Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.M. Ganapathy
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. K.M. GanapathyYour feedback matters!
I have a desk job so my backbone pains a lot and I have problem in looking can you plzz suggest me a medicine.
My father (53), has got foot drop in his right leg after multiple episodes of DVT in 2014, since then his clots are all dissolved and only thing is the weakness in the leg and the foot drop. There has been some improvement due to TENs physiotherapy but the Neurologist has told now to do a few exercises on a daily basis at home. He can walk now but running is a far away dream. This breaks my heart as my father used to go for jogging and drive his car but now can do none of them. What are the treatment for such cases?
Hi I am 22 years old and now I have pain in my left arm I dobt know why but it is from 10 days. I tried all things. Help.
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is more prevalent among women (in the age group between 25 - 60 years) than men. The condition often results in muscular and joint pain along with extreme tiredness. Further, there may be severe headaches, body stiffness, insomnia or sleeping disorders, high sensitivity to extreme temperatures, abdominal pain, Irritable bowel syndrome and also Fibro Fog ( a condition triggered by Fibromyalgia, whereby an individual is unable to concentrate on anything). In some, the condition can trigger severe anxiety, stress, and depression.
While discussing Fibromyalgia, it is important to mention about the Tender Points or Trigger Points. These are delicate points and areas located throughout the body where even a gentle tap or pressure is enough to cause pain. Some of these trigger points in Fibromyalgia include:
- upper chest.
- back of the head.
- top of shoulders.
- outer elbows.
Some of the common factors that play a significant role in triggering Fibromyalgia are
- Stress and Trauma: Fibromyalgia may be an outcome of extreme physical, mental and emotional turmoil (which often creates a hormonal imbalance) or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Fibromyalgia may be linked to genetics and hereditary. People with a family history of Fibromyalgia are more susceptible to the painful condition.
- In some individuals, an autoimmune disorder such as Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis can also be a contributing factor resulting in Fibromyalgia.
Acupressure to treat Fibromyalgia
People often opt for Alternative Therapy to treat Fibromyalgia. Individuals with Fibromyalgia benefit immensely from Acupressure. Acupressure is a popular alternative therapy that finds its origin in China. It channelizes upon the use of pressure at certain points in the body to ease the pain. Some of the acupressure points that are often used to relieve the pain, especially related to the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, in Fibromyalgia include:
- Stomach 36 (ST 36): ST 36 holds great significance in providing a soothing and calming effect in people with extreme stress and anxiety (one of the critical symptoms associated with Fibromyalgia). ST 36 is located in the depression of the tibia (lateral side), at a distance of about four fingers downwards from the patella or the knee. Gently and slowly massaging the point for 3-4 minutes is said to provide great relief.
- Ren 17: Another acupressure point that goes a long way to lower the anxiety and physical stress is Ren 17 or the chest center. This acupressure point is the middle of the chest (anterior midline), at the fourth intercostal space from the second rib downwards.
- Ear Shen Men: The Ear Shen Men is an important acupressure point in the triangular fossa, at the upper region of the ear. People with physical and emotional stress benefit from this acupressure point.
- Pericardium 6: The Pericardium 6 is in the mid arm region (lower and inner part of the arm) between the two tendons at a distance of four fingers from the wrist crease. In addition to a great soothing effect, Pericardium 6 is beneficial for people with nausea.
- Yintang: Nothing works more like the Yintang to relieve stress and anxiety. The acupressure point in between the eyes at the eyebrow level. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.