Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment of Epilepsy
Treatment of Tremors
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Brain Injury
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Hyperactivity Disorder
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Hyperactivity
Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
Treatment of Meningitis
Treatment of Stroke
Treatment of Seizures
Treatment of Parkinson's Disease
Submit a review for Dr. K BhanuYour feedback matters!
Sir I am a 20 year old. My hand shaking every time. And some nerves are shaking in the body. My weight decreased. I'm always tired. My left hand has lost power. What is my problem.
My Husband was operated for tumor in his brain (right) in dec 2013. After 2 months he regained some of his left leg movement and now walking slowly with cane. However, he could move slightly his left shoulder, close his fist. There are no movement in fingers or cannot open his fist. His Physiotherapy is still on going. Please , i would want to understand the situation.
My father age is 75 year. And his legs not working since 20 days. I have consulted a Neurophysiological doctor so he ask me my father is not well in Future. My father's reports CONCLUSION: This Neurophysiological study (Nerve conduction study) is grossly abnormal. There are evidences of distal and proximal small and large fibre, predominantly axonal demyelinating. Sensory or polyneuropathy involving lower limbs. Further extensive study may be required to see spread of the disease in upper limbs. Please sir suggested me it's very serious problem.
My son aged 13 years, an epilectic and autistic patient. My question is doctor prescribed addwize tablet to reduce autism for 3 and half years, is this appropriate to take this medicine for that long period ? Please suggest me to take addwize tablet for long time appropriate or not?
I am diagnosed with Epilepsy and its been 3 years that I am on medication. I am taking Epilex Chrono (600 mg) in morning and same at night with 100 mg of Lamictal. Though my EEG report is normal now so just wanted to know how long treatment will take and I have to take medicines.
A tumor is formed due to the uncontrolled proliferation of living cells. Generally, the cells in the human body continuously die and are replaced by new cells. Some cells are replaced frequently, like intestinal lining and skin, while some like nerve cells live longer and may not be replaced once they die. Natural cell death is mediated by genetic information and the body’s bio-chemical signals. In the case of a tumor, some cells develop genetic mutations, and stop responding to the ‘cell-death’ signals. They do not die and continue to grow to form a mass, stealing nutrients and oxygen from surrounding tissue. Brain tumor can arise from any of the many types of cells in the brain or its covering. These can be benign (less harmful), or malignant (rapidly growing). These tumours cause harm by following methods:
- A rapidly growing tumor mass can press on normal brain tissue and damage them in the enclosed space of skull.
- Stealing food and oxygen from surrounding normal tissue thereby harming them.
- Increase the brain pressure and reducing its blood supply.
- Secrete harmful substances causing cerebral oedema.
- Some tumours like certain Pituitary tumours can secrete hormones abnormally and cause hormonal imbalance.
Symptoms of Brain Tumour:
- Headache: New onset regular headaches, without any history of having such frequent headaches in past, which becomes worse because of other pressure related activities, such as sneezing, coughing, exercising might be a possible symptom of brain tumour and issues related to such sudden and frequent headaches should be taken up with the doctor without any further delay. If headache is associated with nausea or drowsiness, it is to be taken seriously.
- Seizures: Seizures or convulsions (fits) are amongst the most common symptoms of brain tumour, which might be limited to a particular body part or the whole body. It may manifest as frank convulsive movements of the limbs, twitching of one side of face, or may cause subtle and transient behavioral changes. New onset seizures in young people must be evaluated to rule out brain tumours.
- Numbness in arms/legs: Numbness in parts of the body may be caused by a tumour affecting the sensory tracts.
- Balancing problems: Poor coordination and balancing problems may arise as a prominent symptom for brain tumour affecting the hindbrain.
- Memory problems: Lack of concentration and memory loss may be the only symptoms for the presence of tumour in the frontal or temporal lobes.
- Nausea or vomiting: Nausea or vomiting might be the symptoms of many other possible health issues, but a headache associated with nausea and/or vomiting is a characteristic symptom of raised brain pressure. Such symptoms should be evaluated to rule out a brain tumor and should not be ignored.
- Facial paralysis: weakness of one half of face, like deviation of mouth, drooling of saliva from one corner of mouth, inability to close eyelids etc. may be due to facial paresis caused by a brain tumor in the opercular area or in the CP angle. Such symptoms need to be investigated for a tumor.
- Change in vision: A person suffering from brain tumor might also experience changes in the vision, dizziness, blurry vision, among other sight related issues.
- Change in speech: Sudden inability to speak or understand speech may be due to tumors of the dominant hemisphere of the brain.
- Hearing problems: hearing problems and other hearing related disorders might have the brain tumor of posterior fossa or temporal lobe as a possible reason.
Diagnosing a brain tumour may include one or more of many tests, including CT scan, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), PET scan and biopsy. One should never ignore the symptoms discussed above and should visit a doctor, preferably a Neurosurgeon as early as possible. Brain tumors are easier to treat if diagnosed early. Certain small tumors can be treated with radiation alone. If surgery is required, smaller tumors diagnosed early have greater chance of cure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
I am 20 and I have been suffering from migraine since 4-5 years. Actually no doctor detected it as migraine before. Now about 1 month ago an Rheumatologist detected it as migraine. I have been taking medicines since 2 months but they are not much effective.
I am 45 years old and I am diabetic from past 9 years and in the both legs I have various veins, will it affect my legs in future or I have to get operated on both the legs.
Occupational therapy has a big role in children with autism. To improve their attention. Concentration. And sitting tolerance. Which is an absolute necessity of every child become independent in age appropriate activity? In autism, children lacking eye contact. There in own world lot of distraction. Sensory seeking behaviour. Stereotyped behaviours. Repetitive thinks of some nonmeaningful play. Spinning objects. Moving around. Unable to sit at one place. Which interferes in the day to day life. Occupational therapist having knowledge and skills of sensory integration. Can only handle that kind of children? They will get benefit from purposeful and meaningful play activities provided in each therapy sessions is going to improve the child sense of orientation. Surrounding and sense of entity as a child that I am also having some role in society and I have to perform well confidently. Occupational therapy also improves fine motor and gross motor skills in children which are required in daily routine to perform the task eg. Writing. Climbing. Also, the occupational therapy helps to improve the sensory integration in speech area to communicate with oromotor musculatute. And last but not the least take the child towards independence in social and environmental challenges. Guys if you see any signs of motor delay or speech delay. Please consult a neuropaediatrician and occupational therapist who are practicing in paediatrics.