Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K. Mohan Raj
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. K. Mohan RajYour feedback matters!
Last sunday while playing cricket my leg got twisted and in mri it came almost full acl tear and bucket handle tear of medial meniscus. I have consulted few Doctors and some have suggested surgery and some have said surgery is not require. I am unable to straighten my right knee but since last week it has improve and its not paining that much. Should I undergo surgery or not. Please help me.
I constantly feel tired, sleepy and sort of like have body ache in the morning as soon as I wake up. I also have pain in my knees and feet, backpain and low energy levels. What could it be?
I am 24 I have back pain problem l4 l5 bludge due to gym .I do hand job twice or thrice a week now back pain increased .it will affect my marriage life how I should come out from that, I not married at now.
My mother is suffering from ankle ache since six months. Doctors advices her for injection but some doctors are saying not to take injections. She is also having regular physiotherapy, but there is no relief. What to do? Please help me.
I have just turned 46 a thyroid patient from 10-11 years sometimes having back pain but recently feeling very lethargic and one point pain in my both knees after doing my blood tests my blood sugar level is little high at random it was 196 and after a few years it is 164 now. What should I do. I dont wanna come on medication is there any other remedy for this too. Kindly suggest me the diet to. Thank you.
Hi Dr. I am an computer engineering student. I have back pain. How to reduce that pain. Also neck pain. Sir. How to reduce the belly. Please I want your advice. Please help me.
I am 19 years old and my weight is 40 kg. Each time my periods are very painful. Last time also the pain was unbearable. I took 3 pain killers on a single day from morning to night but it didn't became low. It feels like the muscles of abdomen are contracting from inside. Also there is more than usual bleeding sometimes. I am unable even to eat properly. The pain in abdomen is accompanied by pain in leg muscles and back portion especially on left side. I feel dizzy and fainting. This all happen severy time. Why is this so?
The core muscles, mainly concentrated around the abdomen, hips, lower back, trunk, and glutes, are indeed a powerhouse that gets you going. The stronger the core muscles, the fitter you stay. Without a proper core strength, a lot of the day to day activities including lifting or bending gets affected. Certain health conditions can weaken the core muscles. But how to know if the core muscles are weak? There are many signs and symptoms associated with weak core muscles.
Mentioned below are some important signs that may be an indication of weak core muscles.
- For your posture to be correct, the spine and pelvis need to be stable: The muscles of the lower back and the abdomen does exactly that, ensuring a steady and correct posture. However, when the core muscles weaken, they are unable to provide stability to the spine and the pelvis resulting in a poor posture. Left unattended, poor posture, in turn, can trigger a myriad of complications and discomfort.
- The body loses its balance: As already mentioned, the core muscles go a long way in stabilizing the body and helping you to maintain the body balance. You can perform a small test to know if your balance is affected. Close your eyes and stand on one foot. Repeat the procedure with the other foot as well. If you have a developed core, you will be able to hold the position for at least 10 seconds, if not more (both the legs).
- A pain concentrated to the lower back: Do not ignore a lower back pain. It could be an indication of your core muscles not being strong enough, especially the ones adjacent to the spine. The weak muscles fail to provide the necessary support to the discs and the vertebrae resulting in pain (mild to severe depending on the severity of the condition) and discomfort. Timely medical intervention may help improve the condition.
- Weakness throughout the body: The strong core muscles are an indication of a healthy and fit body. When the muscles start to lose its strength, the entire body gets affected. A person finds it difficult to even lift things. Doing even a small and regular work leaves a person weak and tired.
- You can also perform the Hollowing Test to check your core strength: Sit in a comfortable position. Starting breathing in and out. As you breathe out or exhale, try to pull your stomach inwards towards the spine for at least 10 seconds. Unable to pass this test (can't hold the position for 10 seconds) indicates weak core muscles.
- You can also try the plank test: Get yourself in a push-up position with the entire body resting on your elbows, arms, and toes. The hip should be level and steady. Failing to stay in this position for 50 seconds is indicative of weak core muscles.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!