usually understand it as a collection of thoughts, feelings, beliefs, attitudes, memories, past experiences and personality that make up a person’s internal world.
Mind vs Brain
In colloquial terms, the words mind and brain may be used interchangeably but, the two are in fact not the same. While the brain is a physical organ, the mind can be described a virtual entity present within each cell of our body and extended to minimum 2 inches outside the body. That is why mind controls the body as a collection of thoughts, emotions, imagination and memories. When compared to a computer, the brain acts as the hardware while the mind is the software within it.
Is it all in my head?
Experiencing happiness or sadness not only affects your frame but also affects your physical health. For example, indigestion is commonly triggered by stress and anxiety. On the other hand, physical ailments also affect an individual’s mental well-being. Do you know anyone who feels happy when they are sick? Thus, the mind and body share a deep, cyclic connection. To be physically healthy is it important to be psychologically healthy and vice versa.
Emotions manifest themselves on an individual’s body in a number of ways. This ranges from changes in internal body temperature and blood sugar levels to hormonal imbalances and altered brain chemistry. Happiness and joyous emotions have the ability to boost immunity, alleviate pain and relax muscles while sadness and anxiety can increase heart beats, tighten muscles and dilate blood vessels. Over time, it can also lower a person’s immunity and make them more susceptible to bacterial and viral infections. Anxiety and depression can keep a person from eating nutritious food and exercising and hence lower his or her overall health. Poor emotional health could also encourage the use of stimulants such as alcohol and drugs that cause weight fluctuation, insomnia, tiredness, weakened gut health, sexual problems etc.
How do your thoughts and feelings affect your health?
Your brain produces substances that can improve your health. These substances include endorphins, which are natural painkillers, and gamma globulin, which strengthens your immune system.
Research shows that what your brain produces depends in part on your thoughts, feelings, and expectations. If you're sick but you have hope and a positive attitude and you believe that you'll get better, your brain is likely to produce chemicals that will boost your body's healing power.
Negative thoughts and emotions can keep your brain from producing some of the chemicals that help your body heal. But this doesn't mean you should blame yourself for getting sick or feeling down about a health problem. Some illnesses are beyond your control. But your thoughts and state of mind are resources you can use to get better.
The mind-body link and your health
Some of the body’s systems are more affected by the mind-body link more than others. You may recognise some listed below:
- Digestive System Changes: It is common to experience an upset stomach (e.g. nausea, diarrhoea, bloating or pain) during times of stress. There are lots of nerve connections between the brain and the gut. In fact, the gut is sometimes called the ‘Little Brain’ for this reason.
- Skin Conditions: People with skin conditions, including eczema or psoriasis, notice that during stressful periods their symptoms can become worse and respond less well to conventional treatments.
- Heart Symptoms: Changes in the way the heart works are common in stressful or exciting circumstances. For example, stress or excitement can cause the heart to beat faster and raise blood pressure. These normal changes in heart rate and blood pressure as a result of stress can be concerning for people with or without heart conditions.
- Fatigue: Fatigue can also be affected by how we think and feel. For example, boredom can lead to feeling fatigued and sleepy whereas an unexpected piece of good news could give you a burst of energy. Fatigue can also be present as part of mood problems such as depression and anxiety. People who experience health problems may struggle with fatigue which is a combination of physical and emotional factors.
- Thinking Styles: How you think - your ‘thinking style’ - can affect how you feel emotionally and physically. Some common thinking styles make it seem very likely that something bad is going to happen. This can make you feel worried, sad or upset even though the thought is not true.
Below is a short list of some of the more common types of psychotherapy. Some therapy techniques have been scientifically tested on a large scale basis; while others are newer and often combined with more established psychotherapies.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
Using the mind-body link to help you manage your health
- Learning how to relax can help your mind and body. You can try different things until you find one that works for you. For example: Listen to relaxing music.
- Spend five minutes focusing on the rhythm of your breath.
- Try using prayer or meditation to relax.
- Imagine being in a peaceful scene, such as a beach or woodland. Notice what you can see, hear, touch, taste and smell.
- Try not to rush around during the day. Leave plenty of time for your planned activities.
- Talk to someone when you are feeling stressed, anxious or down you might not feel like doing anything.
Thankfully, like physical ailments, emotional ailments too can be treated.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
You must have heard about the indispensible use of the effective tea tree oil in so many Ayurvedic preparations. The oil is effective for many reasons, and the six common uses are as follows.
- Treating scars and wounds: Tea tree oil is effective in extremely small concentrations, and can cause miraculous effects. That is why only a small portion is enough to get promising results. When two drops of tea tree oil are combined with 15 drops of Jojoba oil, and this mixture is applied to the wounds, injuries and scars, they heal quickly and scars disappear faster.
- Treating breathing and respiratory problems: A lot of medical conditions, which may be caused by a bacteria or virus, can result in respiratory problems as a direct effect or side effect. In all such cases like cough and cold, flu, asthma, bronchitis, pharyngitis, tuberculosis etc., tea tree oil is highly effective and hence used in Ayurvedic medicines to loosen the mucous inside and expel it out. A direct massage on the chest by adding it with the other oils, or adding a few drops to warm water for inhaling vapour can help.
- Mind freshener and nerve treatment: Tea tree oil has found great usage in mind freshening and nervous disease treatments. That’s because of the soothing effect of the oil in boosting the mind and body. In fact, it is also used in fighting fatigue, tiredness, phobias, fear, stress etc. Therefore, a body massage with coconut oil and about five drops of tea tree oil added to it helps very much.
- Clearing lice and dandruff: These two are the major problems of hair and scalp, and both have a common remedy, which is the tea tree oil. The oil has microbial and fungicidal properties, which prove it to be a useful ingredient in the making of concoction and Ayurvedic medicines for dandruff and lice problems. The oil can directly be blended with hair oil or shampoo for great effects.
- Skin infections due to bacteria and fungus: Skin problems aggravated by fungus infection, bacteria etc. can be alleviated with application of tea tree oil. The antifungal properties of the oil helps fight worse conditions like athlete’s foot, jock itch etc. Equal proportions of tea tree oil and any other oil like coconut or almond oil can be applied on to the affected parts twice daily to clear off fungus and heal the skin.
- Immunity and resistance booster: Tea tree oil can be used for massages and rubs by mixing just two drops to any other base oil like coconut oil, for treating and preventing several skin and body conditions. These include bed sores, fungal infections, nappy and diaper rashes, cuts and wounds, insect bites, rashes and a lot more. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hello, I had sex with my wife on June 18. She's period on June 1st . Till date she not get pain for periods. How to confirm she is carrying or not please help.
EIF seen in left ventricle of the babies heart. She said it is a light marker. I am 31 year old, 5 month pregnant. What is this EIF and how it effects my child.
Hello. Im married. N its going to be 3 years on dis feb. I am having irregular periods bt frm last 3 months my periods wer regular. Bt dis tym I again missed my periods n its been almost 20 days up. I tested pregnancy thrice bt its negative al the tym. I hav thyroid. Bt its normal. Wt can be the reason fr dis. N can I plan my pregnancy nw? I mean b4 dis periods cum. Wt to do? please help me.
Hi. What are the possible side effects of taking pain killers for period time pain (I use it most of the time). Will it affect the child birth? Will it affect pregnancy?
My wife is 6 month pregnant and in her last sonography came to know that amniotic fluid level is 6.5.All the other things are normal like kidney function of baby, bp of mother and foetal weight is 226gm. How much risk is this condition? How we can increase amniotic fluid? How it may affect for baby?
I have been married for four months. Trying to conceive. Please advice me what should I do after having sex? Can I move and wash? How many hours should I take rest? Can I do all works next day? I had sex at night next day morning when I do some work like washing clothes I can find some water in my vagina. Is that means all sperm came out?
I am 26 years old and from past one year getting pain below my left breast while having food or drinking and from past one week a little bit like small pieces I am getting bleed from my left nose I am really worried about this can you please suggest me I am very much scared to tell about this things to my family.
I am trying to convince due to dryness doctored has given me lubic and vh3 will it effect the pregnancy.
I had my c sec delivery 10 months ago. I got my periods after 5 months of my delivery. But since then I am running on irregular cycles. It gets delayed by at least 1 and a half month. I had a history of irregular periods even before my pregnancy. Had taken some medicines at that point of time to make them regular.
I am 40 mother of two 12 and 8 years. I have thyroid at 5.5 since from 7 months. I din get my periods since 4 months. I am bleeding since from a month I do get clots please suggest.
My Wife is pregnant but in ultrasound report doctor says that baby is wrapped by cord around the neck. Now she is saying that my wife needs operation to deliver the baby. I would request you doctors please help me if there is a way to make it normal delivery. Its very serious for me.
Hello doctor. She has a fibroid in breast. Examined it by a gynecologist. It is only common fibroid. Doctor said no problem. Can she cure it without surgery?
Hello. I want to know that is there any chances of getting pregnant without intercourse & by daily doing oral sex.
Low libido in men has become a serious concern nowadays as is evident from the increased demand for male infertility medicines in the market. These modern medicines focus on suppressing the symptoms of the problem rather than cure the root cause of the problem. Ayurveda can help you get a deeper understanding of these issues regarding male health and also provide a permanent cure with herbs and proper diet guidelines.
Low libido can lead to infertility and hamper your relationship. Male infertility is the end result of a poor diet that overuses bitter, salty, sour and spicy ingredients, emotional pressure, aging, improper fasting, suppressing urges, excessive exercising, and genetic factors. General stress and worrying in life might cause lack of interest in spending time with your partner. Ayurveda provides herbal remedy for male infertility and brings back the happiness and closeness in your relationship. Herbs have the power to treat male weaknesses at their root and help in faster recovery.
This is the most popular herb that is used in the Ayurvedic treatment for male infertility. It has the ability to cure the ailments of the reproductive system. It has an abundance of folate which metabolises protein faster. It contains lots of iron of vitamin E; both of these nutrients are beneficial for the good physical health of males. It directly raises the testosterone levels. Consuming this herb will elevate the youth hormones in your body and rejuvenate your reproductive system to remove any weakness and debilities. Increase the consumption of green vegetables with consumption of the asparagus herb to eliminate your troubles faster by improving the flow of blood and enhance the supply of nutrients.
Shilajit is a very powerful herb that provides long-lasting energy, vitality, and stamina. It improves the hormonal secretions and promotes the release of growth hormones in proper regulation. Optimum availability of such hormones helps in keeping males active, energised and fit. It also promotes longevity and slows down the aging process. Shilajit is known for its anti-aging properties. It is loaded with antioxidants which are good for reducing the damage of cells and tissues. It supplements about 85 different kinds of nutrients in the form of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and proteins. Shilajit strengthens the bones, speeds up tissue generation and balances the flow of energy all over the body. This herb is a powerful aphrodisiac that raises the sperm count and greatly recovers male fertility. It not only improves the libido but provides all-around strength.
3. Ras Sindoor
Ras Sindoor is another important herb that can treat sexual weakness in men and improve vitality and strength. This herb is a source of many mineral and bioactive nutrients. It is a natural remedy formale libido weakness. It cures general debility and low energy levels which slow the functioning process of the body. It is a powerful cleanser of the blood. The nutrients in this herb cleanse the blood of harmful compounds and traces of pollutants and metals. Ras Sindoor is used in many supplements for its ability to increase power and stamina in males.
4. Abhrak Bhasma
Abhrak Bhasma is highly beneficial herb to increase the rate of tissue generation in the male body. It is one of the best herbs for the treatment of male infertility. It protects the body from illnesses and helps in the faster recovery from weaknesses. It promotes the growth of T cells and phagocytes which are good for a healthy immune system. This herb helps in reversing the damage done by wrong practices earlier that had a negative impact on the male genitals and caused weaknesses. The Abhrak Bhasma should be used by males to gain healthy tissues and organs.
All these herbs provide an effective herbal remedy for male infertility and give rise to the male libido. Ayurvedic medicines are beneficial for the human body as it has no side-effects and provides permanent cures to all kinds of physical weaknesses.
Ath Ayurdhamah is dedicated to restoring and maintaining the lost balance between physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health, through the understanding and practice of age-old systems of Ayurveda and Yoga. Our strength lies in understanding the body and its performance at constitutional level and that is what we apply to our Remedies.