Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. K NandhithaYour feedback matters!
My wife's breasts are very loose so what is the procedure to recondition of breasts. My wife's age is now 24.
Last month after getting intimate she took a contraceptive name unwanted 72 and she had menz but this month she is not having periods she had 2 tests and the result was negative wot shall she do ? Will she go for a lab test?
While some people see tears as a sign of weakness, for others crying is a crucial way of dealing with grief. Though as children we’re told not to cry and to ‘keep a hold’ of our emotions, letting go of a few tears can help alleviate grief and emotional distress.
Here are a few reasons crying could be a good idea when dealing with loss.
- Crying can stimulate the release of endorphins: Crying cleanses the mind of negative emotions and allows you to express your emotions. Crying can be described as a reaction to pain and in order to control pain, the body releases endorphins. Endorphins are also known as happy hormones as they block the transmission of pain signals and create a sense of contentment. These chemicals can take a little time to have an effect and hence in most cases, you will notice an improvement in your mood after a good cry.
- Crying elevates the mood: Crying can help reduce your body’s manganese levels. A higher than normal manganese level can heighten anxiety, irritability, tiredness and emotional disturbances. By lowering manganese levels, the brain is left with enough space for happier emotions and hence crying can help elevate a person’s mood.
- Crying stimulates the body’s parasympathetic nervous system: The parasympathetic nervous system controls a number of functions including heart rate. Crying can stimulate this system and trigger a state of relaxation. For this reason, you may feel sleepy after crying. This gives your body time to relax and deal with the problem at hand with a calmer mind.
- Crying helps deal with stress: A stressful experience or emotional situation can cause a build-up of stress hormones known as cortisol. As the levels of cortisol increase in the body, it goes into flight or fight mode as an automatic response to stress. Crying reduces the cortisol levels and helps relieve tension and stress almost immediately.
- Crying is cathartic: Every day we are exposed to conflicts and stressful situations that can build up into resentments and leave a person feeling anxious and depressed. Sometimes, giving vent to emotions and crying can help release these pent-up feeling and heap cleanse the mind of these negative emotions. Crying also allows us to open ourselves up to the people around and can improve the levels of intimacy between them. In this way, it can help a person become part of a community. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hello Sir, can you please tell me whether having frequent sex or having sex with multiple partners loosens the vagina of a woman? Does sex before marriage creates any problem after marriage for a woman?
Hi doc, good morning I have unprotected sex on 10th May at 12pm she has period date on 20th every month and I didn't cum inside her, I have ejaculated with my hands in an tub, when I seen her vagina I can find a white substance around her vagina am tensed that is der any chance of getting pregnancy, is der any chance that a man can ejaculate two times at the time of sex, am bothered about the pregnancy is der any chance of getting pregnancy am sure that I didn't cum inside her, if possible can I Give her an ipill please help me out doc has soon as possible am getting tensed.
I am 24 year. 3 months back mera miscarriage ho gya tha so I want to know that k can I conceive now?
Hai doc, my name is swathi, 3 months ago I had miscarriage but that don't affect my regular periods last two months it was normal but this month my periods got delayed and I only had bleeding on the 1st day of my chums and 6th & 7th day I had spotting? Is there any chances that I am pregnant? Is there even chances to get conceive during periods and does it effect baby? I mean abnormalities as such?
Diet is an important part of any person's life as food that goes in your body is what replenishes the resources lost in a day's work. The wrong kind of food will have adverse effects on the body in all sorts of ways, and that holds especially true for nursing mothers.
A mother, after carrying a baby to a full term, has to go through many hormonal and physical changes, which can be very stressful. After childbirth comes one of the other most important phases i.e. nursing and it is important to ensure that the mother gets proper nutrition during this phase. This is because it is the mother's milk that provides the baby with the required nutrients for growth as well as to build and immune system, which is why it is very important for a nursing mother to have a proper diet.
Let's look at some of the food items that should be consumed during this time:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables - These are important during the nursing period for the mother as she needs to supplement important minerals in her body such as calcium and iron. Green, leafy vegetables are a must.
- Dairy products low in fat - As the mother's body produces milk, certain minerals get drained quicker than others and a direct supplement for them would be dairy products. However, it is important to ensure that their fat content is low as this can add cholesterol and thus, may adversely affect the health of the mother.
- Lean meats - Lean meats are a great source of protein that can supplement many of the minerals and nutrients. However, rich meat-based foods and heavy red meat should be avoided. Chicken in roasted form or tikka form is also healthy proteins that can be consumed 2 - 3 times a week. Fish, especially Salmon fish, is also a healthy and rich source of omega-3 as well as high in protein.
- Legumes - Legumes are a great source of iron, which is an extremely important mineral for a nursing mother. This is also an alternative for vegetarians. Legumes are not only a rich source of iron, they are also high in protein and helps the mother to stay fit and energetic to be able to take on the additional responsibility of her new-born baby.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
During pregnancy, it is essential to have a wholesome nutrition to ensure the growing baby receives a wholesome nutrition too. Extremely essential are some minerals and vitamins which have a significant role in the development of the baby. The skeletal development, for instance, is one such crucial event, and the onus is on the mother to ensure the required ingredients in the required quantity are reaching the growing fetus.
Read on to know the importance of vitamin D during the pregnancy period.
Why is it important: With the skeletal development in place, the baby’s teeth and bones begin to take shape. Both these are highly matrix-driven structures and require a good amount of calcium and phosphorus. Vitamin D is essential to maintain good amounts of calcium and phosphorus in the body.
Complications: Insufficient amounts of vitamin D can produce a range of symptoms from absolutely no issues to severe bone malformations. If not sufficient, the bones and teeth could become hypomineralized and weak leading to fractures, brittle bones, and rickets in newborn children. There are also reported incidents of low birth weight, preterm birth, and higher risks during pregnancy, but these need to be proven yet.
Sources: Top 10 Vitamin D Rich Foods- Sunlight, Cod liver oil, Sardines, Salmon, Mackerel, Tuna, Raw Milk, Caviar, Eggs and Mushrooms.
Risk factors for vitamin D deficiency: People with darker skin, obesity, and fat malabsorption conditions are more prone to develop vitamin D deficiency. With the importance of vitamin D and its role in skeletal development well established, ensure you get the right amounts of it, whatever be the source.
What you see and feel depends on the type of psoriasis you have. You may have just a few of the signs and symptoms listed below, or you may have many
-small, red spots (usually on the trunk, arms, and legs but can appear on the scalp, face, and ears).
-spots can show up all over the skin.
-spots often appear after an illness, especially strep throat.
-spots may clear up in a few weeks or months without treatment.
-spots may appear where the person had plaque psoriasis.