Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JayashreeYour feedback matters!
Sir I have pain in my stomach during periods and also I vomit a lot .i used to take meftal spas during pain .is it safe to take medicine and also advice what to do to get relief from pain.
Hi Me and my husband loyal to each other. We love to unprotected sex ie wdt condom. So please suggest in un protected sex also how we can remain far from stds. And also I inform you here dt we hv taken all tests and we are not involved in any type of infections. So please sugest how we cn do unprotected sex safely.
I'm 24 years old female. I had sex for few times but unable to reach orgasms. Once the penetration occur I feel this pressure of defecation and end up having no pleasure. Post intercourse no such pressure remains. please give some advice about this.
I had pinkish very small lesions in my genital. Painless pusless n no itching or burning. Dey remained for a year I used candid cream, betadine wash but no improvement. My Dr's case was bending towards genital herpes. I had no sexual relationship but my bf used to insert his finger inside. My gynae prescribed me acyclovir cream. As I went for some blood tests HIV negative Vdrl negative TLC dlc normal Sugar normal but in torch test hsv1 igg was positive 8.08 Hsv2 igg negative Hsv1 & hsv2 combined igm negative. Also she referred me to dermatologist. But my xams were going on so I could not go der n started using surfaz sn only 4 days have gone n I can feel a clear change. My vagina is much better Now I am scared was it because of viral infection n it will be recurring again in future. Or it was fungal\ bact infection n I am cured now.
There are times when you feel extremely fatigued and tired. This could be because of the type of foods that you are consuming on a regular basis. Certain foods, when consumed tend to spike up your blood sugar level and make you feel sleepy and sloppy.
There are certain foods which you can have to boost your energy levels:
1. Vinegar: You can add vinegar to your food and salads to prevent your blood sugar levels from spiking. Vinegar is said to have properties that prevent excessive starch absorption in the body; it also keeps your metabolic rate elevated. Mix vinegar with a glass of water and have it after meals to prevent fatigue.
2. Fruits: Fruits can provide instant energy if you are feeling lethargic. Usually in the afternoon, eating a fruit such as an apple or a watermelon will provide an instant burst of energy. Make sure you keep your portion sizes under control; else too much sugar can mess with your system.
3. Nuts: Nuts are very healthy foods to snack upon as they contain heart healthy fats and Omega-3 acids. Nuts also contain proteins that are good for your muscles and fat loss goals. Being rich in fiber, they also promote satiety.
4. Dark chocolate: You can include small portions of dark chocolate for your dessert cravings after lunch as it contains “theobromine” which helps in boosting your mood and energy levels.
5. Whole grains: Include whole grains in your diet; avoid eating refined products such as white rice and refined flour. Refined carbohydrates can spike your blood sugar levels and lead to feeling of fatigue. Eating whole grains also provides a steady supply of energy to the body.
6. Cardamom: Add these spices to your dishes and tea as they are known to stimulate blood flow and increase energy levels in the body. It is known to expand the blood vessels in the body to increase blood flow.
7. Asparagus: Asparagus contains important vitamins that allow efficient conversion of sugar into energy. It also contains plenty of fibers that promote satiety. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am 23 year old. I had sex with my girl on 20th this month but I have not ejaculated semen in her vagina. Even after that within 48 hours she took I pill. Whether there is possibility for pregnancy. This week is here period time. Whether this pill extend the period time. If she get period this weak. It is good for us or still there is a chance.
Aches and pains are ailments that affect one and all at some point or the other. The myriad quick heal methods like pain killers and hot cold packs might accord temporary relief, but they aren't really effective in terms of curing the root of the problem. All these bodily pains are related to some innate illness and these painkillers merely provide superficial respite. Thus, a large number of people are growingly looking at alternative therapies, which not only remedy the pain, but also help in fighting the source of the disease.
Acupuncture for the longest time has occupied the imagination of many as a viable alternative to the harrowing mainstream clinical procedures. Integral to the ancient medicinal practises of the orient, acupuncture is replete with palliative properties and has been known to benefit a phenomenal number of people enduring serious distresses.
It is a natural way to stimulate the health boosting properties we are imbued with. The philosophy behind acupuncture endorses the fact that your bodies are hardwired to deal with any ailment from within. Acupuncture simply enhances such in- built defences and enables you to lead a healthier life. While you may be skeptical of the long drawn process that acupuncture involves, the benefits are many. Amongst other things it reduces your dependence on drugs, which is indeed an important aspect to consider. It generally involves gently pricking the pressure points of your body with sterilized needles and relying of the healing powers of your latent heat pressure.
It is especially effective in curing the following pains:
- Osteoarthritis: Acupuncture enhances the bone immunity and abates the joint pains immensely.
- Chronic headaches: Acupuncture relieves the stress on your cranial nerves and soothes the headaches that are caused by it.
- Menstrual Cramps: Menstrual cramps are caused by the contractions in the uterine muscles during the periods. Acupuncture hugely palliates such traumas.
Hi doctor, me and my wife trying for baby, my wife takes some medicine of hcg also doc give injection before her evaluation period. actually doctor said her egss are not getting developed properly that's why that injection and hcg medicine she has to take. After giving injection doc say to do sex for at least one week which is her evaluation period. But after doing 4 or 5 days continue sex on 6 or 7 day my penis not get erection. Or sometime after erection sperm not get released during intercourse. So is it normal? If not what food or medicine or anything should I start or stop for better sex.
My period got delayed by 4 days, I am worried checked the pregnancy test kit. It shows negative, Wht to do.
I have missed my periods since two months. I'm sexually active but have safe sex. I took urine pregnancy test too to rule out the possibility of pregnancy and test were negative too, so what's wrong with me and y I don't get my periods. I have an history of irregular periods from last 7-8 months but for continuous 2 months is for the first time, pls help?
Hi Dr. Mere period continue 5 days. It could not stop it. I am worried. How to stop it. Wt I am doing to stop it. Plzzzz help me.
My wife is pregnant since around twenty weeks now. She started feeling baby movements since last four or five days. However, since last night there is no visible movement observed. Kindly tell me what to do. Her age is 32. We had two miscarriages previously the last one in 2013.
One of the silent diseases in the female population, endometriosis can be symptomless for years and sometimes even decades, but can sometimes manifest itself quickly. The uterus is lined on the inner side by a tissue known as endometrium. When this tissue is found in other parts (fallopian tubes, abdomen, near the ovaries, etc., it is known as endometriosis.
Causes: The exact cause for endometriosis is not clear. There is a possibility that during the regular period, there could be spilling of the tissue back into the fallopian tube, from where it reaches the ovaries or other organs and gets implanted.
There are certain predisposing factors for a woman to develop this condition, including genetic correlation and non-menopausal women. The female hormone estrogen is essential for the development of endometriosis. There are also immunological reasons attributed to the development. It can range from minimal to mild to moderate to severe.
Symptoms: From being completely benign to causing severe pain, endometriosis can present itself in varying ways. The implanted tissue can be minimal like a small lump to large clumps. The symptoms are not dependent on the size of the implanted tissue, however,
- Painful menstruation: One of the most common causes of non-menstrual cramps, the pain is different from usual menstrual pain, starts a few days before the period and can last up to after the period.
- Pelvic pain: One of the most common causes of pelvic pain, this can happen wherever the implanted tissue is. In severe cases, this tissue can also bind different organs, forming what are called adhesions. The bladder or the bowels may adhere to the uterus. These are more painful than individual lumps of tissue outside the uterus.
- Intermenstrual bleeding: There could be spotting to severe bleeding between the regular cycles.
- Painful sex: There is a deep pain within the pelvis and it can lead to losing interest in sex.
- Infertility: The most severe symptom and complication is not being able to become pregnant.
Treatment: If there is no symptom and fertility is not an issue, then it is possible that no treatment is required. However, depending on symptoms and complications, the following are done.
- If pain is the only main problem, painkillers are administered
- Surgical treatment may be required if there is severe bleeding and adhesions complicating the situation.
This will also relieve other symptoms:
- Hormone therapy is also an option for treating endometriosis.
- If you are having pelvic pain and irregular bleeding, bring it up with your doctor. Even if it is not endometriosis, a thorough check up will put your mind at rest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I had an intercourse without protection and then had I pill but I was chewing a gum and swallowed both at the same time. So in order to be sure I had another I pill in next 5 mins. Next two days were full of pain and cramps. And now today 8 days since then I had I pills I got periods and its been 10 days only since my last cycle. My periods got 20 days pre-poned. Is there something to worry about? Shall I take some medicines or consult a doctor?
Me and my fiancee had sex on 21st of last month but condom broke so she had a ipill in 3 hours. She had bleeding from 25th to 29th. We again had sex on 5th of this month. Her regular periods starts from 23rd of every month and never delayed. But this time she did not have periods and its 28. Any chance of getting pregnant?
I am 27 years old. I got married since 3 yrs. I want to know that my uterus is slight retroverted uterus. So is there any complication in conceiving a child. Nd my periods are only 2 days. Nd its brown in colour.
Laser hair reduction is a good option for people who have unwanted hair and want reduction of them. Laser is a blessing for those who are frustrated with waxing, trimming, epilators and other hair removal options like shaving or trimmers. Laser hair reduction in the past was done by machines which use to take long hours as the size of the handpiece was small and area per shot covered was also small. We in our center have the latest technology which has a larger handpiece size and thus covers 10 times the area in a single shot as compared to the smaller handpiece. Since the bigger handpiece has a larger spot size, so no pain sensation is there to the patient. This is really comfortable for the patient and thus patients are very confortable for full body laser hair removal as no paim is there and its done without icing, gels or cooling and thus the comfort zone for the patient is achieved.