Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K. Anand
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Heart Attack
Treatment of Syncope
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Irregular Heartbeat
Treatment of Hole in the Heart
Treatment of Heart Specialist
Treatment of Angina
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
Treatment of Left Chest Pain
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension
Submit a review for Dr. K. AnandYour feedback matters!
My chest hurts and my throat feels very dry and aches badly when I swallow food, what's wrong? Is it the acidity or less blood in the body?
Chest me tightness rahta hai aur kabhi kabhi Ghabrahat hota hai Aur bich me typhoid bhi huaa tha usse pahle bhi ye problem tha aur abhi bhi Stomach bhi bhari bhari rahta hai Neend sahi se nahi aati hai. Please help.
Dear doctor, I am 64 years old suffering from hypertension from last 6 months. My bp is 160/ 100 and taking telmisartan 20mg + amlodipine 2.5 mg in the morning and at night. In addition I am taking metoprolol succinate extended release 12.5 mg after lunch hours. Ecg is normal. Blood sugar fasting 110 and after 2 hrs of meal is 145. Hb1ac - 6.4. I am afraid of taking metoprolol succinate because of its side effects. Amlodipine also causes water accumulation in legs and feets as I have read in books. Please advise me which medicine should I continue so that my bp and sugar remains in limits.
I am a student. Am 23 years old. At 28th december doctor found my pressure high 150/100. At that time when Dr. was checking my pressure I realized that my heart is pounding so quickly, I think its a panic. Doctor told me its a very dangerous, and I have got tensed. Now in my home when am checking my blood pressure its showing 122/76,122/80. After few days I went to the doctor and he found my pressure dat much high and I observed at that time my heart is running so quickly. I can not even made myself relax during the check and its showing high. Am totally fit before 28th december. Is it ok or there is any kind of problem. Now am to much tensed. please help me. Thank you.
Respected sir/ madam I am working in pharmaceutical 1 week pahele mere nose me Epoxy foor chemical ke vopurs gaye takriban half and hour continusly me Wahape tha. Badme 2 ghante Baad suddenly chest pain fever or weakness chest cough start huwa. Or 1 din Baad meri skin black jesi lagne lagi Mene doctor ke pass gaya unhone tablets diyi. Abhi fever nahi hai but chest cough headache or skin thodi black si lag rahi hai. Kya Ye early cancer ke symptoms to nahi hai. please reply.
I have taken up a preventive test and few items are inbred, please help interpret the report Cardiac Risk Makers:- apolipoprotein -A1 (APO-A1)-97mg/DL apolipoprotein -B (APO-A1)-97mg/DL High Sensitivity C Reactive Protein (hs-CRP)- 8.81mg/L APO B/APO A1 Ratio: 1 Liver apart amino transferase (SGOT)-38.5U/l Alanine Transaminase (SGPT)-52.7U/l Please note I have diabetes 2 and its avg of 140 I am on no medication from past 1 year.
Total cholesterol 278 Triglycerides 347 Ldl cholesterol 185 7 Suffering from hypertension ( avg 160/110) from 3-4 years Age 28 yrs Feels dizzy,cannot concentrate on work properly Doc suggested Triolmezest 40 mg daily after breakfast whole life Please help
Yoga is a great way to get rid of diseases and health conditions from heart problems to back pain, sciatica and depression. There exists a body of research suggesting that yoga is the best healing therapy for improving spine alignment and joint health. But on the flip side, research also suggests that yoga can’t cure cancers though it can help one deal with chemotherapy.
But you can certainly try yoga for these diseases and conditions
- Digestive disorders: There are a number of asanas and pranayamas like the child pose or bala asana and kapalbhati pranayama, which can alleviate indigestion, gas and flatulence. These also help in bowel movement. The Boat pose which is done by stretching your legs and arms straight out parallel in front of you and then raising legs so toes are above eye level is very good for stomach disorders and so is the downward dog pose.
- Back pain: More than 50 percent adults will face back pain due to a number of reasons in their lifetime. Simple stretching or yoga stretches can both help in the prevention of back pain. Tadasana is very good for aligning the vertebral column and getting rid of back pain. Surya namaskar stretches are very helpful too. You can also try Jatara Parivartanasana, Upavista Konasana or forward bends, Paschimottanasana or seated forward bend and Bhujangasana or cobra pose for back pain.
- Heart disease: Bhujangasana or cobra pose stretches the chest, massaging organs inside, including heart, and allowing more blood flow to it, thus stimulating and strengthening heart muscle. Kapalbhati pranayama is also very good for the heart since it increases the absorption of oxygen in the blood. Yoga is proven to be an excellent heart risk improvement practice according to current research too.
- Depression: Anulom vilom pranayama is extremely effective in tackling anxiety and depression. It slows down breathing and is effective against hypertension too when done regularly over a long time. The deep breathing done while doing this pranayama helps slow heart rate and allows the lungs to absorb more oxygen.
- Diabetes: Surya namaskar or the twelve sun salutation poses help control diabetes as it promotes the production of insulin. The corpse pose is good too.
- Headaches: Migraines and headaches are common problems that can be handled using yoga. Poses like Sirsasana that increase the flow of oxygen to the brain can alleviate migraines easily.
- Thyroid disorders: Yoga asanas like shoulder stand, inverted pose, plough pose and the fish pose all help in making the thyroid gland work optimally again. The cobra pose and Ujjayi pranayama also work wonders by re-balancing metabolism and working on the throat reflex pathways to cure thyroid imbalance.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!