Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JunedhaYour feedback matters!
When I press the surrounding area of my right nipple one or two drop watery discharge are coming it is not happened with the left one. What is the reason for this no pain is there?
Since past 4 months I am experiencing heavy white discharge. The discharge is thick and white in colour. It has a foul smell. Also since last one month I have lost my appetite. I got married on 17/11/2015. Please tell me what should I do to control heavy flow of white discharge.
I had oral sex with my girlfriend on 20/9/2015. Her periods date was 28/9/2015. We did not had sexual intercourse. But she is not having her periods till date. She also said that most of the times her periods are late from the date expected. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Should I get a pregnancy test done on her?
Hi I always have some small cuts, or burning sensation and dryness in my vagina due to which I can not make love to my husband. Please suggest something.
Is wearing a bra during sleep good? Does removing bra whole night while sleeping leads to sagging breasts having them hang down? Is it true that our breasts get firm by wearing bra during sleep?
I recently had an medical abortion and I taught it was over with the bleeding. During the 3 week that I taught it was done I still went and had intercourse and the guy come in me is it possible I am pregnant.
Brown discharge from breast nipple myself 41 female. My periods are irregular m also thyroid blood pressure sugar complaints over weight 140kg. For thyroid i am taking eltroxin 50 for blood pressure telmikind am and for sugar glynase mf 1 tablet before lunch and half tablet before evening.
I have irregular menstrual cycle My weight has gone high doctor said I have cyst Low thyroid Pls give some suggestions to get regular menstrual cycle and to reduce weight .
My last period date was 25th December 2016, I missed my period and got 2 home pregnancy test at 28 Jan. What are do's and dont for me.
I am 32. TTc from 17th months. I have PCOS, every-month I go through with follicular monitoring and many medicines but not luck yet. Am tired now and loosing my hope. Is there any medicine in homeopathy which can help me in this or I should go with IUI?
M 18 years old.In the vaginal area outside n inside there is a small finger like projections are coming out. N leads to intense itching, n burning sensation. N if I pull it turns out n leds to bleeding. N small bubble like things are also there which is very itching. What shall I do. please help me.
Every month I have periods on the same date or 2 to 3 days early. But this month which means May 3rd I should have got my periods but I didn't. I am married 4 months back and even tried checking whether I'm pregnant using pregnancy tester. But the result was negative. Could anyone let me know what would be the reason for periods miss and any suggestions pls.
Regular medical checkups and tests can be very helpful in prevention of cancer and growth of malignant cells or tumours. With the increase in the rates of cervical cancer, gynaecological checkups are of utmost need. For effective cervical cancer prevention, Pap smear bears the maximum number of success rates.
Pap smear is a medical procedure that helps to detect cancer or signs of other cervical infections. The Pap smear test however cannot detect ovarian cell cancer or uterine cancer. It is known to detect changes only in the vaginal cells and cervical dysplasia. Cervical dysplasia refers to the growth of pre-cancerous cells.
How this test is conducted?
1. Pap smear is conducted when the woman is not menstruating.
2. An instrument called speculum is inserted into one’s vagina to be able to access the cervix more easily.
3. Pap smear involves the collection of sample cells from the outer cervix area.
4. Cervical brush is inserted into the speculum and the sample cells are collected.
5. Then, the samples are put on a glass slide for further evaluation.
6. The Pap smear procedure takes only a few minutes bu can prevent serious medical problems in the long run.
7. The Pap smear is not a painful procedure, though it may be slightly uncomfortable for a few minutes only.
Who can undergo Pap smear?
1. Women can undergo Pap smear procedures once they are of 21 years of age and are generally sexually active
2. Women can go for pap smears up to the age of 70
3. Pap smears should be conducted preferably every two or three years
4. Women aged 65 and above and who have had no abnormalities in the last three consecutive tests, may stop taking pap smears
5. Before undergoing the test, it is important to stop douching and using vaginal creams for at least 2 days.
6. If there has been a case of multiple and frequent change of sexual partners, then you must go for Pap smear frequently
7. Women with weak immune system and who bear the risk of HIV Aids
8. Women who are heavy smokers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 25 years old women am planning for a pregnancy. But last two months I got menses cycle. Either I need to consult the doctor or any other way to solve the issue. Kindly advice us.
Welcome to spring summer season! The undeniably most popular season of the year is here. As winter melts into spring, the birds, bees, flowers, trees and human hearts are all nourished by more and more sunlight. We may bask in that sunlight, but often we find ourselves still sluggish from winter, with too much on our plates and seasonal allergies to boot! The wisdom of Ayurveda is here to help us balance the shift of seasons and get us glowing, not sneezing all spring.
Spring is also about new beginnings, setting roots that sustain us in summer and fall. This spring, let’s commit to sustaining and thriving- through balance, deep breaths, clean closets and cleansed bodies! In Ayurveda, the Indian classical Medicine used by yogi’s for thousands years, spring is ruled the elements fire and water, which combine to make pitta dosha or bodily constitution. In spring we work to shed the excess of winter and balance the amount of fire and water in our systems. Too much water combined with excess earth leaves us feeling heavy, muddy and full of toxins (ama). Too much fire and we’re angry, over heated, over doing, full of allergies and without enough time.
Too much fire and water at the same time leaves our bodies taxed, inflamed and pressurized (think sinus headache). Spring is ruled by the organs of liver and gallbladder, our main organs for cleansing and processing toxins. Our liver processes allergens that come from pollen and pollution, but if our liver is taxed, it has a hard time working as smoothly. Using Ayurveda we cool our heat with water, and cleanse with fire. When we are balanced we have healthy fire, creativity, action and ideas, and the coolness of water to stay hydrated and go with the flow. The wisdom of Ayurveda helps us live in balance with the season and the natural world around us, which is ultimate challenge in our modern urban world, however, it is so worth it!
Here are basic tips to get you going.
- Clear out your closet - clean your house: It sounds basic but de-cluttering your space will help you de-clutter your mind. They say the body is the temple of the mind, and it’s much easier to clean the temple of the body and mind when the literal temple of the home is clear. Get new plants and increase the amount of fresh green things in your living space.
- Clean your body: Spring is the perfect time for a mild Ayurvedic cleanse to reduce toxins (ama) from winter. Since spring is ruled by the organs liver and gallbladder, it the perfect time to give those organs a break. It’s like an oil change for your body.
Try cutting out sugar, alcohol, dairy, caffeine, cooked oils and red meat for 2 weeks just to give your body a break. The first 3 days are the hardest, it gets easier after that! Getting a friend or partner to join helps a lot too. Increase your intake of water, yoga, rest and alkaline foods (green veggies, fruits, whole grains, raw olive oil, avocados). If you have allergies, increase your intake of bitter, sour and astringent flavours. Bitter veggies (arugula, mustard greens, dandelion greens) support the liver and gallbladder, helping to cleanse the system. The excess of winter is all about sweet, heavy comfort foods. Now is the time to cleanse those out of the system.
The simplest pranayama practice is samma vrtti, count to 5 as you inhale and 5 as you exhale. Take a short pause after the inhale and after the exhale, as a reminder to pause and take space! If you feel especially hot, stressed or need to relax, lengthen the exhale (5 in, 8 out). 12 rounds of breath is perfect. Then sit or put your legs up for the remainder of the 10 minutes. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Signs of dehydration
1. Dry mouth syndrome
2. Skin is scrappy and dry
3 fighting constant headaches
4. Urine becomes dark in colour
5. Trouble with dry eyes.