Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K. HariharanYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor, mera insulin ke bare mein jana he. Normal amount status insulin kitna hota he. Aur kam zada kaisa pata karun.
Following is my thyroid test report .please discuss and evaluate NAME SELF MEENAKSHI JAIN (47Y/F) REF. BY TEST ASKED T3-T4-TSH: TOTAL TRIIODOTHYRONINE (T3) C.L.I.A ng/dl 60 - 200 89 TOTAL THYROXINE (T4) C.L.I.A μg/dl 4.5 - 12.0 5.9 THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE (TSH) C.L.I.A μIU/ml 0.30 - 5.5 7.78.
My father age is 68 years. He is sugar and high blood pressure patients. What are I do for his good healthy life.
Recently i was diagnosed for diabetes. Levels are 209/329. I would like to bring down my sugar level without medicines. Kindly advice what should i do.
I have been detected diabetes with hb1 6.7 in jan2016. Doctor advice me to diet control and come after rwo month. Now I have got checked hb-1 5.7. At the same time I also have detected with 60-70percent blockage in LAD and LCX. What I have to do.
I have diabetes. Whenever I ate food or anything else my blood sugar rises. What preventions should I do?
I am diabetic for last ten years and I am on Allopathic medicine. Suggest me some Ayurvedic medicine to control Sugar level. My present level of fasting sugar is 140.
Hi I am 46 years old man. For the last 2-3 year I do not get proper sleep. I am on sleeping pills but since in the morning I feel I have not got a complete sleep. I am diabetic, asthmatic and do not do any exercises. I smoke and drink too. Kindly advice how I can get a proper sleep?
Hi I am a diabetic n I am loosing my wght constantly n am becoming lean n thin. Kindly suggest how to regain my wght n gain mass without affecting my sugar level.
Common Cause of Infertility in Females
Damage to fallopian tubes (tubal infertility)
When fallopian tubes become damaged or blocked, they keep sperm from getting to the egg or block the passage of the fertilized egg into the uterus. Causes of fallopian tube damage or blockage can include:
Pelvic tuberculosis, a major cause of tubal infertility worldwide, although uncommon in the United States
Endometriosis occurs when tissue that normally grows in the uterus implants and grows in other locations. This extra tissue growth — and the surgical removal of it — can cause scarring, which may obstruct the tube and keep the egg and sperm from uniting. It can also affect the lining of the uterus, disrupting implantation of the fertilized egg. The condition also seems to affect fertility in less-direct ways, such as damage to the sperm or egg.
Uterine or cervical causes
Several uterine or cervical causes can impact fertility by interfering with implantation or increasing the likelihood of a miscarriage.
Benign polyps or tumors (fibroids or myomas) are common in the uterus, and some types can impair fertility by blocking the fallopian tubes or by disrupting implantation. However, many women who have fibroids or polyps can become pregnant.
Endometriosis scarring or inflammation within the uterus can disrupt implantation.
Uterine abnormalities present from birth, such as an abnormally shaped uterus, can cause problems becoming or remaining pregnant.
Cervical stenosis, a cervical narrowing, can be caused by an inherited malformation or damage to the cervix.
Sometimes the cervix can’t produce the best type of mucus to allow the sperm to travel through the cervix into the uterus.
In some instances, a cause for infertility is never found. It’s possible that a combination of several minor factors in both partners underlie these unexplained fertility problems. Although it’s frustrating to not get a specific answer, this problem may correct itself with time.
I am type 2 diabetic on insulin and metformin. My foreskin is infected and am unable to pull it back as it pains. What antibiotic cream/tablets to take?
Diabetes is a systemic disease that affects almost every part of your body. Of these, the digestive system is the most badly affected. While gastrointestinal disorders are commonly experienced by everyone, diabetics have a much higher risk of suffering from indigestion, food poisoning, gallstones and ulcers. Some of the most common gastrointestinal problems experienced by diabetics are:
- Gastroparesis: High blood sugar levels can damage the vagus nerve that controls the emptying of the stomach. As a result fo this damage, the muscles of the stomach and intestines do not work optimally leading to a condition known as Gastroparesis. This is a condition where the stomach is not able to empty itself properly and the digestion process is slowed down. Gastroparesis can cause bloating, nausea, pain in the abdomen, heart burn and a loss of appetite. It can also cause undigested food in the stomach to harden and form lumps that block food from moving into the intestines. This disease cannot be cured but can be managed with medication and a special diet.
- Ulcers: Stomach ulcers can be described as open sores that develop on the inner lining of the stomach, oesophagus and beginning of the small intestine. These ulcers form as a result of bacterial infections. Diabetes weakens a person’s immune system thus reducing their ability to fight these infections and increasing the risk of developing ulcers. Diabetes also increases the risk of bleeding from these ulcers and secondary infections that may arise from it.
- Yeast infections: Diabetics are extremely vulnerable to yeast infections. This is aggravated by fluctuation in blood sugar levels and can extend from the mouth to the oesophagus. Common symptoms of this type of yeast infection are pain in the throat and difficulty swallowing. It may also cause heartburn and intestinal bleeding if left untreated.
- Celiac sprue: This condition creates gluten allergies and causes the inflammation and thinning of the small intestine’s mucosa. In some cases, this condition may interfere with the absorption of food and lead to diarrhoea and weight loss.
- Diabetic diarrhoea: Patients who have been suffering from diabetes for a few years may experience an increased urge to pass stools frequently. This is usually related to gastric problems in the colon which cause fluids to move at a faster than normal speed through the small bowel and colon. It may also be caused due to the secretion of fluids in the colon and improper absorption of food. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.