Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Justin VensYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my left leg since I got chikungunya. It doesn't pains all the time but in the morning it feels like hell. Some say it will last for a year. Can anyone suggest any solution as it produce difficulties in walking.
I am 32 years old, JAB MAIN MORNING ME JAGTA HU TAB MERE PET ME DARD REHTA HE. FIR FRESH ONE KE BAD DARD NAHI HOTA THA PAR AB KABHI BHI DARD HO JATA HAI ULTRASOUND KI REPORT ME FATTY LEVER, SUJAN HAI. MERE KO GAS BHI BHUT BANTI HAI. OR URIC ACID KI BHI PROBLEM HAI. HATH PERO ME JHANJHNAHAT HOTI REHTI HAI. SAUCH BHI KHUL KAR NAHI HOTI OR KABHI KABHI DO DIN KE BAD HOTI HAI. YE TAKLIF MUJHE 2 SAAL SE HAI. KAFI ILAAJ KARWA RHA HU LEKIN KOI FAYDA NHI HUA HAI.
I am not able to grab anything with my right hand, there is a muscle wasting in the web between the thumb and the index finger. There is very less strength in the thumb, index and middle finger. For example, I cannot press a clip with my right hand. Can this be fixed by ayurveda treatment?
I want home medicine for sciatica. Is it helpful. If yes please tell me which drops to take. Severe pain in thighs calf region of leg and sole of feet. Burning is also there.
I am a 31 years old. Left shoulder in paining from last 6 monhs and thum finger is good no work I am very unconscious feel in left thump. what should i do sir ?
I am suffering with frozen shoulder last five years. Pleage guide me to come out; best regards vipin patel belgium
Hello Doc, My wife have a serious problem in her intimate part. Is that any type of infection. She have pain in legs. We start a treatment. And doctor say that maybe she has infection in her intimate part. Can you please help?
The age of my wife is 53. She is sugar patient. As on date her fasting sugar label 150 and PP sugar label is 210. She fit and fine and taking alopathic medicine. Please suggest homoeopathic medicine for her. Since last few days she is suffering shoulder and knee pains.
I am 22 years old female, I am feeling pain in muscles from 3-4 days, I am feeling tired and weak, I live in lado Sarai new Delhi ,it is a very unhygienic area, and in my coaching class many students are suffering from several viral fevers like dengue, typhoid etc. I am also having 2-3 red rashes on my back and hand, and I am drinking lots of water but still feeling dry mouth, appetite is also lost, should I go for typhoid test? Are these symptoms of typhoid?
I am 39 years old, my height is 5 feet 3 inch and 65/66 kg my problem is that my left ankle bone (calcaneus) is pain during standing/walk for few minutes. I don't carry any heavy material/do any hardworking. I have tested uric it normal. Please kindly advice.
My mother is around 78 year and she fell down and she has small hip fracture and doctor suggested that this will recover by having vitamin tablet so can you suggest which tablet are good or any other treatment?
Today morning I was running on the road, suddenly my feet was trapped in hall which was at the center of road. After that time my feet was paining. Please advise.
Dear Dr. Iam 32 years old and I have severe foot pain, burning sensation and because of this I could not sleep. Everyday morning i am feeling drowsy. Please advise me how I can rectify this.
Hi, experiencing a slow continuous pain in right arm. It increases while working on computer. I feel like less active compare to the left one. Please suggest.
I am 30 year old, and I have ACL injury on 17 june 2017 during dancing. And I do essential exercise daily for the recovery of ACL injury, is there surgery is necessary for ACL injury. By exercises it can possible to recover injury. Please tell me sir. And my other question is. How to reduce my body weight during ACL injury. Please sugest me the right path. Sir.
Hi, I have pain in my left leg heel. My uric acid level is 7.8 and fasting sugar level is 100, Please advise.
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone: The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.