Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jeevitha RaniYour feedback matters!
Is it safe to have penetration with flavoured condoms? Or its only for oral? And is masturbation more than one time a day safe? Will it cause tiredness?
I hv a pcod problem. Im 25 yrs old. I got my periods after 4 months. Iv been seeing a pattern. I get it fr three consecutive months n then a gap of four months. Y so. Its difficult for me to get treated. Should I be operated. As I hav been told post that I shall get my cycles regularly.
Meri delivery ko 3 months ho chuke hai but even now I have weakness and jaldi tired ho jati hu give your prescription.
Hello respected doctor's, I am 42 years old and my wife age 28, we have 2son. What is the best birth control method for her Condoms Or CoppertT. Please suggest me. Thank you.
Kindler’s Syndrome is a rare skin blistering disease named after Theresa Kindler. It is a kind of skin complication which forms skin blisters and lesions on the mucous membranes. This can happen in any part of your body but mainly concentrates on the area where you have experienced any frictions, bruises or minor trauma, especially on the feet and the hands. In some rare occurrences of Kindler’s Syndrome, it can develop on the internal organs like the food pipe, stomach or the respiratory tract.
This disease generally occurs if you suffer from a disorder called autosomal recessive. It means that you may have inherited an anomalous gene from each parent. It usually happens during childhood and reduces as you age.
Some of the symptoms of Kindler syndrome are:
- Blisters occurring on the body in your infancy and periods of early childhood.
- Slowly you will observe altered pigmentation and cutaneous atrophy (A severe dermal condition).
- Blistering due to certain skin trauma appearing on the hands and feet.
- Some observe abnormalities like dental or ophthalmic
- The growth of actinic Keratoses
Kindler’s Syndrome requires a specialized dermatologist for the treatment. In some countries, diagnosis involves skin biopsy. It involves undergoing Immunofluorescence Antigen Mapping or transmission of Electron Microscopy. Blood testing of genes is slowly being developed as a diagnostic test.
Other treatments involve:
Hello sir, I have unprotected sex with my wife same day of her periods has to come. She have taken ipill within 38 hours of unprotected sex. Now her periods got delayed for 1 week and what are the chances of pregnancy. We are not ready for baby now. After how many days of unprotected sex she can check for pregnancy test?
Meri age 27 years h. Mai married hun. Mera left tube block h or coincidentally 2 times se egg wrong side ban ra h. To mjhe ye pta krna h kya ye zruri h k egg hamesha left me Hi bne ya Wo Kbhi bhi kisi bhi side bn jata h?
There are many cosmetic procedures that are accessible to patients who need to surgically reposition the facial tissues that have loosened as one ages. One of them is the Vampire Facelift which uses infusions of the patient's own blood through an element known as Selphyl.
The Vampire Facelift, or Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), includes extracting spoons of a patient's blood from their arm and spinning it in a rotator to isolate the plasma - the liquid part - from the red and white platelets.
The concentrated plasma, which is rich in platelets, is then infused into the face. A few experts pump it with dermal fillers to further lift up the loosened zones, for example, under the eye. The procedure is as follows:
Blood from the arm is extracted, which is then spun in a rotator to isolate the platelets.
The platelets are then re-infused into the skin with a fine needle and just infused into the areas that need be lifted or rejuvenated.
These infusions include a little fat as well, to make a smooth, rounder and plumper appearance.
During the Vampire facelift procedure, Hyaluronic corrosive (HA) fillers are utilised which help in lifting the skin from the bone to give your skin a decent shape with a younger look.
Again this HA filler would pursue the wrinkle that is connected with your face and make an alternate shape of the face which might look different from the original one.
Some of the advantages of this facelift are:
Change in skin surface and tone.
Reclamation of facial shape.
Growing new and younger tissues.
Superior option to neurotoxin (Botox) and different infusions.
Infusion of the blood causes no bruising, as it is a thin, watery liquid.
No allergy testing is required as the substance is the individual's blood.
However, there are certain disadvantages as well. These are as follows:
Most plastic surgeons do not believe in the efficacy of this procedure.
Uncertainty whether Selphyl has been FDA approved for facial revival.
There will be some redness in the rejuvenated area.
The Vampire Facelift takes a few weeks to bring about results.
The disadvantage with HA fillers is the way it will make your eyes hurt.
The infusions are not just used to smoothen the wrinkles on the face. It can likewise be utilised on different parts and areas of the body with diminished volume or wrinkles. The technology that is behind the Vampire Facelift is not new. Doctors have been utilising one's own plasma to help other procedures like bone mending after spinal wounds and to recover delicate tissues after plastic surgery for a long time. Like any sort of medicinal technique, it is important to conduct appropriate research to check whether it is ideal and suitable for your body and skin type. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
5 Simple Ways to Get in the Mood for Sex
A lot of factors can act as deterrents to getting into the mood for sex. You can be too tired, you may not be happy with your body image, or you may be overburdened with work to even think about getting in the mood. However, sex is an important part of your life and neglecting it could have several negative impacts on your relationships. Here are 5 proven ways to get you in the mood in no time.
1. Make Yourself Feel Good
A lot of people focus so much on their partner that they forget to take care of themselves. You need to make yourself feel happy and desirable if you want to be in the mood for sex. Buy some new underwear, read some good erotica, take a long steamy bath, and do all it takes to make yourself feel good– as when you feel good about yourself, you feel attractive, which can get you in the mood.
Stress can bring down your libido to a great extent. When you’re stressed, sex can feel like an activity that only adds to your stress levels. If you want to get into the mood, try relaxing first. You can try getting yourself a long, hot bath in the tub, or you could light a few candles and incense and fall asleep to soothing music. If you want to share an activity with your partner, you can go for a couples massage. Even just taking time out to cuddle can do wonders for both your relationship and your libido.
3. Get Adventurous
Creative foreplay is a great way to get you in the mood. You can use a huge variety of things to spice things up in the bedroom. From ice, candles, belts and ties to foods like cherries, cream, bananas and chocolate, think of incorporating them into your ‘playtime’. Tell each other your deepest, darkest sexual fantasies and then play them out. Take naughty pictures and send it to your partner throughout the day. His or her appreciation is sure to get you in the mood instantly.
4. Get Close
Have designated date nights where you go out with your partner and spend time on your relationship; or plan out a short weekend getaway together. These activities will help in physically enforcing the emotional bond you share with your partner. One of the things that many couples forget to do is flirt with each other, which can be a healthy way to keep the fun alive in your relationship on a daily basis.
5. Try Masturbation
Sometimes, you just need some quality “me-time” to get you back in the mood for sex. Whether you’re a man or a woman, some space to play out your fantasies in your head is all you need to get back in the game. You could masturbate just enough to get aroused and then ask your lover to join you, or you could simply take care of yourself to feel attractive and wanted again.
I have problem of pcod from last 2 years and I trying to conceive what can I do my Dr. give me some medicine.
My friends age 30 married life 4 years she suffered poor egg released .amh hormone level 0.19 .fertility centers drs advice will go for ivf. What is solution of amh level hormone increase. Past I'll ness irregular periods. 3 months pregnant abortion.
With the modernization of all economies around the world, one health hazard that has become one of the largest perils within both developed and developing nations is the incidence of cancers of the female reproductive system, especially cervical and breast cancer.
Breast cancer is the formation of malignant tumors within the breast tissues of a woman. Usually, breast cancer affects women in the age range of 40 to 50, but there have been many reports of it occurring earlier. About 48 % percent of the Indian women having breast cancer have been reported to be under 50. This is an almost 17 percent jump compared to figures 25 years earlier.
Alarming Signs of Breast Cancer:
- The most common symptom of breast cancer is a new lump or mass. A painless, hard mass that has irregular edges is more likely to be cancerous, but breast cancers can be tender, soft, or rounded.
- Swelling of all or part of a breast (even if no distinct lump is felt)
- Skin irritation or dimpling
- Breast or nipple pain
- Nipple retraction (turning inward)
- Redness, scaliness, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin
- Nipple discharge (other than breast milk)
Screening Guidelines for Breast cancer:
- Mammography: US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommends mammography once in every 2 year for females between age group 50-75 years. Women with a family history has a benefit of starting at age 40 years. After 75 years there are insufficient evidence of benefit of screening mammography.
- Breast Self Examination and annual Clinical examination: breast self examination is easy to learn and and any abnormality should be reported to the oncologist.
- For High Risk/ Genetic risk factors: screening should start by age 25 or 10 years earlier of youngest relative affected. Annual mammogram and MRI or Doppler ultrasound alternating at 6 month interval can be considered.
Some of the common treatment options for breast cancers are:
- Breast conservation surgery - This is where the tumors are removed without cutting out too much of the surrounding breast tissue.
- Mastectomy - If the cancer has spread too far then large amounts of breast tissue has to be removed along with the tumor to stop its spread any further.
- Sentinel lymph node Biopsy - it's part of both surgical procedures, it decreases morbidities of lymph node dissection first draining lymph nodes only are removed in patients with clinically negative axilla. If negative on frozen section further axillary dissection is avoided. It avoids the morbidity of complete axillary clearance.
Cervical cancer ( Carcinoma Cervix)
Cervical cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which is the opening of the uterus and connects the uterus to the vagina. Indian women in particular are susceptible to cervical cancer as more than 1/3rd of the cervical cancer related deaths in the entire world happens here in India, which is about 74000 deaths annually. The leading cause for cervical cancer is HPV or Human Papillomavirus infection, which if left untreated and unchecked will result in cancer.
Alarming Signs of Cervical Carcinoma:
- Early lesions and precancerous lesions have no symptoms
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding such as bleeding after vaginal intercourse, bleeding after menopause, bleeding and spotting between periods or longer/heavier periods
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Pelvic pain
- Late stage disease may cause lower extremity swelling, problem with urine and/or stool passage
- Cervical cancer screening is most effective screening programme of any cancer disease resulting in significant decrease in mortality from carcinoma cervix
- United state preventive services task force (USPSTF) recommend cervical cancer screening starting at age 21 yrs.
- Between age 21-30 years cytology recommended at 3 year interval and HPV testing is not recommended.
- Between 30-65 years cytology every 3 year or cytology +HPV testing every 5 year.
- If previously adequately screened screening can be discontinued after 65 years.
- Women with prior total hysterectomy and no CIN can discontinue screening.
Apart from breast and cervical cancers, certain other cancers have also reported an alarming increase such as:-
Ovarian cancer (Carcinoma Ovary)
Starting in the ovaries, diagnosis of this type of cancer is usually delayed due to lack of visible symptoms in the initial stages. About 85% to 90% of ovarian cancers are epithelial ovarian carcinomas. Epithelial ovarian cancers tend to spread to the lining and organs of the pelvis and abdomen (belly) first. This may lead to the buildup of fluid in the abdominal cavity (called ascites). As it advances, it may spread to the lung and liver, or, rarely, to the brain, bones, or skin. The main treatments for ovarian cancer are surgery and chemotherapy.
Cancer of the endometrium (Carcinoma Endometrium)
Endometrium is the lining of the uterine wall and has along with ovarian, uterine and cervical cancer is also increasing in occurrences throughout India and the world.
The grade of an endometrial cancer is based on how much the cancer forms glands that look similar to those found in normal, healthy endometrium.
- Grade 1 tumors have 95% or more of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 2 tumors have between 50% and 94% of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 3 tumors have less than half of the cancerous tissue forming glands. Grade 3 cancers tend to be aggressive and have a poorer outlook than lower-grade cancers.
Cervical cancer along with Ovarian, uterine and endometrial cancer can be treated using the following methods:
1. Surgery: Radical Hysterectomy primarily preferred option for early stage disease. Both open and minimal invasive approaches are suitable.
- For precancer high grade lesion conisation is also option for compliant patient.
- In young suitable patient willing for childbearing trachelectomy is also possible in very early lesion.
- Depending on risk factors after surgery adjuvant treatment may be advised.
2. Radiation therapy or Combined Radiation therapy+Chemotherapy: Alternative to surgery in early stage and choice in late stage.
Certain prevention techniques that would be advisable to detect cancer in its early stages would be,
- Regular Pap smear tests for cervical cancer
- Taking vaccines for cervical cancer
- Regular mammograms and checkups for breast cancer
- Changing lifestyles to reduce stress
- Changes in diet to reduce risks
- Leading a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise
Related Tip: Can Ayurveda Really Treat Cancer? Find Out.