Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jr KrishnamurthyYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old married girl, my colour complexion is dark day by day and also pimple problem, nd acne, pls tell me about my (oily skin) problem.
I have a big pimple which occured during my periods a month back. It looks like a sort of pus. I had shown it to a dermatologist who gave me azathin, 500 mg for 6 days (3 medicines for 3 days, then a break of 4 days and then again 3 medicines for 3 days). It didn't improve and again the doctor asked me to repeat that cycle. However, it is still the same. Kindly guide.
Hai sir, I'm 16 years old. Can you suggest me the best anti-dandruff shampoo. Because, I'm tired of using some anti-dandruff shampoos which couldn't worked. Not shampoo only, I could try anything you suggests me. Please help me sir.
My hair quality is too poor even regular conditioning doesn't works and they are quite wavy. How can I improve there quality and get straight hair.
What to do preventing hair fall? Is any side effects are there? Any deficiency? I need to know my any related problem? Is any cure there for preventing hair fall? Is there any medicine to cure this? How much chance that I could cure to this? please reply me.
I'm 24, I'm facing hair thinning problem. Though it's not major I'm worried as i have grey hair problem aswell, is there any treatment available for this? Also I'm a student from australia what are the options or suggestions. Thanks you
Hair loss is a mammoth problem that many people are suffering from. Hair fall/loss can affect both men and women. While genes play a vital role, there are usually other reasons as well like, hormonal imbalances, an under-active thyroid gland, nutritional deficiencies and insufficient blood circulation to the scalp. We are all naturally blessed with a crown full of hair, while the texture, color and volume may differ.
During middle ages we may experience loss of hair, which can be explained as completion of the life cycle of some hair follicles. Hair keep falling and new hair keeps growing in its place. Hair loss is seen when growth of new hair is hampered. Keep your hair!
Hair fall/loss can be due to variety of causes. However, many of them can be controlled and dealt with. Most common cause is nutrient deficiency which can be rectified by oral medications and supplements. There are medicines available for local application which are also known to give significant results.
Treatments like mesotherapy, microneedling, low-level laser therapy and PRP therapy show significant long term effects. Consulting a specialist and taking treatments and medications will help you in dealing with hair loss.
Here are a few things you could do to keep your hair on for longer:
Keep them Clean: Washing your hair more often and keeping them clear of dirt and dust will keep them healthy for a longer time.
Tie Them up: Tying up your hair prevents them from damage and breakage especially while you sleep.
Choose right Products: The hair oils, shampoos, conditioners and any other products should be chosen after consultation with a trichologist or a dermatologist.
Do not lose time. Losing time would mean losing more hair. Meet a trichologist or a dermatologist right away and find a solution to your problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
My wife is 32 years old. She is suffering from hairs falling. We r consulting a doctor since 9 Sep 16 but no any relief so I want some advice and medicine plz.
HI my age is 25 and from some months I am having acne pbm so please tell me how to cure this? I hv dry skin and now I am using Himalaya face wash. But there is no changes in my skin so please tell me which cream or lotion should I try?
I have black spot as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
The skin is a major organ. It protects the human body from coming in contact with germs, infections and microbes; it helps you feel sensations and also adjusts your body temperature. Keeping in mind the range of functions performed by this organ, you should take good care of it.
A healthy diet and a few healthy habits can give an extra edge to your skin. Try to know about these seven fruits that successfully improve your skin.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate juice can work wonders for your skin. It can heal lines and freckles on being used regularly. The fruit contains polyphenols that counter free radicals and increase blood flow. It makes your skin healthy through detoxification. Pomegranates can prevent as well as treat skin damages caused by ultraviolet rays of the sun. The peel of the fruit is used along with seed oil, encourages cell growth and hinders wrinkles naturally. It averts enzymes, which break down collagen and make your skin look younger.
- Bananas: Whether you like the taste of it or not, care to include this fruit in your beauty regime for its many benefits. It contains amino acids that are known to increase your skin elasticity. The fruit also contains Zinc and Potassium. While Zinc fights against bacterial infection and prevents Acne, Potassium hydrates a dehydrated skin. Do not throw away banana skins; the inside of a banana skin when rubbed on your face can make it glow.
- Watermelon: This juicy, refreshing fruit refreshes your skin as well. It contains astringent that can naturally tone your skin. It revitalizes dull and boring skin. When you return home after a tiring day, it is best to cleanse your face with a refrigerated slice of this fruit. The red fruit controls signs of aging because of its carotene content. It is also known to prevent blisters on your skin when applied on a regular basis.
- Papaya: Pigmentation is a serious problem that many of us suffer from. Treating the problem through medication works but daily skin care is also needed. Mashed papaya helps in smoothening rough skin. It makes your skin really supple. Many tend to develop wrinkles at an early age. This hampers confidence as you are constantly worried about the way you look. Applying papaya masks can actually control wrinkles.
- Kiwi: Kiwi is known to contain Omega- 3 fatty acids; these acids defend your skin from germs. They prevent you from horrible skin infections. However, the fruit prevents your skin from sagging. It is rich in Vitamin C, which again helps in producing collagen. Kiwi checks the levels of sebum excretion reducing the chances of having a sticky face.
- Oranges: If you are tired of the blackheads on your skin, you have a home remedy to deal with it. Oranges are brilliant in extracting blackheads. Orange juice is also known to lighten one's skin tone. It reduces blemishes and treats acne. Consuming the fruit or its juice regularly can give you a radiant skin.
- Apples: You should wholeheartedly believe in the saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away". Apples are good for your skin as they have a BLT effect. Apples brighten and lighten your skin. They provide protection against tanning. The fruit acts effectively on your skin by doing away with the pathogens and excess oils.
Related Tip: "Risks and Treatment of Dry Skin"