Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Julius PunnenYour feedback matters!
Iam suffering from the chest pain some some times a lot left side so please send me hints to control.
Hi, I am 27 years old male, I have nerves problem, shivering problem. I feel fear and palpitation. In my schooling time did masturbation but stopped 4 years before. Can you please tell me any remedy for me?
I have chest pain from 5 months but it occurs not frequently if occurs after 4-5 days and the type of pain is sometime sharp and sometime burning I get very discomfort while pain and feel very scary please suggest me proper advice and treatment.
My mother has fluctuating BP, i. E in an hour her bp was tested three times when it showed at the first time a very high bp as much as 160 whole later it subsides in the next two times and the last time it seems normal. What is this exactly?
Hi my father's age is 55 and he is suffering from high blood pressure from last 15 days (bp- 100-200), he is suffering from diabetes also from last 5 months. Pls concern what should we do?
I am 22 years sir I want to know that my ECG test is normal thats means my hearts functioning is normal or what it means ecg normal? Im also very quick in tired short breath they want me to do echo test. Actually I am having gastritis treatment this days.
My Blood Triglyceride level very high before 3 month its 430, my doctor proscribed me Tonact TG for two months. After tw0o month TG level down at 90 and I stop to use Tonact TG. I am regular doing Yoga but after 3 month my TG level goes high again its 240. And it is increasing. Is it any other problem associated with it or it is directly affect my heart. What kind of permanent treatment I should use to establish my TG under control value.
Today at 1 pm I feel heaviness in my chest and sweating. My trop T test is negative. My cholesterol is 255 and tg is 275 and BP 175/105.
Therefore, most people should not take the widely used supplement, also known as vitamin B3, according to an editorial in the New England Journal of Medicine that was published along with the results of the randomised trial.
My mother has hypertension, sugar, right bundle branch block. Recently she is feeling an unusual tremor in a particular nerve near neck at the left side towards the chin. She is also suffering from sleep less Ness. We have consulted several doctor to no result. She is becoming extremely weak. Can't eat properly. What to do?
I am a 23 year old man, I have been having sharp sensation in my chest since I started smoking. Have tried with some home made remedies. But none have worked. Please suggest on how to curb the pain.
I think amlodipine cause my heart pounding - palpitation. Like its racing. Should I stop amlodipine and take only atenolol ? Or any other alternative ?
I am 19 years old male I want toh loose some weight. cholesterol n want to be fit and healthy in my coming life. So what can I do.
I am Anand my friend is suffering from heart pain from last 4 days can you suggest me how to treat him.
My height Is 6 ft age 44 yrs. Recently I did my lipid and my hdl is 30 and ldl is 80. What I can I do to increase my hdll.
Hi, I am getting chest pain and irritability in right side of chest when usually if not sleep well last day night.
I am suffering from High Blood Pressure since November 2015 that time was 200/120 now on 21/01/2016 is 130/90. So please tell me ayurvedic treatment.
I had chest treating I went to a doctor hi told to do test angiogram but it showed normal another test stress it showed strongly but doctor told it would be gastric now after two months I have still pain now the doctor told it would be IHD now it is risk to my life and my age is 30.
Do you know that cholesterol is found in baby formula and has got some surprising facts about them? Cholesterol is a waxy, fat like substance which is present in all your cells, and your body’s cholesterol level says a lot about the health of your heart in the future. Having high cholesterol increases your risk of acquiring heart diseases and hence, you should try to maintain a normal cholesterol level.
Here are some surprising facts about cholesterol, which you should know about:
- You cannot live without cholesterol: We are born with cholesterol in our bodies and infants get more cholesterol from mother’s milk. This is why cholesterol is added to baby formula. All the hormones and cells of your body need cholesterol for proper functioning. It also builds the cells and helps the liver to prepare fat processing acids.
- One out of three adults have high cholesterol: It is important for all people above the age of 20 to get a cholesterol checkup every five years. According to studies, around 32% of adults in the USA have got high cholesterol levels. Your cholesterol levels may also be affected by factors such as your diet and stress.
- High cholesterol can be genetic: Genetics is a major influencing factor in high cholesterol levels. Research has proven that almost 75% of high cholesterol cases are genetic in nature while 25% occur because of diet.
- Children can have high cholesterol as well: There is a common misconception that high cholesterol is an issue involving adults only. However, children may also have high cholesterol and it is recommended for you to get your child tested at an early age. For children who are obese and have a family history of heart attacks and high cholesterol, a selective screening is important.
- Sweating raises the levels of good cholesterol: Sweating is good for increasing the levels of good cholesterol in your body. You should follow a healthy diet including food items like avocado and salmon. Working out is also important for raising your HDL levels, which prevent heart disease.
- Supplements may help in lowering cholesterol levels: The first option for controlling your cholesterol levels is to work out regularly. If you are at a risk of heart attack or have hypercholesterolemia, you have to bank on supplements such as plant stanols and sterols. You can also take cholesterol reducing medications such as statins.
Earlier, the medical community was reserved about prescribing cholesterol lowering medicines and they were given only to critical heart patients. In modern day, statin treatment is recommended to people who have even little chances of heart attacks or stroke.