Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.G. Ravikumar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K.G. RavikumarYour feedback matters!
A STD is transmitted by means of physical intimate contact and intercourse. These diseases are caused by parasites, virus or bacteria. Usually STDs are preventable provided you make the right choices concerning your sexual health. Refraining from sex isn’t a feasible idea at all. But fortunately there are alternatives too to curb the menace that STDs are:
- Mutual monogamy: Two people who have sex only with one another don’t have any opportunity to bring a new STD into the relationship. If you and your partner have been tested and are healthy, remaining faithful to each other is a very good way to reduce your chances of contracting an STD.
- Get Vaccinated: One important prevention tool against STIs is vaccination. Currently, vaccines are available to protect against infection with HPV, hepatitis A and B. Talk to your healthcare provider to see which vaccines might be recommended for you.
- Protect Yourself: Condoms work really well in stopping most STIs from being passed from an infected partner to another when they are used consistently and correctly every time a person has oral, vaginal or anal sex. Consistently and correctly means that a person makes sure they use a condom every time they have oral, vaginal or anal sex and put it on and use it the right way.
- Avoid alcohol and drug use: Avoiding alcohol and recreational drug use reduces the risk of contracting an STI, having an unwanted pregnancy, or being coerced to have sex. Alcohol and drug use can reduce our ability to make good decisions. It may also make us more likely to be talked into into participating in an activity without being able to give our full consent.
- Consider male circumcision: There's evidence that male circumcision can help reduce a man's risk of acquiring HIV from an infected woman (heterosexual transmission) by as much as 60 percent. Male circumcision may also help prevent transmission of genital HPV and genital herpes.
Coping and Support
It's traumatic to find out you have an STI. You might be angry if you feel you've been betrayed or ashamed if there's a chance you infected others. At worst, an STI can cause chronic illness and death, even with the best care in the world. Between those extremes is a host of other potential losses is trust between partners, plans to have children and the joyful embrace of your sexuality and its expression. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I have this fungal skin infection for one year now. I have used many precautions to keepyself clean so that it won't increase but still the skin infection grows. I would like to have your suggestions.
I am suffering from PREMATURE EJACULATION from last 2years, could you please let me know how to get rid if this and which specialist I should go and how long it will take to get rid of this problem.
I am 18 years old and from very long time I am feeling that I am in depression and hot able to do any work I just sleeps all the tine and not able to think any thing.
Hello Sir I think I'm patient of depression and stress because I get worried too early like fast heart beat, cool skin, Rapid Breathing, dry mouth and most important have headache these symptoms I feel. Can you guide me what is this ? How to lead a normal life ?
I have problem in stomach. Type of indigestion and pain. Also problem in doing latrine? what can I do.
I am on medication for hypertension and alpha blocker for prostate enlargement. I am also taking antidepressant tablet. Am I allowed to take viagra after a gap of more than 4 hrs. From the time I took alpha blocker namely dynapres 0. 4 (tamsulosin chloride). What is the dosage recommended for viagra and the precautions to be taken?
Hi sir. My problem is don't Erect my panic is & I got discharge soon before sex & My penis is very lose & small please help.
patients with heel pain are associated with tight calf structures, which in turn is associated with tight hamstrings. Both calf and hamstrings are two joint muscles and any spasm of these muscles compress the underneath nerves and blood vessels. These tight structures need proper stretching to release there spasm accompanied by some hot formentation.
Do regular walk to alleviate the spasm on your end. Still if pain persist, get it properly examined to identify the root cause of the problem and thus wholesome cure.