Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K. JagannathanYour feedback matters!
My skin is neither of the fair complex nor of the dark complex I want to make my whole body fair and remove black tils (spots) anyhow what to do?
How to get rid of the pimples scars left on the cheeks. Have tried different face-washes face packs Etc but didn't help.
I'm 18 years old. I have acne and it's scars and blemishes. Is laser the only treatment for scars? What is the cost of laser basically? Starting range.
Lybrate | Dr Priyanka Reddy speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
my age is 20 year and my problem is I am having heavy hair loss and at the age of 15 my hair is very long and very thick and now it was very thin and at the top of four head my hair is losing very much so plzz help me with this problem with any home remedies and some other plz help me.
I am using so many types of medicine but I am losing my hair and it begins to hair fall please solve the problem.
Acne is a major problem amongst teenagers and many grownups. It is not only a cause of major distress, irrespective of age; it is also an indicator of other health problems. Homeopathy has permanent cure for acne and pimples, though the process tends to take longer as it removes the root cause of the problem. The following medicines are said to be very effective in getting cured of acne and pimples for good:
1. For boil-like pimples: hepar sulphur is advised when the eruptions in the face are painful. In such cases, the pimples take form of boils and have abscess in them. This medicine is also effective for large cyst like acnes.
2. For pus-filled acne: in situations where pimples lead to pus formation, silicea is advised. This gets worse during the winters as the person is not able to bear the cold. The body requires warmth.
3. Food induced acne: one of the reasons for pimple or acne is eating rich, spicy or junk foods. This situation also leads to irregularities in menses in girls. This condition aggravates during the summers. Delayed or scanty periods mostly lead to pimples on the face and the body. Pulsatilla is prescribed in such situations.
4. For red inflammations: yet another common reason of acne is gastric problems. One of the most common medicines in homeopathy for acne is nux vom or nux vomica. People suffering from acne because of gastric issues usually have red and blotchy skin.
5. For acne due to oily skin: natrum mur is prescribed when pimples happen because of oily skin.
Along with these, there are a few standard instructions. Keep your skin clean and avoid touching, squeezing, scratching or picking on the pimples. In fact, avoid touching your face, especially the pimple affected area. Drink a lot of water, use water based cosmetics, and avoid greasy foods.
My hairs are falling day by day I had tried many shampoos, conditioners and tried home remedies also but not give satisfaction. And also some time there acne on my face please help me in treatment of this problems.
I am 22 years old but loosing my hair. How can I reduce this loss get me out of this problem. More no: of pimples were appearing on my face suggest me any methods for reducing this.
My cousin suffering from pimples since last 2 weeks Please tell me suggestions for pimples clearing and skin whitening..
I am 15 years old , wheat coloured , my face was white but after long exposure to sunlight it became black, I tried many remedies like lots and lots of fruits but can't regain my fairness, I need a cream that works.
My hair are falling. I started using head &shoulder shampoo but it causes more hair lose. Root of hair are paining at front while combing or if someone pull it slightly. I had got two U shape skin without hair at facial side.
Hi Doctor this is Srikanth, I am having some skin allergies what are the safe way and natural way to get rid of them.
How should minimize the greying of hair or to convert it to black hair? Or how to increase hormonal activity responsible for hair growth?
Healing of a wound refers to a process by which the tissues in the body or skin are repaired after being damaged. Each of the body's system has a role to play in the process of wound healing. There are mainly 6 stages in the process which are complementary to each other for the complete healing process. These stages are as follows:
- Hemostasis: Hemostasis refers to the process of stopping the bleeding from a wound. It is basically done by vasoconstriction in which the blood vessels contract to obstruct the blood flow through them.
- Inflammation: It refers to swelling around the area affected by the wound. It is a symptom or your body's way of telling you, that you have suffered an injury. It also helps the body identify the area for regeneration of cells and begin the process of blood clotting.
- Proliferation and migration of cells: During the swelling process, several types of cells are released by the body, which then move towards the affected area and further constrict the blood vessels. Also the movement of white blood cells to the injured region is important to prevent further infection.
- Angiogenesis: After controlling the bleeding process, the body begins the regeneration process for the torn tissues. The mechanism of regeneration is referred to as Angiogenesis. The mechanism involves replacing the broken or damaged blood vessels with new ones or by adding to the existing working portions of tissues.
- Reepithelialization: Once your body has started the process of growing veins again and the damaged ones have been replaced by new ones, the process of Reepithelialization begins. Reepithelialization refers to the mechanism of replacing the damaged skin with newly formed skin tissue. It is done by producing cells called keratinocytes which are integral to the skin building process.
- Synthesis: It is generally the last stage in the healing process. Certain proteins result in blood clots, which do not allow further bleeding during the formation of the new skin tissue and veins. After the skin and blood vessels are formed the inflammation subsides. After a few days, the infected or damaged cells and tissues peel off naturally and the area of the wound becomes covered with new skin.