Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K. JagannathanYour feedback matters!
Ny name is Amir. Age- 23yr My skin is dark and dry and lips also very dark. So I feel very shame with my friends. What should I do?
I am losing hair quickly I tried all shampoos and oil but no effect on it. please sir /mam help. Me.
Respected doctor There is alot of hair loss and itching on head badly please let me know what to do. Thank you.
I have hair fall problem and it will be increase last year after my pregnancy. I have use some shampu but no effect. And was used some medicine but no result.
I have a pimple type something on my penis for about 10-12 days it creates itching and pain also and it was increasing day by day. Please give me suggestions what should I do.
I started getting white beard at age of 26 and now I am 32, a big part of my beard has become white under the chin. Is there any way to turn it black again ? Any medicine or injection?
A week back I had gone to barber shop where I got 2 big cuts where the barber put alum in it ,after a week I am getting vomiting at nights and was diagnosed with gerd in 2013, was this a risk for infection and what to be done further.
I am 23 years old female and I have tiny pores on my skin all over my body and these pores are increasing gradually. Since 1 year.
Hello, I am suffering from adult acne and it is somewhat better after taking isotroin but when I stop taking the medicine it comes again. Please suggest ANY permanent solution for this big problem. Some acne is so stubborn that it doesn't go after 4 months too. It is leaving scars behind which looks very bad. Any permanent solution please I will be thankful Thanks Sandeep.
Lybrate | Dr. Aparna Jadhav speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Hi, my daughter having 8 year old, white spots on her skin from 2 years. They are start from her legs, showing on her chest, hands in small size. Which type of treatment is better for her and can she get normal?
Psoriasis can be defined as a skin condition which is caused due to auto-immune disorders within the body. This is a condition where the skin on the body develops raised and dry areas which are reddish in colour while also being bordered by silvery scales.
Treatment of psoriasis in Ayurveda
Ayurveda has a different slant to conventional medicine with regards to the treatment of psoriasis. According to ayurveda, it is the impurities in the blood which cause the immune system to react adversely and cause this condition. Ayurveda concentrates on treating the underlying problems through the combination of changes in diet, home remedies and certain medications to treat this disorder. Some of them are mentioned below:
Changes in diet which will help purify the symptoms - Some advice that is usually given to patients to clean up their diet and include certain other items are as follows:
- Avoid spicy food and try to eat food which can be easily broken down within the digestive system
- Inclusion of more fruits and fruit juices in your diet
- Also include vegetables and also have a mix of boiled vegetables daily.
- It is better to avoid animal products such as animal fats, eggs, canned and processed foods from your diet.
- Regular consumption of butter milk and curd are known to be very good in blood purification and thus should be consumed in large quantities.
Some ayurvedic tips and ingredients which can help treat psoriasis
- Use avocado oil to rub on the affected areas as it is known to be an effective treatment when applied long term.
- Ensure that the skin is always moisturized by applying a soft, cream or gel.
- Periodic baths in sea water if possible is also good for lessening the symptoms of psoriasis.
- Aloe vera cream applied specifically on the patches is known to also lessen them overtime.
Few other tips to follow
- Get into deep breathing and meditation to ensure that your body and mind are relaxed as this is very important during the healing process
- Expose the affected areas of your skin to mild sunlight for about half an hour daily as it is known to improve symptoms.