Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayashree
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JayashreeYour feedback matters!
Hello doc, I got married before 10 months since 6 months me and my wife are trying to get pregnant but not successful yet. Wht could be a possibly cause? Is thr any problem? We consult to our local doctor she checked the vaginal colle of my wife she said tht colle is swollen inside and it is a sign of pregnancy but at the end of month my period comes. So please suggest what's going on?
What are periods and it is safe to have a sex during periods and what precautions should be taken and use condom at the time if sex in periods explain in brief.
Me and my gf had sex using condom but accidentally we touched reproductive part and there was some liquid on both the reproductive part so we she took ipill after 24 hr and she got her periods 3 days late from usual date and now she is not getting her periods n its almost two day late and she is not feeling any symptoms of getting periods like cramps and all. Is she pregnant? please help me out.
I was taking norethisterone tab from 22nd December to 27th December, then I had unprotected sex on 29th and 30th December. After that I got my periods on 31st December. This month 31st January I didn't got my periods yet. Is this a side effect of norethisterone or am I pregnant?
I am a married 22 year old women and we don't want baby for 2-3 years approx. Not using any tablets for that just some normal precautions. Can there be any problem in conceiving later?
Olive oil can reduce your appetite if consumed regularly, reveals a study conducted by the University of Georgia. The study suggests that eating foods high in polyunsaturated fats regularly can have an effect on your hormones, which will result in reduced appetite and olive oil is a known form of polyunsaturated fat. Also, as per another study published in the Journal of Cancer Therapy, recommends cooking vegetables in olive oil will be helpful in reducing the risk of cancer.
These studies definitely certify that today, olive oil is the king of oils, whether you’re making desserts or frying chicken. And, it has become a staple substitute for butter, ghee and lard, because, in comparison to these fats, olive oil has only about 40 calories per teaspoon. However, there are times when olive oil is either not available or you are not in a position to buy it, then in such a case what other alternatives should you go for?
Here are a few other oils that are just as healthy:
- Canola Oil: Canola oil is produced from the rapeseed plant. This is an extremely versatile oil and can be used for cooking and baking as it has a neutral taste. As compared to olive oil, canola oil has less saturated fat and hence can even be considered the healthier alternative. In fact, canola oil has the lowest level of saturated fats amongst all cooking oils.
- Peanut Oil: Peanut oil is another heart-healthy oil that can be used in place of olive oil. This oil has a high smoke point and hence is best suited for frying foods. It also has a longer shelf life as compared to other oils. However, many people are allergic to peanuts and if you have been diagnosed with such an allergy, you should avoid using peanut oil.
- Sesame Oil: Sesame oil is very popular in Asian cuisine. It is a great substitute for olive oil when it comes to cooking food on the stovetop. However, this oil has a strong taste and hence should be used sparingly. It is also a little higher in its polyunsaturated fats as compared to olive oil. There are two types of sesame oil; dark sesame oil and light sesame oil. The former is ideal for seasoning food while the latter may be used to fry foods.
- Avocado oil: Avocado oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Thus, making it a heart-friendly oil that helps lower bad cholesterol level and maintains good cholesterol level. Avocado oil can be used to cook food or can be used as a dressing. This oil has a mild taste that enhances the overall flavor of the dish.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is another heart-healthy oil. This oil is rich in lauric acid; a type of saturated fat. It helps in lowering the level of cholesterol and can prevent heart diseases. Coconut oil can be used to fry foods as well as to bake foods. It has a slight sweetness in its taste and if you are very health conscious, you can opt for virgin coconut oil.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!