Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jeya Vasanth
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jeya VasanthYour feedback matters!
My child boy age is 7 years. Until now his testis weren't entered into the scrotum. In the sonography, it was found that they remained below the abdomen. What happens if they not enters in the scrotum? What should I do for my child? If to be operated. How much expenditure would be? Pls help me.
My baby have gave 2.5 month vaccine at yesterday noon. She have around 99.5 fever till today, so is this thing to worry or its a common. Also how much day fever effect. Please let us know.
I am 16 years old and my height is not increasing and I want my height to grow naturally not by any operations or injections.
My child age 1 years has some skin problem such as pimples on whole body from last six months. We have consulted Dr. many times but still the problem has not resolved permanently. It has recurrence again and again can we have solution for this problem. Prescribed medicines are as follows: hydroxyzine oral solution crotorax HC After medicines are stopped problem reoccurring again and again.
Hi Doctor, I have confusion regarding which vaccines to purchase for my baby for his 10 weeks vaccination schedule. Please confirm if the below vaccines are effective and good to be taken for DPT, Hib,Hep B, PCV, IPV and Rota? 1. pentavac or Easyfive TT or Quinvaxem? 2. Imovax for IPV? 3. Synflorix for PCV? 4. Rotavac for Rotavirus? Also, our pediatric skipped the 4th week IPV dose saying it was short. Will it incurr any issues or the OPV can substitute IPV?
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
Hi, Please suggest. Can duolin LD respules solution be used while taking steam. Can this solution be added to water and take steam of this. If we start giving nebulization should we have to give it every time when the kids get cough. Will they get used to that.
My baby boy age is 1 year and 3 months old. Past 2 weeks he didn't take any food. Always he refused. He didn't eat breakfast, lunch and dinner also. What can I do? Am worried I don't know what to do? Can I give any health drink or any health tonic for my baby please help me. Am giving cow's milk, fruit juices.
I have 9 months baby I had undergone sterilization now my belly is coming out what to do for that and how to maintaintain my body.
My kid is 8 months old, he got mouth ulcer past 3 days. His tongue turned white colour and not able to suck milk also from feeding bottle. Please suggest medicines for it and dosage to use.
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition, which primarily affects the lungs and persistence of this condition might lead to severe breathing problems and loss of lung function. If you have inherited two copies of the defective gene from your parents, you are likely to suffer from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis causes a buildup of thick mucus in your lungs and affects other organs such as the kidneys, pancreas and the intestines in your body.
It isn't very uncommon as one out of fifty people in Asia is a carrier of this disease. The disease gets its name from the cysts formed in the pancreas of the sufferer. However, this disease can be detected by testing the quantity of salt present in your sweat. Prenatal testing for Fibrosis is another method to test if your newborn is likely to contract a lung infection.
Complications faced due to cystic fibrosis include:
- Serious sinus infections
- Serious damage in lungs due to inflammation and incessant infection
- Complication in breaking down protein
- Respiratory tract contamination
If you observe one or more of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from Cystic Fibrosis:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Bowel obstruction caused due to meconium ileus (obstruction of the bowels)
- Mucus amiss in your alveoli
- Persistent coughing with phlegm discharge
- Shortness of breath while engaging in a physical task
- Stunted or measly growth despite healthy lifestyle habits
- Infertility in males
If you're suffering from cystic fibrosis, there isn't any particular treatment which is recommended due to the varying degrees of it found in people. However, consultation with a medical practitioner and an individualised treatment plan can help you minimise the risks and lead a better life.
Some therapies you can opt for are:
- Airway clearance: This therapy helps sift the thick layer of mucus around your organs. Some people have also chosen to use the inflatable vest which vibrates around your chest, thereby, thinning and loosening the layer of mucus.
- Inhaled medicines: Another breakthrough in the field of respiratory medicine, this method requires the patient to sniff a liquid consisting of mist, which is inhaled with the aid of a nebuliser. This method is known to be beneficial for opening airways.
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements: Along with multivitamins, these specially designed supplements are known to cater to your pancreas with the much-needed nutrients and they need to be consumed with every meal.
My 2 years old baby is having fever today. With teary eyes and running nose. Active although. But not taking food. How to treat him at home.
Hi doctors my daughter age 3 yrs. MPS (mucopolysaccharides) problem type 3 telling if you have treatment. Where I show my daughter. Pls help me.
I have 4 months old daughter. It looks like like her one leg is shorter than the other. Is there any problem with this? what happens if one leg is shorter than other?
- Avoid nursing children to sleep or putting anything other than water in their bed-time bottle.
- Learn the proper way to brush and floss your child's teeth.
- Take your child to a pediatric dentist regularly to have his/her teeth and gums checked.
- Starting at birth, clean your child’s gums with a soft infant toothbrush or cloth and water.
- The first dental visit should be scheduled by your childs first birthday.