Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.Chellappan
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. K.ChellappanYour feedback matters!
Sir I'm 25 years old. I'm love failure. Im very stressed and even shivering of my hands and body. So what to do.
When cold wind blow over me my body vibrate and I suddenly fall down with lost of memory n even watering from mouth and uneven word, what is the cause of it.
I’m suffering from bell palsy from 1 month 24 days still no improvement at all I’m doing exercise like balloon, taking water with staw and chewing and other facial exercise eyebrows chicks nose lips but no improvement at all. First I visit neurosurgeon that give me 10 days steroid course in starting and after that he prescribe me medicine GLA M. But I did’t get any improvement so I switch to my family doctor who are general phisian that give me injection to improve my facial muscles. I ask him today he told me that he give me injection of something called cyclonide 6 (I did’t remember exact name). So now my confusion is should I stuck with previous doctors or current one who give me injection or should I see new one.
I am 42 years old male, I have tremors in my both hands since childhood. I have consulted a general physician, neurologist & psychiatrist & taken many medicines for many years. I have also taken homeopathy, Ayurvedic & naturopathy treatment, but no improvement. Some doctors say its anxiety & other say its due to lack of "Dopamine"(a chemical produced in the brain). My question is that "can this problem be cured? Many people told me that these tremors will increase as you will grow old, is it true? I am also taking medicine of high BP from last three years. Thanks.
My father is 55 year old and he is suffering from dementia. Earlier we have taken him to Cmc bt their they said nothing can be done. We have also taken him to Rinpas, Ranchi but we got zero result. Now we are in such a position that he can not take him to nihans so please help me sir.
Neurological disorders are problems with any one or a combination of the central nervous system or any of its peripheral systems such as cranial nerves, neuromuscular junctions, and the autonomic nervous systems among others.
Some extreme examples of neurological disorders are:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Parkinson's disease
- Disorders brought on by strokes
- Multiple sclerosis and others
What is physiotherapy and how can it help?
Physiotherapy is a form of treatment where practitioners use physical forms of treatment such as massages, exercises, heat treatment and other controlled forms of external stimuli to treat physical disorders.
This method of treatment can be very effective in correcting neurological disorders.
Some of the physiotherapy techniques, which can be implemented to help patients, are as follows:
- Electrical Stimulation: This method is commonly used to treat muscular problems, especially incurred after an accident or any other form of injury. In this method, controlled electric stimulation is given to specific nerve areas over the skin to stimulate them.
- Heat treatment: This method involves applying heat to parts of the body such as joints or muscles where there is nerve or muscular damage. This treatment is especially effective for muscle related problems.
- Ice or cold treatment: Vertically opposite to the principle of heat treatment, ice or cold treatment is used to contract muscles within the body. This is especially effective where inflammation needs to be controlled.
- Manual therapy: Possibly the most common form of physiotherapy, this method employs massages, pressure points, stretching and hands on strengthening exercises and helps regularize nerve impulses to areas where they have been affected. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.