Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. JyothikumarYour feedback matters!
Hello My brother suffered from epilepsy 1 year back. He took treatment and took medicine Rcinex for 1 year complete. Now he is a heavy drinker. Is it fine if he drinks when he had a history of epilepsy?
I having a problem of migraine for last to days. I took disprin but it's not so effective! Help please.
My mother 64 years is suffering from hereditary parkinson having unbalanced body, hand shaking, absent mindedness, loss of memory, difficulty in speech, excessive urination during night, lost control over urine and stool, no feeling of pain in lower legs and mostly winters are the most difficult times. So kindly suggest the remedy for parkinson
I am 70 Year Man having Problem with my Right Hand Fingers due to Nerve Compression especially my Right Hand Thumb and Index Finger Kindly advice.
I constantly have headaches accompanied by throbbing sensation in my head, especially in the morning. Sometimes the headache is on the left side of the brain, sometimes in the temple, accompanied by constant throbbing. At that moment, I feel like hitting myself in the head as I feel a little relief by doing this. Also, If I am exposed to the sunlight or hear loud music/noises, then also I get headaches. I consulted a doctor and he treated me with Migraine. The course ended for a month, but, the headache still keeps occurring. Further, I would like to conclude, that there are days when I tried not to eat any painkillers and face the pain, then, usually by night, I would have vomited twice or thrice before the headache subdues. What should I do?
I Had acute embolic infarct left side stroke. Narrow escape because of immediate hospitalisation. Please advise for future life.
I am having severe pain in my left cheek only when am in A/C or cold. I can not able to sit properly at work due to this pain. I am a patient of diabetic and a seizure. please suggest me some advice I want instant relief. Can this be relief by a pain killer.
Hi. I am teaching a student (girl), around 12 years old. From few days I saw her faint in the middle of class. It was started by epilepsy like symptoms. After 10 minutes she get normal. She lives in village with her grandmother. Her father is in town for earnings, they are poor. So can I suggest some medicines or suggestions to her? Kindly help me in the case, so that I can help her.
I have nerve problem which I get swollen muscles. I am 90% it is with nerve coz I have it in my whole hand. Wat shd I do?
There is stiching painnin my left thumb finger for 10 days. To day the pain extended to wrist along the nerve and the nerve pain is unbearable. Please advice me
My sister' s right hand shivers when she does any kind of work. It has also become weaker. The problem has emerged since last one year or so. Her age is 45+ years. Regular medication also doesn' t help. Please suggest any other treatment or medicines for curing or controlling this problem. I think it is a case of essential tremor, but some docs say its parkinson' s disease. Does parkinson' s disease afflict people before 50 years. Please help with your expertise.
What is the difference between seizure attack and panic attack. What do we call if someone gets sudden feeling of fear. Losing concentration. Becoming very sluggish. Unable to think logically. Mind goes blank. Unable to have restful sleep. Sudden change in appearance and behaviour and you will have this condition suddenly without any reason and whenever it happens others able to identify easily and by taking tablet at that time will make you normal again within couple of minutes. And no idea when it will reoccur again. What is it? why it happens and what to do to not to happen? Please advise.
I am 28 years old unmarried female. I have leg pain for last 6 months. I am unable to walk from my left leg from knee to toe. I feeling like numbness in my leg. I have to drag my left leg while walking. Please help.
My legs get numbness while keeping one leg on another leg. And it is normal when keeping straight. 3 years bach I had an accident had spine injury compression of D9, D10, D11 doctors told no need of surgery dont lift weights. But I used to lift weight sometime. Is there any problem.
I had sinus or migraine as one side face ache? Severe one sided face ache frequently what is it cure?
I am patient of brain tumor opted on 2003 now I am married. I gave my semen for test. Report was" azoospermia" What to do?
Epilepsy is a disorder of the central nervous system, thus it is basically a neurological disorder. In this the nerve cell activity of the brain is disrupted and causes seizures along with episodes of unusual behavior along with the loss of consciousness. The symptoms of the seizure can vary and some people with epilepsy just stare blankly for few seconds when a seizure takes place, while some twitch their arms and legs repeatedly.
Symptoms of Epilepsy:
As epilepsy is caused by the abnormal activities in the brain cells, seizures affect the processes with which the brain coordinates. Some signs and symptoms are:
- Staring blankly
- Confusion which is temporary
- Uncontrolled jerking movements of the legs and arms
- Loss of awareness and consciousness
- Psychic symptoms
Mostly the symptoms vary depending on the type of the seizure. The seizures are further classified into focal and generalized depending on which part of the brain shows abnormal activity.
When seizures are due to the abnormal activity of the cells in just one area then it is known as focal seizures. These seizures are of two types:
- Simple partial seizures or the focal seizures without loss of consciousness. These seizures basically alter the emotions and the things like change in smell, look, sound and taste. These also result in the involuntary jerking of the body like the legs and arms, with spontaneous sensory symptoms like the tingling and flashing of the lights.
- Complex partial seizures or the focal dyscognitive seizures. These seizures have a loss of awareness and consciousness. One might just stare blankly into space in this seizure and performs repetitive activities like swallowing, chewing, walking in circles and chewing.
There are six types of generalized seizures. These are:
- Absence seizures, also known as petit mal seizures, are commonly seen in children and are characterized by subtle body movements like lip smacking and eye blinking and staring blankly into space. These also cause loss of consciousness.
- Tonic seizures lead to stiffening of the muscles. These affect the muscles of the legs and arms and also cause to fall to the ground.
- Atonic seizures are also called as drop seizures. These cause loss of control in the muscles, thereby leading to collapse or fall.
- Clonic seizures are the rhythmic and jerking muscle movements. These affect the arms, face and neck.
- Myoclonic seizures appear as twitches in the arms and legs.
- Tonic-clonic seizures also known as grand mal seizures are very dramatic and lead to body stiffening, abrupt loss of consciousness, shaking and loss of bladder control and tongue biting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.