Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
I am 50 years and suffering from skin problem skin rashes only in my face ears, lips scalp, face only any remedy for it.
Sir, I have continuous sneezing problem when I wake up in the morning always. What should I do to avoid this? Is it any symptom of other diseases?
Please answer my question soon how to over come from hair fall not more but little but this may be dangerous lead to a problem.
My mom has diagnosed with kidney stone one measures about 4.7 and other about 5.2 what medication and diet should be planed to remove the stone without blasting it?
Diabetes is a serious disorder which happens when your body has an unreasonably high level of blood sugar, which further leads to harmful effects. Diabetes has a wide variety of complications associated with it, and they start to build up slowly and gradually. Some of the common complications are:
- Retinopathy - In simple words, diabetes leads to eye damage by making the eye exposed and prone to severe eye disorders like cataracts and glaucoma. If you have retinopathy, then you may also have face the consequence loss of vision or permanent blindness.
- Skin conditions - During diabetes, your skin health is bound to degrade to a large extent. Your skin will become thin in texture and more prone to cuts and breakages due to internal skin cell damage. Thus, the skin gets more exposed to the bacterial and viral infections and its healing process also slows down as the cell division takes longer than usual.
- Nephropathy - Nephropathy refers to kidney damage which is caused due to diabetes. The kidneys act as a filter system to the body and they filter out waste materials from the blood. Diabetes causes damage to the blood vessels of the kidneys which may further result in serious kidney disorders and may increase the risks of a sudden kidney failure.
- Cardiovascular diseases - This means that if you are having excessive diabetes, then you are at a risk of having a major heart attack or a heart stroke. Additionally, increased blood sugar levels also lead to other heart-related diseases like chest pain, narrowing of arteries etc.
- Neuropathy - It is a complication related to the nervous system of your body. The complication generally occurs in the legs as there is a numbness, burning or tingling sensation in the legs. This happens due to the extra sugar in the body, which damages the walls of the blood vessels. In the worst case scenario, you can lose sensation in the legs.
However, it is always desirable that you go and visit a doctor if the conditions persist for a longer time. Additionally, you can also depend upon some domestic care measures to bring your blood sugar levels under control.
Related Tip: Does Hormonal Imbalance Hint the Risk of Diabetes?
Hi, I am suffering from ache in my thigh from last 3months. I will got the medicine which is prescribed by a doctor but after 2 weeks the same problem so can you help me with that.
I am a 60 year old male. I got my lipid profile and all results are OK - well within the healthy range. BUT my Blood sugar (fasting is 148 and PP (fter B/F) is 107. I have slight numbness on my toes, and recently my left thumb toenail has developed blueness. I do yoga everyday for 1 hr under guidance. I feel generally fatigued. I sleep 6 to 7 hrs a day. I have high BP and take Stamlo 5 and cardace 2.5 once a day for the past 15 years. My BP remains steady at 95/145. I am physically more active than most people of my age.
Tinea or ringworm is basically a skin infection caused by fungus. Tinea can affect any part of the body. When the skin is affected it is tinea corporis, scalp (tinea capitis), feet (tinea pedis, this is also called as athlete's foot) and groin area (tinea curis, also known as the jock itch). This presents as several white patches on the skin.
Causes of Tinea:
Tinea or the ringworm infection is not due to worms but caused by fungi dermatophytes. The fungus remains alive in the dead tissues of nails, hair and skin. Symptoms of Tinea are red circular patches on the skin along with itching.
As per the Ayurvedic philosophy, tinea is often diagnosed as dadru. The body type or the dosha involved is kapha and vata. Kapha, which is an Ayurvedic humor symbolizes mucus. It is usually dense, sticky and cold in nature. Vata, also an ayurvedic humor represents the wind. It is dry, mobile, subtle and cold. Both kapha and vata when present in the skin lead to accumulation of toxins. These toxins further collect in the deep tissues of the skin like rakta (Blood), rasa (nutrient plasma), lasika (lymphatic) and mansa (muscles).
The toxins lead to contamination of the deeper tissues thereby leading to the aggravation of the kapha-vata dosha, thus leading to ringworm. A third dosha which is involved is pitta. Pitta symbolizes heat or fire. It is often referred to as the tridosha disease, and the prime involved doshas are kapha and vata.
Diet and Lifestyle Modification:
- Spicy and hot food, excessive sweet and sour foods should be avoided. Pickled foods, chutneys, citrus fruits like lemon and oranges, vinegar and mustard should also be avoided.
- Avoid foods made up of white flour such as bread, pastries, cakes, pizza
- Artificial and processed foods, fast foods and aerated drinks should be avoided. Excessive salt and tomatoes should be restricted.
- Since tea, coffee smoking and alcohol aggravate the pitta, these should be avoided
- Milk and milk products like yogurt and cottage cheese should be given a miss
- Foods which are sweet, blend and alkaline in nature should be added into the diet
- Fresh vegetables and fruit should be taken
- Foods like grains, rice, pasta, beans, breads, dairy products, sweet drinks and juices can be had
- In 3 cups of water boil 10 to 15 neem leaves, until half the water evaporates. Washing the tinea lesions with this water helps.
- Rubbing papaya over the lesions is very effective
- Make a paste of turmeric and milk and apply on the lesions. Wash this within half an hour of the application and repeat it 3 to 4 times a day.