Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayashree
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JayashreeYour feedback matters!
I am 9th pregnant. 1. My expected due date is on 9th march. At what period contractions will start and how to recognize? 2. Please provide any suggestions for happy delivery (any do's or do not's).
Hello Dr. Me or mere husband planning kr rhe h for a baby. Hum 4 month se daily sex bi karte h. But me pregnant nhi ho pa rhi. KY koi critical problem to nhi h n. Koi solution bataye.
A healthy libido is as important as any other function within your body. However, as much as it is a physical function, a lot of it has to do with the most important sexual organ, the brain. If you or your partner is both physically and emotionally not in the right place, your sex drive suffers. This can create physical and emotional problems in your life. Some of the tips to help increase your sex drive are mentioned as follows.
- Getting the right amount of sleep: One of the major causes of low sex drive among men and women is the lack of sleep. Between household chores as well as office work and family commitments, the first thing that gets compromised on is sleep. Low sleep results in the drop in testosterone in both men and women thus, drastically lowering sex drive. This is the hormone primarily responsible for sex drive in both men and women. Ensure that you get at least 8 hours of sleep daily to maintain a healthy sex drive.
- Think and talk sex: Mostly women and men to some extent as well tend to put talking about sex in the no go zone. This along with the mundane discussions about household life tends to lower libido as well. Ensure that you put in some sex talk to keep the spark alive as this would keep your libido levels and the physical attraction levels high.
- Overweight and obesity is toxic for your sex drive: Excess fat and being overweight is a big libido killer in both men and women. Obesity and high body fat percentage inhibits testosterone production, thus, denting your sex drive. It is very important that you try to lose a few pounds and set goals to become fit as this will work wonders for your libido.
- Meditate and relax: When you are stressed, cortisol levels in your blood are increased as the adrenaline glands go into overdrive. This is one of the most common and major sex drive killers. It is thus, very important that you practice mediation and other relaxation techniques to ensure that stress levels are down which will help in boosting libido.
- A healthy diet: This is possibly one of the most important components in your life which determines how the physical side of libido is managed. Certain foods may kill your libido such as cheese and other dairy products, fried fatty foods, carbonated sodas among others. Some of the foods that are good for your libido would be ginger, watermelon, lettuce, and eggs.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My daughter is 14 years old. She is having irregular periods. Her last period occurred 13 june three months back. Please give her a suitable medicine.
An irregular period, medically known as oligomenorrhea , is a common problem among women. It usually refers to
infrequent periods with intervals of more than 35 days.
A normal menstrual cycle ranges from 21 to 35 days. Menstrual bleeding
generally lasts for two to seven days.
Women normally have 11 to 13 periods
in a year, but those with oligomenorrhea
may have fewer than six or seven
Ginger is highly beneficial in regulating
menstrual cycles and also relieving
menstrual pain. It promotes
menstruation and hence is good when
dealing with delayed or scanty periods.
1. Boil one-half teaspoon of freshly
ground ginger in a cup of water for five to seven minutes.
2. Add a little sugar.
3. Drink this three times a day after
4. Do this for about one month or more.
Cinnamon contains hydroxychalcone that
helps regulate insulin levels and is
suspected to have an effect on
Simply add one-half teaspoon of
cinnamon powder to a glass of milk.
Drink this daily for several weeks.
You can also drink cinnamon tea,
sprinkle cinnamon on your foods, or
chew cinnamon sticks regularly.
3. Sesame Seeds and Jaggery
Sesame seeds are useful in regulating
menstrual cycles as they help balance
your hormones. They are loaded with
lignans that help bind excess hormones.
Plus, they contain essential fatty acids
that promote optimal hormone
production. Jaggery, too, helps regulate
menstrual cycles due to its warming
1. Dry roast a handful of sesame seeds.
2. Grind them along with one teaspoon of jaggery into a fine powder.
3. Take one teaspoon of this powder daily on an empty stomach in the luteal phase, or second half of your menstrual cycle (two weeks before your period starts), for a few months. Simply eating a piece of jaggery, also known as gur, will also help regulate menstruation.
Note: Do not use this remedy during
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera helps treat menstrual
irregularities naturally by regulating your
1. Extract fresh aloe vera gel from an aloe leaf.
2. Mix in one teaspoon of honey.
3. Consume it daily before having your breakfast.
4. Follow this remedy for about three months.
Note: Do not use this remedy during
5. Unripe Papaya
Green, unripe papaya works as a potent
emmenagogue. It is considered useful
in regulating menstrual flow as it helps
contract muscle fibers in the uterus.
It is particularly useful for irregular
periods associated with menopause and
stress. Consume unripe papaya juice
regularly for a few months. Do not drink
it during your periods.
Being a warming herb, turmeric is also
considered helpful in regulating
menstruation and balancing hormones.
Its emmenagogue properties help
stimulate menstrual flow. Moreover, its
antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory
properties relieve menstrual pain.
Consume one-quarter A study analyzing
the effects of cinnamon extract on
menstrual cycles in women with
polycystic ovary syndrome is currently
turmeric with milk, honey or jaggery.
Take it daily for several weeks or
until you see improvement. You can also take turmeric in supplement form; consult your doctor for proper dosage.
My wife is pregnant now she is in her twenty first week. Her bp was regularly 110/70 now it gradually reducing as 100/70; 95/65; and now she has reached 95/60, what are its effect on her and baby and what she should do.
Hello. My friend has a bad smell in her vagina since few months. Even she takes bath with warm water twice in a day. But still she said she has that bad smell in her female part. She s really worried about this issue. Could you tell me the cause and solution for this problem.
I had unprotected sex on 15th n 16th February. My periods are generally regular. My last period was on 24th January. What are the chances of me getting pregnant.
I had a unsafe sex with my bf on 14th june, I eat unwanted 72 after 1 hour of sex, my monthly periods date is 12th of every month, after 4 days of sex little amount of bleeding like 4-5 drops now 24 th july, my periods is stopped, this is my first time sex so pls help me waht to do.
Is there is a relation of un regular periods with fats? Means if there is delay in periods body get over weight? Or any issues of less blood causes body looks heavy?
Hello doctors can I be pregnant even if I have not missed my periods. I did pregnancy test at home it shows negative.
Sir, My wife is 9 month pregnancy but child developed both renal pelvic cavity dilatation any effects after delivery.
I am 22 years old girl. I have irregular periods and I was taking medicine maybe some kind of hormones. And now i'm having heavy hairloss and lot of pimples and marks on my face. I'm anemic too what should I do to get rid of these problems.
I am 28 years old. I got married 2 months before and planning to hav child in Oct. We want a boy baby first. So please giv us some suggestions.
I had unprotected sex took ipill 8 hours after sex can I be pregnant? My cycle is of 23 days and I had sex on 6th day of my cycle means only 1 day after my Menes cycle got over.
Hello sir. On 26th January 2017 Sir I had sex on 7th day of menstrual cycle with my girl friend without any protection. I ejaculated in her vagina. Sir please tell me that any chance of pregnancy. Sir if any chance then give me suggest how I can prevent.
I am pregnant (having 12 week ), I am feeling weakness & tired . My hemoglobin is 11.2 Kindly suggest me suitable medicine.
I am 41 and my wife is 36. Its already 4 years to our marriage and my wife is unable to conceive. Please advise.
During pregnancy, the ligaments in your body naturally become softer and stretch to prepare you for labour. This can put a strain on the joints of your lower back and pelvis, which can cause backache.
Avoiding backache in pregnancy
There are several things you can do to help prevent back pain from happening, and to help you cope with an aching back if it does occur.
The tips listed here can help you to protect your back – try to remember them every day:
avoid lifting heavy objects bend your knees and keep your back straight when lifting or picking up something from the floor move your feet when turning round to avoid twisting your spine wear flat shoes as these allow your weight to be evenly distributed work at a surface high enough to prevent you stooping try to balance the weight between two bags when carrying shopping sit with your back straight and well supported make sure you get enough rest, particularly later in pregnancy
A firm mattress can also help to prevent and relieve backache. If your mattress is too soft, put a piece of hardboard under it to make it firmer. Massage can also help.
Exercises to ease backache in pregnancy
The gentle exercise below helps to strengthen stomach (abdominal) muscles and this can ease backache in pregnancy:
start in a box position (on all fours) with knees under hips, hands under shoulders, with fingers facing forwards and abdominals lifted to keep your back straight pull in your stomach muscles and raise your back up towards the ceiling, curling your trunk and allowing your head to relax gently forward – don't let your elbows lockhold for a few seconds then slowly return to the box position take care not to hollow your back – it should always return to a straight, neutral position do this slowly and rhythmically 10 times, making your muscles work hard and moving your back carefully only move your back as far as you can comfortably
Some local swimming pools provide aquanatal classes (gentle exercise classes in water, especially for pregnant women) with qualified instructors. Ask at your local leisure centre. Being in water will support your increasing weight.
When to get help for backache in pregnancy
If your backache is very painful, ask your doctor to refer you to an obstetric physiotherapist at your hospital. They can give you advice and may suggest some helpful exercises.