Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Heart Attack
Treatment of Syncope
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Irregular Heartbeat
Treatment of Hole in the Heart
Treatment of Heart Specialist
Treatment of Angina
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
Treatment of Left Chest Pain
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension
Submit a review for Dr. K. AnandYour feedback matters!
I am 54 years old with normal body structure 5.10 height and 76 kg weight have little high BP problem with increase cholesterol taking Telma 40 and Aztor 40 once a day. I am very active in sex and like the most but from few months I have less sex drive and getting wight gain on my lower abdomen area what to do.
Sir, he is suffering from diabetes from last 3 years and he is also a blood pressure patient. He is taking medicine from last 3 years but he is still suffering from diabetes although around 140. So, please suggest the medicine so that he will get rid of diabetes.
My brother is 11 years old. He is overweight (weighs 92kilo presently) what should be done to reduce his weight? 2 years back he was treated with open heart surgery because he had a hole in his heart by birth.
If you are concerned about your heart’s health, it is important for you to make some dietary modifications. Simple changes in your everyday diet may offer benefits, which help in preventing future heart problems. If you suffer from high blood pressure or high cholesterol or have atrial fibrillation.
Here are some tips regarding the best diet for protecting your heart:
- Believe in the food hype: Having healthy meals is certainly beneficial and makes a big difference to your heart health. Consuming meals which contain vegetables, grains, low fat dairy and lean meat will allow you to live a longer and healthier life.
- Avoid crash diets: A crash diet may be effective, if you want to fit in a dress within one month. However, for improving your heart health, undertaking different fad diets is not useful. Meals in which a certain type of nutrients such as carbohydrates or fats are ruled out are not beneficial as well. You should have a sensible approach towards your diet and focus on food products such as vegetables, whole grains and lean meat.
- Do not overeat: Overeating will lead to weight gain and commonly, many people get heart attack after taking a big meal.
- Eat less salt: You should consume less amount of salt in your diet and do not eat more than one teaspoon of salt a day. Avoid any food item which contains high amounts of sodium. Salt is responsible for increasing blood pressure.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine: In case you suffer from atrial fibrillation, you should avoid caffeine and any other stimulant as they tend to trigger the symptoms. You must drink moderately as consuming more than one drink a day increases your risks of having heart problems.
- Choose meat wisely: You should avoid red meat, which contains large amount of saturated fats as these are not good for the heart. You should choose the leanest cuts of meats and trim all fat from it. You should opt for cuts such as flank, rump roast, tenderloin and sirloin. Pork tenderloin, chicken and turkey breast are other alternatives.
- Add fish to your diet: Fish is essential for improving your heart health. Try to avoid having deep fried fish and choose grilled fish or roasted fish, which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Consume fishes like tuna, salmon, trout and sardines.
You should also add whole grains to your diet. They are effective in controlling blood sugar and lower the chances of diabetes. Hence, the risks of heart diseases are less if you do not have diabetes. Whole grains also help with weight loss, which is beneficial for the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir, I'm 21 male, I have been taken VIGORA GELLY from a last 2 weeks and last few days I have feel Side effects about it Like- Chest pain, High blood pressure, fast Heart beat and I can't consult it with my parents it Right now what should I take to treat the Side effects.
I am 73 years old. I want to quit taking restyl (Aplozoram) tablet .5 mg which I take to sleep. I am also Diabetic Type 2 and under medication for benign Hypertension. Metformin 500 mg 1 - 0 - 1 and Amilodopin 10 mg 1 - 0 - 0 Almost for 10 yrs. I get weird dreams at night, of my earlier life. Kindly let me know how I can get rid of addiction Aplozoram. Are the dreams due to beta blockers? If so can you prescribe alternate medicines for my hypertension.
My blood pressure frequently goes up every evening After 4: 00 pm. It crosses 160/100. I am taking some pill still it doesn't work after 4: 00 pm it rises frequently. Here are the medicines I take: Stamlo 5 mg. 1---0----1 Betacap tr 40 1----------- Losar 25 1----0---1 Ecosprin 75. 0----1---0.
I was smoking marijuana on daily basis. At that time my bp was 115/80. Then I had dengue. I quit it suddenly due to dengue. I did not smoke it from 45 days. Am feeling well now but my bp stays 140/90. So suddenly it increased after quitting marijuana. What can I do to lower my bp and keep it in normal range again? How long recovery will take to bring it on normal level?
I am 27 years old and I have thyroid from last 5 years also slight hypertension from last 2 years I consume eltroxin 100 for thyroid and metxyl25 for bp. How much it is gonna effect my sex life also from start I have bend in my cock. But I think its natural bend. Like banana towards down during erection it erects but takes shape of like banana downwards so anything can you advise.
Hello, I'm getting left side chest pain and in the same place back pain frequently. It comes in night or in the morning I wake up with that pain. Not regularly but like once in a week. Pain is on upper part of breast and sometimes feel like whole left breast is in pain. When asked in medical shop they are saying gas pain. I'm getting this pain from 2 months. First time pain was like hell. I felt like getting heart attack. But when rubbed a lot it was gone. After that when I get pain I used to apply tiger balm and rub and it goes away slowly. This is if I get pain in morning. If it was in night I had to sleep with that pain n do the tiger balm process in the morning. Today when I woke up I got pain and going even after applying tiger balm. Please help. Thanks in advance.
I am facing problem with my left chest. I do not know what happen that there is difference between my left and right chest. Always my mood is on angry situation. I consult with doctor but they said that nothing to worry it will automatically fix with time. But I have been waiting from 2 years nothing happen yet. When I go to sleep if my left chest touch with bedsheets so its hurt and pain. So I cannot sleep properly.
Hi I am a patient of left ventricular hypertrophy what precaution I take and what exercise I do regularly and what r my do nots pls say my age is 51 years having slight hypertension no blood sugar
I have cough congestion and chest pain since last 3 days. Kindly suggest me home remedy and tablets.
How to get 5 cm chest expecting for police job. Any exercise or food. And I have 83 cm chest how to get 86 cm in 2months. Hight.21 years old male, 5.5 hight.
I have been smoking for almost 2 years and now I am suffering from chest pain and felling pain in my throat so how to get rid of this.
Vascular disorders are disorders of the vessels in your body that carry either blood or waste products. The vascular system consists of the arteries (that carry blood away from the heart), veins (that carry blood to the heart) and lymph vessels (that carry waste products to be excreted from the body). The various diseases of the vascular or circulatory system are:
- Peripheral Artery Disease: Peripheral arteries carry blood to the various organs and tissues in the body. Accumulation of cholesterol and fat in the vessels narrow the pathway for the blood to flow. This can impair blood flow to the tissues in the body and cause complications. Various medications used to lower cholesterol and blood pressure can also be used for peripheral artery disease.
- Buerger's Disease: This disease causes obstructions in the veins and arteries in the legs. This can hamper blood supply in the toes and the feet. It causes pain and may require amputation in severe cases. Treatments for this disease include smoking cessation and medications to dilute blood vessels.
- Aneurysm: An aneurysm is swelling in the blood vessel walls; it usually occurs in the aorta. The artery walls become fragile and are placed under a lot of stress; this may lead to a sudden rupture of the aortic vessels. This disorder is usually treated by surgical procedures.
- Peripheral Venous Disease: Peripheral venous disease is characterized by damage to the valves that allows blood to flow in a single direction. Damaged valves can cause blood to flow backwards and therefore, accumulate. Treatments for this disorder are incorporating certain lifestyle habits such as quitting smoking and alcohol.
- Blood clots in the veins: Blood clots may occur in the veins present inside the muscles of the thighs and lower legs which lead to deep vein thrombosis. You may be prescribed anti-coagulants, also known as blood thinners, to treat this disorder.
People with diseases such diabetes, high blood pressure, or kidney failure can be more likely to have vessel problems. Working with vibrating tools, being in cold temperatures, and smoking can worsen vascular problems. Causes of vascular disorders usually fit into one of 5 groups:
- Traumatic, which occur after injury
- Compressive, which occur when the pipes flatten
- Occlusive, which occur when pipes are blocked
- Tumors (growths) or malformations (deformed, tangled pipes), which may or may not be present at birth
- Vessel spasms, which occur when abnormal control of vessels causes them to narrow
Symptoms of vascular disorders can include:
- Abnormal color changes in the fingertips
- Ulcers or wounds that do not heal
- Hand problems when in cold temperatures or locations
- Numbness or tingling of the fingertips
- Cool or cold fingers and/or hands
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.