Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Jyothi Pramoth RoyYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old unmarried girl completed my engineering final year. I have got pain in left chest, left arm, left jaw, left hand ring fingr. Does this mean I may get an heart attack? n I even have fast breathing. Wat shud I do prevent it. Please repl am really worried. Thank you in advance.
My mom is having heart problem. So doctor suggested her to take Lupila-D and Etova-P 400 tablets. What are the precautions to be taken to avoid the heart problem.
I have little bit chest pain. Is it due heart. What's the precautions which food I should take and which to be avoided.
I am 21 years old. I am suffered unnecessary mind upset and increase heart beat and I feel inconvenient in all and I did not get regular period in every month. But my uncle was a doctor. He say I am suffered by blood infection in stating level. Please give powerful home remedies .Because I am a poor family. So kindly tell me what can I do. Please give solution doctor.
The major dangers of hypertension contributes to apoplexy, paralysis, loss of vision, heart attacks, gangrene, respiratory disorders etc.
Modern medicine is no doubt very beneficial in administration the blood pressure, but we all are well aware of a hidden danger which we all are concerned as the root cause of hypertension cannot be cured just by maintaining blood pressure, because once the body get used to the current dosage, it start to demand more amount or quantity of medicine and there start the trouble. Blood pressure get explode due to either non functioning of medicine or from reverse effects of body mechanism. And these are the situations leading to strokes and other complications in the body.
Apart from the well aware figures we have some other issues which I would like to discuss here:
A) self medication: people continue consume there b. P. Medicines no matter they are working or not just to avoid going to there doctors, people even increase or decrease the dosage without any professional opinion.
B.) sedentary lifestyle: people do eat junk food in huge quantities and avoid any kind of physical works. Even for covering 200 meter distance people prefer to use a two wheeler or even cars
C) alcohol: if contains majority of carbohydrates and hence indirectly contributes in increasing the amount of cholesterol (which is dangerous cause of heart attacks and many diseases - see my previous articles)
D) stress: it may play a very major role, people with high stress tends to have increased level of triglycerides (type of cholesterol) in there body
I am 16 years old. I sometimes feel a sharp pain in my chest sometimes in the left side but more often in the right side. It pains for 8 to 10 seconds and then stops. I am fit and fine but only the heart pains sometimes. Additional information: I have acnes (like 2 to 3 are produced in 10 days and it is significantly reduced as compared to a year ago). Some hairs of mine have also turned white (10-15).
I am 43 years old, female. I have fatty liver and ischemic heart problem and high cholesterol. I take regular ceruvin 75 What food is perfect for me?
I am now age of 52. No have b. P./ sugar problem. Good health & aptitude. Sex will also good. What treatment needed to be good sex life in my age? Also suggest healthy food. Thanks!
I am 64 years old. Height 173cm weight is 77 kg. Asthmatic from long time. Having High BP since 8 yrs. It's Continuously around 200/130. Done ECG and other test many times, nothing found. Now suffering from sleeplessness and cough. Taking Amlokind AT and minipress 100 for BP. What should do?
Cholesterol is a vital component, which helps the body to make healthy cells. This wax like component is found in the lipid of the blood. An increased cholesterol count elevates the risk of heart diseases in a person. It thickens the vessels of the arteries resulting in less oxygen flow in the heart. This, in turn, increases the chances of a stroke. High cholesterol can happen from lifestyle habits and inheritance. It is completely treatable and preventable.
What causes high cholesterol?
The blood carries the cholesterol which is attached to the proteins. The combination of cholesterol and protein is known as the lipoprotein. Primarily there are two different kinds of cholesterol that the lipoprotein carries:
- Low-density lipoprotein: LDL is the bad guy that carries all kinds of cholesterol present in the body. It eventually rests on the walls of the arteries, making it narrow and hard.
- High-density lipoprotein: This is the good guy which scans the excess cholesterol and take them back to the liver.
Ideally, the body should have low LDL and high HDL. But often the reverse happens, resulting in high cholesterol and cardiac diseases. Factors such as unhealthy diet, inactivity for most of the day and obesity is responsible for the same. Even the genetic set up can play a hand in a high count of LDL in the body. There is nothing that can be done in this case except to seek medical help.
6 factors that put you at risk:
- Poor diet: Cholesterol levels are dramatically increased when baked products and saturated fats are consumed in an excess amount. Other high cholesterol food products include dairy products, processed fats and red meat. Refraining from this food items will drastically reduce the chances of getting high cholesterol in the body.
- Obesity: Obesity results from too much of fat storage in the body. It not only fatigues a person faster, but puts a person at high risk of getting cholesterol. The body mass index should be always lesser than 30 to abstain the risk of cholesterol.
- Waist circumference: A waist circumference of more than 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women can increase the risk of cholesterol.
- Diabetes: This is one of the major causes of high cholesterol. It not only damages the artery lining, but results in higher LDL and lower HDL.
- Less workout: Leading a life which is devoid of exercise and jogging can increase the chances of getting high cholesterol. Exercise boost HDL count in the body and mitigates the risk of low HDL.
- Smoking: The blood vessel walls get damaged with smoking. The blood vessels start accumulating fatty acids thereby increasing the chances of getting high cholesterol.