Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. K MoridhYour feedback matters!
Respected Doctor, We did unprotected sex in periods n after sex there was bleeding for next one n half day. Is there any chance of pregnancy or not. please suggest n explain.
Do it yourself (DIY) are the simple test and procedures that enables you to know the probability of getting a particular disease condition. You can say the test itself a life saving technique and act like a warning signal. In series of posts I will tell you how to test for a particular condition by your own.
1) DIY for cardiovascular disease
"Simple sit and reach test is a good predictor of arterial flexibility"
DIY test for stiff arteries:
A) sit on the floor with your leg straight
B) Your toes should point towards the ceiling
C) Bend from your hips, stretch your arm and try to touch the toes
D) Inability to perform the activity is an indicator that you may have stiff arteries which are the reason of many cardiovascular diseases
Obesity has emerged as one of the most common and serious health problems today, affecting all and sundry. Children, in particular; are the worst affected. Obesity is an amalgamation of sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits and certain medical conditions. If neglected, it can create havoc. Diabetes, high blood pressure and hypertension are some of the major health complications that obesity can lead to. Thus, one needs to control and check this menace at the earliest. Maintaining a healthy body weight is the best way to control obesity. Many surgical and non surgical options are available to lose weight. Weight loss the Ayurvedic way is not only effective, but 100% natural.
Ayurvedic tips for weight loss
The following Ayurvedic tips, if practiced diligently, can give you a lot to cheer about. For an effective treatment, one needs to understand their body type well. Ayurveda classifies people in two categories. People of the Vata Type (more of ember and air in their system), those who can eat like a glutton and yet have a figure to die for. On the contrary, people having more of earth and water in their system (Kapha Types) can put on weight at the drop of a hat.
- Exercise your way to fitness: The benefits of exercise are immense. Start your day with a 30-45 minute exercise to feel the difference. Jogging or brisk walking will be very beneficial. It will give you the extra zeal to fight the unwanted fats in your system.
- Yoga and pranayams: Our body is made up of seven chakras. Proper activation and functioning of the chakras are important to enjoy sound health. Yoga and pranayams are instrumental in activating these chakras. Meditation also rejuvenates a person mentally and physically. A sound mind and body positively responds to the various Ayurvedic weight loss programmes.
- Healthy Sleeping Habits: Early to bed and early to rise can indeed make a person, healthy, wealthy and wise. People with unhealthy sleeping habits are more likely to be obese. Work is important, but not at the expense of one's health. A 10.30 pm-4.30 am sleep schedule is highly recommended.
- Eat healthy: Unhealthy eating habits contribute significantly to obesity. It should be noted that starving will do you more harm than good. A healthy practice is to have small meals at regular intervals. Do not keep your stomach empty. Reduce the carbohydrate and fat intake. Include lots of vegetables, fruits, lean fish, and low fat dairy products in your diet. Ayurvedic medicines like, Triphala churan, guggulu, Triushanaadi loha, shilajit, swarnmakshik bhasm and Medhohar guggul are very effective. However, these medicines should be taken under medical supervisions.
- Avoid sedentary lifestyle: Try and avoid a sedentary lifestyle as much as possible. If your work requires you to sit for a long period of time, a short break every one hour can prove to be beneficial.
Ayurveda goes a long way to keep obesity and the associated health complications at bay.
Hello sir, I am 27 years female completed prod course but i am getting period on 40 day is there any problem to conceive i am doing walking and diet controlled my weight is 65 and height is 5'2" is there any problem in conceiving what should I do to have a normal pregnancy please help me.
Conventional medicine treats pain with the help of medications; by either blocking the transmission of pain signals in the body or by correcting the underlying problems caused by the pain in the first place. However, traditional and alternative forms of medicine such as acupuncture manage pain issues within the body through the means of redirecting disrupted energy flows. One of the very few forms of alternative treatments used in conjunction with conventional treatments, acupuncture is seen as a mercurial rise in popularity in the past few decades.
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture dates back to ancient China, about 2500 years ago. It has been widely practiced there for a number of millennia, not only pain relief, but also for treating many ailments. Acupuncture isn’t just considered a form of therapy, but a holistic form of medicine. Acupuncture works on the principle of the flow of energy within the body, also known as ‘Qi’, in traditional Chinese medicine. Acupuncture strives to correct the disruptions in ‘Qi’ that may cause pain by manipulating over 2000 of the specific pressure points within the body with the help of specially created needles.
Where is acupuncture effective?
Acupuncture is very effective in treating a host of ailments, especially in relieving the associated pain. Some of the areas where acupuncture has proven its effectiveness are:
1. Treating nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy treatment for cancer patients
2. Very useful in treating post-operative pain caused due to dental procedures
3. Rehabilitating patients who have suffered strokes
4. Fibromyalgia (musculo-skeletal pain with fatigue accompanied by sleep and memory issues)
5. Effective in combating withdrawal symptoms caused due to addiction
6. Pain from menstrual cramps
7. Tennis elbow
8. Osteoarthritis (a type of arthritis caused due to the erosion of tissues present at the ends of one’s bones)
9. Pain of the lower vertebrae within the spinal column
How does acupuncture work within the body?
According to modern medicine, the specific pressure points utilized by acupuncture within the body help in releasing chemicals that can block or at least reduce pain. It encourages the flow of chemicals from the brain, which act as nerve and pain blockers. It also helps stimulate the muscles and nerve endings, which can lessen inflammation and thus help in reducing pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an acupuncturist.
Hi, I am 45 years old female. After intercourse there is lot of pain in my thighs. What is the reason and remedy. And during my periods headache is there.
I m suffering from black and brown discharge from my vagina since 3 to 4 months approximately. What can I do. What is the reason of it?
I am 18 years old and I am releasing squirt unnecessarily without any intimation or without any feelings. could you tell me is this is natural or is this a problem? Why girls squirt unnecessarily?
1.How to avoid pregnancy without using any peels woman r man? 2.Is it right way to avoid pregnancy before sperm comes it take out? 3. If doing sex while having monthly periods of woman is it any harm for man.
Hi doctor I am missed my periods 2 month I am pregnant is doubt .but not for this baby in family situation so kindly request verify consult me please.
I am male 42 wife 34, when having intercourse she get instantly felling to go to urinate. I want what is the symptom? Is this any disease or any kind of weakness?
Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health
Smoking, in general, has a negative effect on the human body. It can cause a host of disorders such as mouth cancer, blood pressure problems, and lung cancer. Smoking affects the sexual performance of both men and women.
Here are some effects that smoking has on sex :-
1. Impotence: Smoking can damage the blood vessels that lead to erectile dysfunction (a condition where the penis cannot sustain an erection).
2. Decrease in libido: Smoking can cause various physical problems such as stamina reduction and lack of desire for sex. An individual who smokes won't be able to give an optimal sexual performance and this can further lower satisfaction levels.
3. Erectile dysfunction: Smoking can cause problems related to the circulation of the blood in the body. It can narrow the arteries that supply blood and this is directly linked with erectile dysfunction.
4. Tissue damage: Smoking can damage the tissues inside the penis thus impairing your ability to have an erection during sexual intercourse.
5. Early onset of menopause: It can affect the estrogen (a sex hormone) levels in the female body; so, women who smoke tend to reach menopause early.
6. Reduction in penis size: It can reduce the penis size in men by damaging the blood vessels and the structure of the tissue around the penis. This is more common in younger men.
7. Reduction in stamina: Smoking can cause a reduction in the stamina, thus a person will not be able to perform well sexually. It can lead to fatigue and tiredness during sex.
Of course, there are a lot of therapies which can help you recover from the damage already happened because of smoking and prevent further damage.
Related Tip: Smoking and Its Effect on Teeth