Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
What are the charges for lasik laser of cylindrical no 4.75 both eyes (myopia) and how much time patient have to undergo precautions? How much age required for it? Yours affectionately.
I have a problem with my eyes. After using mobile phone water comes from my eyes. Any instant treatment available for this problem.
I am 22 and my eys go red and watery mostly in sun. Sometimes a white spots is seen in my right eye and it is painfully to see anything. Give me suggestions please.
I want to improve my eye sight natural ways. Please help me out with this. Any suggestions is also ok.
From few days sir. My eyes is paining very much after using my laptops or watching television I have glaucoma diseases and I use iotim eye drop regularly for 2 times a day wht did I do now sir please give me some suggestion sir.
My right eye is -0.75& left is -0.50. I have a my glasses but when I put it down I can not see far its look like fog wht should I do??.
I am 71 years old I am always gets weep from eyes, some docters said it is allergy, what should I have to do ? 2. I am having joint pains for long 4 years reumotology treatment follows but not so well give me suggestion.
Hello sir i'm 22, i've recently got specs.I've plus number - 2.92 only in left eye. is it possible to reduce it naturally? i've lately been having severe headaches and I feel drowsy all day even after sleeping well through the night! what are the remedies for getting rid of numbers apart from any kind of surgery? it stresses me a lot and its impacting my studies and concentration. Kindly revert asap. Thank you.
So I have this compulsive need to wash my eyes with tap water every few hours. I have been doing that for weeks now. Every time I washed my eyes, they burned. Today I found out that the Dettol Liquid Handwash I use to wash my hands doesn't completely wash out of my hand. Even after rinsing, a part of it still stays there. Maybe that goes into my eye and causes the burning and irritation. I don't have any such symptom today as I did not wash my eyes today. Can this cause me any long term problem in my eyes?
I have red eyes from last two months what can I do. I have computer operating job. please concern me about this problem.
I would like to know about proteins for bodybuilding. Is this good for health or is there any side effects like hair fall, eyes weakness, sex problem.
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.