Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Joshini JosephYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes over Last week What should I do? Whatever I look its seen Blur. I mean I am feeling trouble to see objects properly.
Hello I am manpreet singj I am 21 year old my eyesight is weak I used specks for my eyes. But my right eye has weak eyedit then left it decrease continuously please suggest me ome good medicine.
My question about my eyes. My eye side is getting worst day by day. I wear glasses but without it I can't even watch. Please suggest me.
I Have The Problem In My Eyes Whenever I Sit Near The AC, I Get A Severe Pain In My left Eye and get A Very hectic Headache.
I have problem in my right eye. Doctor called it CSR. They mentioned it is due to tension and overwork. They also mentioned that there is no cure for this in. This world. Can anyone help me on this. Due to this I can see black round dot when I saw from right eye. Pleas help.
Astigmatism is a typical vision problem that occurs when the shape of the cornea is distorted due to injuries or other causes. With astigmatism, the lenses of the eye or the cornea curves. This irregular curve can change the way light refracts or passes through your retina. This causes hazy, fluffy, or twisted vision. Farsightedness and partial blindness are two different sorts of issues with the way light goes to your retina. Farsightedness is called hyperopia. Partial blindness is called astigmatism.
Types: There are two types of Astigmatisms. These are:
- Corneal astigmatism: It happens when your cornea itself is distorted.
- Lenticular astigmatism: Lenticular astigmatism happens when your lens is distorted.
Risks: Astigmatism can happen in youngsters and grown-ups. Your danger of creating astigmatism might be higher if you have any of the following:
- A family history of astigmatism or other eye issues like dislocation of the cornea.
- Scarring or diminishing of your cornea
- Excessive partial blindness, which makes foggy vision at a separation
- Excessive farsightedness, which makes hazy close-up vision
- A past of eye surgeries, for example, cataract surgery (surgical expulsion of a blurred focal point)
Symptoms: The side effects of astigmatism include:
- Hazy, Bended, Or Fluffy Vision At All Separations (Close-Up And Far Away)
- Trouble seeing during evening
- Lazy eye
- Irritation in the eye
- Cerebral Pains
- Visual Acuity Assessment Test: Patients are required to read letters from a graph at a particular distance to decide how well they can see the letters.
- Refraction Test: A refraction test uses a machine called an optical refractor. The machine has various remedial glass lenses that are used to read an outline while looking through lenses on the optical refractor.
- Keratometry: Keratometry is a route for your specialist to measure the bend of your cornea. They will do this by taking a look at your eye through a keratometer.
- Corrective Lenses: Remedial eyeglasses and contact lenses prescribed by a specialist are the most well-known and least obtrusive solution for astigmatism.
- Orthokeratology: Orthokeratology is a treatment that uses contact lenses to correct the deformation and flow of your cornea. You will wear inflexible contact lenses for certain time-periods. It is easier to wear them while you are sleeping and remove them during the day.
Surgery: Your specialist may suggest refractive surgery if your case is a serious one. This kind of surgery includes use of lasers or little blades to reshape your cornea. This will correct astigmatism permanently. The three basic surgeries for astigmatism are:
- Laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)
- Spiral keratotomy (RK).
All these surgeries might carry some risks depending upon the symptoms of your problem. As innovation advances, it is very important for the patient to explore more options before choosing which refractive surgery is a good fit for him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.
My father has High myopia. Due to that and high tension, his vitreous humour dried off. This again came up with tearing of his retina. So he has internal bleeding in his eyes. This was also caused by the degeneration in his eyes as per the doctors. Now due to the blood he is unable to see clearly. I also studied biology and with that small l knowledge, isn't there any way to help my father. Can't the vitreous humour be replaced by any other fluid suitable at the same place for the same purpose. How much would it cost approximately. Also suggest if there is any other way to solve this problem. What are the ways to stop the degeneration in the eyes. His second eye is also under degeneration. What are the ways to stop it. Please respond.
Dear sir if I have RD in my one eye for 10 Years and can not see with it. Is there any chance my good eye will have rd in future due to effected eye.
I think I have a problem with my eyes. They keep watering all the time. No nasolacrimal duct block or lacrimal hyperstimulation syndrome detected. What can it be?
My eyes always become red and specially after bath I have an itching problem in my eyes as well. It's been there since very childhood.
Doctor suggested my father for endoscopic DCR surgery for his eye. I am curious to know whether any exercise are their to avoid surgery as I heard that specific exercise in this regard can work. Please guide me about decision. Note that age mentioned below is the age of my father which is 63 now.
What does the term" cataract mature mean. Pl explain. How long can one wait to get the cataract operated?(i've been diagnised with cataract 2 months ago? Please Advise.
Never consult a spectacle shop (optometrist like titaneye, lenskart or any local spectacle shop) for your eye complaints. He is qualified and licensed to check eye power only which is just one of hundred causes of blurring of vision or headache
In case an optometrist prescribes any serious medication then most probably he or she is committing a crime.
Problem in vision can be due to problem in cornea, lens, refraction issues, retinal pathology or problem of nerves or eye muscles or glaucoma (eye pressure).
Your optometrist knows how to measure eye power officially and has a degree in optometry. The quality of his degree is questionable in the current commercialized field of healthcare.
You may have lost critical time and your vision by the time you actually visit a eye surgeon since your optometrist assured you that all is well or wrongly sold you a eyeglass when the disease is somewhere else.
Their advise is not legally valid as well unlike eye surgeon, so you cannot hold him responsible for wrong diagnosis as well.
Consult online/ book offline appointment/take second opinion at www. Lybrate. Com/arjunkumarsingh or lybrate app.
Doctor has 34 yrs experience in eye care and experience of 50000 eye surgeries and has pioneered phaco surgery in undivided bihar in 1995 and was the second person to do the surgery in eastern india and central india.