Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Joseph NavaseelanYour feedback matters!
If a person is infected with HIV from blood transfusion, after how many days the symptoms start to show?
I have been consuming marijuana from 2012. I have stopped the habit now. For how long does the THC remain in the body?
Indigestion, stomach burning sensation, back pain, loose motion and also vomiting due to indigestion of food occurs after every 3 to 4 days. These r the symptoms. Please let me know what may be the reason?
My Son who is 9 years old has polyuria since last one year. We got Urine ,Urine culture, KFT ,Sugar, ADH test but all are fine .Please advise next steps.
I have pain in my head. Its a very bad pain but after sometimes it will gone and come after few hours. What should I do?
Respected doctor. My question related to bend penis. Bend to left side10. 30 on watch. How to straight my penis to become normal condition please ans: doctor.
There is lot of wax in my ears. I tried to remove it by my fingers but still there is wax inside my ears and I have also put some drops of mustard oil in my ears but even that drop was convert into wax and now my ears are paining. What should I do? My right ear is paining very badly.
I have blood sugar 347before fasting and 396 aftr break fast im taking tablets teldil40 mg. But still there is no change so please hlp me and im 23 M.
I am suffering from headache over 7 days. I am even unable to speak and focus on studies. What should I do?
Dear doctor I have skin problem like fungal infection b/w the legs and somewhere in my back. Since one year I used many ointments like quadriderm, demikem OC, etc but I get relief from these for 2-3 days only. I didn't get any permanent solution for the same Can you please help me out Anshu.
I have itching in my body for the past 4 days. I do not know whether it is due to increase in temperature. I avoid going between 11 am and 4 pm Will you please prescribe tablet for in intake. I apply caladryl lotion and use absorb powder Please prescribe medicine/tablet for intake. Thanks.
I am 65 years old and have Type 2-DM [(Fasting 97- 140 mg/dl & random 180-235 BP 60 to 90 (lower) & 120 to 170 (upper) Clinical report dated 28/2/2015 Lipid Profile: Cholesterol 230 mg/dl, Triglyceride 71 mg/dl, HDL 65 mg/dl, LDL 151 mg/dl, VLDL 14 mg/dl, CKL/HDL ratio 3.5, LDL/HDL ratio 2.3 Liver function Test: all normal Renal Profile: Blood Urea 14 mg/dl, Creatinine 0.94 mg/dl, Sodium 128 Mmol/L Potassium 4.5 Mmol/L From 25 December to 29 December 2015 I suffered from Acute Gastric and Acidity Trouble and taking medicine OSTO MAX (1 OD), PAN D (1 Before BF), Neurolac-OD (1 OD) As on today I feel relieved from acidity Cardiology Department advised ECHO test after 2 weeks.
Is masturbating daily without ejaculation harmful? Same as masturbation with ejaculation? Or masturbating without ejaculation has benefits than other?
4 Superfoods and home remedies to get rid of acidity
Excessive secretion of stomach acids brings about the problem of acidity with heartburn and dyspepsia being its common symptoms. There are foods as well as home remedies that can help you to get rid of this problem.
Some of them are:
1. Bananas - Being an excellent source of potassium, this fruit helps to keep acid production in balance. Moreover, certain elements in bananas aid in increasing the production of stomach mucus that helps to protect the organ from adverse effects of excessive acid production. Even its high fiber content promotes digestion, preventing the occurrence of acidity once again.
2. Ginger - Consuming ginger can help to bring about a significant improvement in digestion, superior absorption as well as proper assimilation of important nutrients. This root is helpful in protecting your body from stomach ulcers by enabling mucus production, thereby decreasing the negative effects of acid on the stomach.
3. Melons - Melons are also extremely good for fighting acidity. They have a pH of 6.1 and can be had as whole or as fruit juice. Whether it is watermelons or honeydew, these are refreshing fruits filled with nutrients. Each bite of a watermelon, for instance, contains high levels of Vitamins A, C, and B6, amino acids, antioxidants and lycopene as well as potassium.
4. Mint leaves - Even mint leaves are helpful in slowing down the acid buildup in the stomach while improving digestion. Its cooling effect can help to cut down the pain as well as burning sensation associated with acid reflux.
In addition to having these foods, there are certain home remedies that you can try for fighting acidity:
- It's wise to have your last meal about 2-3 hours before your bedtime to allow time for digestion of the food matter.
- You should always have your meals at regular fixed intervals. Keeping too wide a gap between meals can cause you to suffer from acidity.
- To curb instances of acidity, it's best to avoid spicy foods and caffeinated beverages.
- Having a glass of lukewarm water daily can also help in combating acidity.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.