Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K.GnanashanmughamYour feedback matters!
I had cavity in my tooth. And it gone worst teeth completely damaged. What can I do. I want to align my teeth. Without cavity treatment I can wear braces on my teeth. please answer.
HiiiiE doctors I am suffering from a problem ie. Daily while brushing my teeth and tongue, I gets a vomiting immediately, it is fully covered with an yellow colour and some times it's turns to Tea colour like blood. I am having the habit of smoking from past 4years. please tell me that is it, any symptoms of any disease like cancer or other. And I am 18 year's old.
I am a 22 years old male. I am suffering from severe bad breath problem. I also consulted dentist twice. Please prescribe me some medicines for it.
Hey doctor, I recently broke a little part of my teeth while opening a metal object, and I am really shocked to see this as earlier it never happened. I am having calcium deficiency from past 3 months. Please can you suggest some cure for the same?
My niece who is 15 years has been recommended by her doctor for braces she also has nine cavities what will b d cost of cavity filling nd which braces would b good for her nd what will b d cost of braces please help.
I am 27 years old male, my tooth are not well arranged, I dont want to get my canines removed for better arrangement. Can we some how reduce the size of teeth to reduce their size and arrange them better?
I am 25 year old, male. My problem is in my tongue. There are a black hairy. Both side of my tongue. I have no any problem of this. Bt I frusted by this. What is this?
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.