Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. K. AnnamalaiYour feedback matters!
Sir I have back pain from past 6 months. With this pain I can't stand more than a hour. Please suggest me a doctor.
I am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis since last 6 years but I am not Getting any relief .only till the time I am eating my painkillers my pain is OK but after that it becomes worst I want a permanent solution for this so please help me.
If your kid is affected by Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), it is important for you to know about the best ways of dealing with the condition. Muscular dystrophy consists of group of diseases, which result in the weakening of muscles along with reduced flexibility. DMD accounts for being the most common type of muscular dystrophy. It occurs because of flaws in the gene, which controls how your body keeps the muscles healthy. This disease affects boys and the symptoms start appearing from early childhood.
There is no specific treatment for DMD. However, there are several ways, including medicines and therapy, to deal with the symptoms and to protect the muscles.
- Several steroids such as prednisone help in slowing down muscle damage. Children taking this medicine are able to walk for two to five years longer than they would usually do. Lung and heart functions are also improved.
- DMD leads to heart problems and hence, you should take your child to a heart doctor for regular checkups until the age of 10.
- In some cases, a surgery may be required to fix their shortened muscles, for straightening the spine, or for treating a heart or lung problem.
Taking care of your child
If your child has DMD, it does not mean that he will have to refrain from activities such as school, sports and spending time with friends. By sticking to the right treatment plan, you will be able to make your child active.
- Stand and walk: Being in an upright position will keep your child’s bones strong and the spine straight. You can get your child braces or standing walkers, which will help him in terms of balance and mobility.
- Eat right: Although there is no special diet for DMD, several food items should be taken for preventing problems related to weight. Your child should eat the proper amount of food with a proper balance of nutrients and calories regularly.
- Stay active: You should ensure that your child exercises regularly. Regular stretching exercises help in keeping the muscles and joints limber, which makes him feel better. You can avail the help of a physical therapist for an exercise schedule.
You can look for and join local support groups associated with DMD, as other families living with DMD can be a source of good advice and understanding about life with DMD.
When the hand fingers start changing their shape from joints or in other words bends then its said that the person is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. What can be the possible natural remedy or exercise for it, through which the intensity can be stopped from getting worst?
I am 24 year old and I have back problem when I do my work in my office it continuously pain without any support I am not sit.
I am 19 years old and I have grade 2 spondylolisthesis. So can I do abs exercises in gym? Or I should not go to gym?
Hello, I am a lady of 46. I have 2 kids of 20 & 21. Both normal delivery. I am suffering from acute pain in my pubic bone since 12yrs. The pain started during my 4 months of pregnancy. After delivery there was no pain while walking. I realized the pain only in laying positions. After 10 years of delivery the pain has increased to such a level, that my daily life has crippled. I am turning out to an invalid person. Pls advice. Is there any solution to this problem? X ray report- Both sacroiliac joints are normal. Break is seen in PARS inter articularis at level of L- 5 without any forward subluxationof L- 5 over S-1 - Suggestive of pre Spondylolisthesis (Lumber spondylolysis) at level of L-5. Both sacro - iliac joint are normal. No obvious bony lesion is seen in pelvis and hip joint (both sides). Sclerosis is seen in the region of pubic symphysis in pubic artery. Ray Blood report-CRP (c- reactive protien) -- 2.6 mg/l RA factor-- 5.20 IU/ml Anti CCP --0.38 OD ratio. ESR 05 mmHLAB- 27 -- positive (method: flowcymetry) Regards.
How can I control the diabetes of my mother, her age is 48, please suggest me fastly, or also to control the knee pain.
Need opinion on back pain called Disc bulge - Lumber Spine. L4-L5 level .what is the treatment for such disease .age 30. What need to be done recover from it. Doctor scanned report says. Mild diffuse disc bulge noted at L4-L5 & L5-S1 levels causing attenuation of ventral thecal sac and inferior aspect of bilateral neural foramina narrowing. No obvious nerve root compression is seen. Rest of the intervertebral disc does not show significant disc bulge / herniation. Lower thoracic spinal cord (from D9 vertebral. Level downwards) and the conus medullaris appear normal. Pre and paravertebral soft tissues appear normal. Sacroiliac joints included in the study region show no definite abnormality. Request expertise opinion what to do and how to recover ,treatment and how much time it take to free from pain.
I am 64 years old female. I have tennis elbow,&have disc problems. Now suddenly pain in fingers stared, not able to hold anything firmly with fingers.
I have back pain from past 2 months, I have consulted many doctors but no relief is there. What can I do?
I am a 21 year male. 3 days back during my workout at gym I lifted a very heavy weight since then I having mild pain whenever I am drinking water and constipation problem has started from that day.
Sir my back born is day by day going to week And shoulders also I suffering from back pain and shoulders pain.
I am having ankle pain for the last 6 months mostly on my left foot. It increases after I get up from sleep. But when I do something reduces. Actually the pain increases after my foot gets rest. One thing I want to inform that once I saw a article based on ankle problem. And if I am not wrong they specified my problem as" Calcaneal Spur"
My mom is a diabetic patient. Her legs always pains, as she is a house wife. At night her feet gets swelled coz she works a lot and another morning it becomes normal. There's no bone problem. Only the muscle pains A lot. And she do not want to take any tablets. Is there any treatment to get rid of this without taking oral medicines?
I had a back pain. From 1 week. Even I can not sleep in nights. What can I do to get relief from this?
Osteoarthritis is among the most common ailments that people on the other side of 50 are affected with. Few of the primary reasons behind osteoarthritis are age, obesity and weakened bones. Sometimes, osteoarthritis stems from joint injury or some sort of stress on the bones. It leads to acute pain and stiffness and can only be cured through medication and exercise. The symptoms may vary from mild creakiness in the joints and swelling to the loss of cartilages between bones.
Long periods of inactivity can also trigger extreme stiffness as well. While it is an extremely painful disease, it does not spread to the other parts of the body. Inflammation of various degrees in the ligaments and joints is the primary cause of osteoarthritis and sustained treatment can only result in abating of pain. Osteoarthritis is usually treated through detecting the symptoms and through other imaging tests, while joint replacement may be a viable solution, there are other non-surgical processes that reap fruitful results while battling osteoarthritis.
It usually involves an optimum mixture of exercises and drug therapy. While there are several cures available, prevention should always be a priority.
- Physical activity: Obesity is one of the primary causes of osteoarthritis. Certain prescribed exercises can go a long way in improving muscle strength and reducing joint pains. However, excessive exercises must be avoided. Other preventive methods include medicinal spa, massage and chiropractics. These are extremely beneficial in cases osteoarthritis.
- Medicines and drugs: Osteoarthritis can be kept under control and averted through specific medications. Drugs can be consumed orally or can be injected directly as per the prescription of the doctor if he or she forebodes an onset of osteoarthritis. Knee lubricants have also been helpful in curing osteoarthritis. For more severe conditions, specified medical attention may be required.
- Nutritional Supplements: For obtaining relief from joint pains, a proper and healthy diet is necessary. An enhanced supply of calcium, vitamin D and Omega-3 fatty acids is thus mandatory for remedying and preventing osteoarthritis. A healthy diet builds your immunity and prevents such diseases.
- Surgery: Although not the favorite, knee replacement surgery is often undertaken even if initial signs of osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis are detected. These are relatively hassle-free surgeries which go a long way in providing relief. However, you must follow the advice of the doctors thoroughly before opting for this.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture has gained a lot of popularity in the recent times. Based on ancient techniques, this involves gently needling the various pressure points to purify the system from within and reduce the joint pains. They have extremely health boosting properties and contribute to one’s overall well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedics.