Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Jayanthi
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Heart Attack
Treatment of Syncope
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Irregular Heartbeat
Treatment of Hole in the Heart
Treatment of Heart Specialist
Treatment of Angina
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
Treatment of Left Chest Pain
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension
Submit a review for Dr. K JayanthiYour feedback matters!
My BP suddenly going up at night only palpitation suddenly stars at night only Very uncomfortable feel.
Platelet count is low 120000. Also facing chest pain in right side for 6 months. What to do? Note=used to take ecosprin AV75 for couple of years for ischemic heart problem.
My grandfather get a heart attack last week sometime. Can you tell me please what are the symptoms of heart attack. And how can we take of my grandfather.
My mom age 45 years old. Frequently complains that she feels as if something is pinching in her legs. She is heart patient. Thank you.
Dear Doctor, I am a 30-year-old male, 73 Kgs, 173 cm, smoker. I have been checking my heart rate over the past few weeks and it is constantly between 95 to 105. I have checked with 3-4 devices at different intervals during different days and my heart rate just would not go below 95. I had a blood test recently and my HSCRP, Cholesterol and all cardiac tests are within the normal range. I have started working out recently and am trying to cut down on cigarettes. Currently I smoke on an average of 8 cigs a day. Seeing the heart rate constantly on the rise is making me nervous, and I would like someone to help me reverse this condition.
Heart Blocks are a result of plaque buildup in your arteries, which blocks blood flow and circulation to the heart, causing heart muscle damage and heightens the risk for heart attack and stroke.
Arteries which have smooth and elastic walls become thick and restrict blood flow from the cholesterol deposits over the years. Blood clots can also block the arteries that supply oxygen rich blood to the heart. These can eventually lead to strokes and heart attacks.
Some warning signs that you may be at risk of heart blockage:
- Have you had a mild stroke: Plaque that accumulates in the carotid artery supplying oxygen rich blood to the brain can cause a stroke. People who have had strokes are more prone to heart attacks.
- Do you often feel fatigue and dizziness: Reduced oxygen from poor circulation and blood flow can result in fatigue and tiredness as well as dizziness.
- Experiencing shortness of breath: Poor blood flow can lead to shortness of breath from even mild forms of exercise or even from carrying out daily chores or walking.
- Sudden chest pain: Chest pain or angina result from reduced supply of blood to the heart. It can be felt as pressure, tightness in the chest, squeezing in the chest, numbness or burning.
- Unexplained lower back pain: This can result from pressure in the spine as a result of pinched nerves due to compressed vertebrae discs as a result of poor blood flow.
- Erectile dysfunction in men: If an erection becomes difficult or impossible, it could be a warning sign of clogged arteries. These arteries supply blood to the pelvis area and help achieve an erection.
- Calf pain: Blocked leg arteries can cause calf pain, especially in smokers . THis is an early sign of possible heart blocks.
- Painful, numb and cold hands and feet: Plaque build up in the arteries of the extremities can cause numbness and coldness in the hands and feet.
Remember early detection is the key to prevent or delay heart attacks.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!