Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K. MurugesanYour feedback matters!
Mild to severe tooth pain can turn out to be debilitating and damaging condition if it is persistent. Also, the pain can spread to the rest of the head and give you an uncomfortable ache and tingling sensation all day long. So what are the causes behind tooth pain? Here's our list!
- Tooth Decay: The presence of food debris that has not been cleaned out can stay on and cause cavities and persistent tooth pain. This condition can also make the teeth extra sensitive and pain then emanates as a natural response to signify that all is not well in the area. This can also lead to sharp pain when bite an apple or munch on nuts. One must see a dentist for this kind of pain so that scaling and plaque removal can take place.
- Injury: If there is persistent, throbbing pain after eating something that is too hot or too cold, then it might be more than mere tooth sensitivity. This condition could also point at chipped, broken or cracked teeth due to excessive teeth grinding or a fall or accident. It could also be caused due to sports injury. The dentist will usually take a dental X ray to find the cause of the pain and to unravel the extent of the damage as well.
- Inflammation: Constant pain may also point at inflammation of the pulp. This may be caused due to damaged roots. If this kind of inflammation comes with bleeding and fever, then you must see a dentist immediately. It can also mean that the pulp or root of the tooth is dying, in which case a root canal may be required.
- Sinus: A dull ache in the sinus area of the upper teeth usually point at sinusitis, which is a condition that emanates due to pain in the nerves of that area. This pain can also happen due to cold and cough as well as an allergic attack that affect the facial muscles due to excessive sneezing and watering of the eyes. Also, a flu and fever can lead to this kind of pain.
- Infection: Inflammation along with fever and bleeding can also point at infection. This can render the complete pulp tissue damaged. Also, the growth of abscess in such cases can cause acute tooth pain. The dentist will usually diagnose the issue with a tooth X ray before prescribing antibiotics and carrying out a root canal for severe cases.
Persistent toothache with other symptoms should always be checked by a dentist so as to rule out long term damage that can result in tooth loss.
Hi I am 24 year old girl I am experiencing aa weird situation, 4 teeth are growing in back of my gums and it is really painful what should I do please suggest.
How to change yellow colour on teeth? How to cure colour blindness please advise a valuable information?
She was taken to a dentist. He took X-Ray and asked to undergo Flap surgery with bone enhancement. Is it necessary? Which dental hospital charges the least for this in Kakinada or Rajahmundry or Hyderabad.
My tongue getting dry and white coated In the morning tongue totally dry and in tongue lots of cough and it's got dry and yellows colours pls help me.
My mother has severe tooth problem. The chewing teeth of her become yellow and she felt problem when chewing food. What should she do?
I am 24 years old recently I got endoscopy checkup reports came I have Erosive Gastropathy I using medicines from since one month last few days from in morning times while splitting or in flum small light blood come out from my mouth light throat and chest pain any suggestion.
Hi sir I am suffered one problem. My mouth under tounge and teeth skin. There is small red dots. So more problem to eat and drink. Please tell me what I do.
Always wear a full-face helmet or a mouth guard while playing sports. It will protect your mouth from any unnecessary injury.