Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.Kanagasarathy
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. K.KanagasarathyYour feedback matters!
I feel pain in my leg when I start cycling in park or when I start walking in park or when I eat some thing and pain in stomach.
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. From 1 year I used to have numbness and tingling in whole body. Bone and muscle pain in whole body. High bp 150/100. Excessive hair growth. My testicle isze is reduced so much .they are now 2 cm each in length and thin like almonds. I too have abdominal pain .no gastric problem. And left half head pain from backside. .my neck xray shows C2 and C3 segmentation in complete. And vitamin b12 is 185 ng/ml. reference range is 180 to 900. Where is the problem. My tingling is increasing day by day. I feel very unusual due to tingling.
Gap between two bones reduced in my left knee leading intolerable pain while walking and sometimes sitting also.Xray shown OA changes. Remedy please ?
I have been diagnosed with SI joint pain. I already have slip disc, and have undergone 2 surgeries for my left foot for thrimalleaur fracture. How to manage all this and have a pain free life. Also, what is the treat meant for SI joint pain when it gets trigger.
My wife is 48 years old, diabetic and had minor hear attack in 2008 December. She is taking medicines as per the diabetologist. Of late she has immense burning sensation in her feet and she keeps ice to cool it. She is using Deep Senz (Eris company) as advised, but not much relief in her legs from burning sensations. Please advise what has to be done now as she becomes restless and can not walk/stand.
I am 21 year old man and have backache for 2 month I have depressed for couple of days .what should I need now?
I'm 21 year old. I have swelling in left cheek under ear. Day before yesterday in evening i had little pain and yesterday morning got swelled this area. I went to doctor today and he prescribed me the following medicines Linospan 600 Zerodol-sp Osteocid (rabeprazole sodium ec capsules) Are these medicines are good or i should go to better doctor? Please suggest.
I walk 6 km everyday. But recently developed a knee pain _ left knee and can hardly walk. There is no other complications but paining around the knee while walking only. Kindly suggest.
Arthritis is a joint disorder featuring inflammation. A joint is an area of the body where two different bones meet. A joint in the body functions to move the body parts connected by its bones. Arthritis literally means inflammation of one or more joints.
Arthritis is frequently accompanied by joint pain. Joint pain is referred to as arthralgia. When four or more joints are involved, the arthritis is referred to as polyarthritis. When two or three joints are involved, it is referred to as oligoarthritis. When only a single joint is involved, it is referred to as monoarthritis.
Cause of arthritis
It is difficult to narrow down a single cause for it, but a combination of reasons may trigger this disease.
- Injury: A hurtful injury can cause your joint to get inflamed and may also damage the tissue around it leading to arthritis.
- Heredity factors: In many cases, the genetic make-up of an individual can also cause this.
- Diet and nutrition: Sometimes, consuming the wrong diet can cause your joint to either fall weak or affect the tissue around it. For example, sugar-rich foods are not good for your joints
- Less cartilage: Cartilage is a firm but flexible connective tissue in your joints. It protects the joints by absorbing the pressure and shock created when you move and put stress on them. A reduction in the normal amount of this cartilage tissue cause some forms of arthritis.
Symptoms of arthritis
Most common signs on the onset of this disease are stiffness, redness of the skin around a joint, pain due to inflammation, it might also affect your immune system causing a loss appetite if the disease is because of your immune system.
How can Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda can work wonders for this disease since a right combination of nourishing herbs and stable yoga postures improve your joint health for a longer time. Since the treatment is totally organic, the calcium absorption of your body is increased naturally without any side effects. Even Ayurvedic oils work well for joint pain and give you quick relief. If you have been to able to find the right treatment then Ayurveda is for you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 40 years and having ankylosis 15-20 years back. Taking no medicine & no problem in day to day activities. I have a restricted movement in neck & spine. Can some massage treatment (with some oils) can help to recover movement (spine bones that are fused)
My mother has trouble with her knees. She is 85 years of age height 5 feet, 95 kgs weight. She is not hypertensive nor diabetic. She is asthmatic. How can we get her walking?
This question is for my mother. She is 58 years old diabetic. She have knee pain problem since last 10 yrs. We have tried allopathic, homeopathic and herbal medicine treatment also but so far no use. In time of summer she can walk but not more but in summer time she is not even to walk properly because of severe knee pain. Because of pain she can not move her knees. Is there any proper and permanent solution for it.
I am having pain in my hand since 2 weeks, and I have being eating pain killers but there is no relief. Please suggest me the right way.
age 24 Yrs last one week exactly last sunday one Dog has bite to left leg just below (Back side) knee point it is very small size around 0.03 mm. Now what type of food I have to taken, can take non-veg items.
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone joints, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA: The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time.
In most people with OA, the options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction.
However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen.
With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling ,and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones.
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better.
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Some of the popular homeopathic medications based on areas and associated symptoms are listed below:
- Bryonia Alba: Pain worsened with movement, relieved with rest; associated with swelling and stiffness of the joints; difficulty in climbing stairs.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Swelling and pain that is worsened when getting up from a seated position. The joints feel cold and painful.
- Sulphur: Worse with climbing stairs, prolonged standing, feeling of warmth in the knees.
- Colcynthis: Cramping pain improved by pressure.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: Pain when getting up from a seated position.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans: Associated with muscle stiffness and cramping.
- Antimonium Crudum: The pain pain gets worse in cold weather, improved by applying something warm)
- Benzoic Acid: There is an associated crackling sound when the fingers are moved or if there are nodes in the area of joints. . The urine is highly offensive in these people.
- Calcara Fluorica: There are stony hard nodes formed in the joint area, greatly reducing the mobility.
These medications are safe, completely natural, do not induce habit formation, and are approved by FDA. They don't just treat the symptoms but help manage the patient as a whole. This justifies why homeopathy is definitely a good option in treating osteoarthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.