Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JayashreeYour feedback matters!
I am 23 married since 8 months, I am getting period regularly, but this month it is getting delay for 7 days feeling abdominal cramps, knee pain, little bit of thick white discharge for 2 days All feels like mensuration but still I did not get my periods. Is this normal or sign of pregnancy? I am waiting for pregnancy. Thank you.
I am facing weakness issue and my periods are missed. I want to know that am I pregnant still co I havr checked twice and it was negative. My period date was yesterday that is 12 but I checked my pregnancy test before. please help me with this issue.
Hello, I am Dr Shobha Gupta. I am a director at Mothers Life IVF centre and here at Mothers Life IVF centre, we are treating the infertile couples.
So, first of all, we want to tell you, what is infertility?
Of the couple is unable to conceive after one year of unprotected sex and they are unable to conceive and pregnancy is not happening you must go to a specialist and infertility specialist basically an IVF centre, where all the facilities are available.
What are the causes of infertility in females?
It might be a tubal blockage and the tubes are not working and they are blocked, irregular menstrual cycle. Ovulation is not happening at the proper time and the couple is unaware about the fertile period and certain myths are there. In males, the basic problem is in the sperms either the decreased sperm count or the decreased motility is there. Lifestyle plays a vital role in causing infertility these days and stress is the main problem and also the diet and us after seeing lot many cases of PCOS i.e, Polycystic ovarian Syndrome, where the cycles are very irregular and the females are getting obese. There is hirsutism, that is unwanted facial hair and unwanted hair on the body and irregular menstrual cycle and they are not ovulating at the proper time. So these are lifestyle disorders. So you have to manage your weight. You have to improve your lifestyle. You have to manage your stress and then you have to consult an infertility specialist and go to an IVF centre so that all the tests are being done at the single time and where the problem is diagnosed and you are treated properly.
What are the treatment options available?
Suppose, the lady is not ovulating at the proper time so we do certain medications so that you can ovulate and then we do the follicular monitoring and then we tell you the fertile period. If the sperm count is less and the ovulation is not proper, then we can give you certain injections so that the egg ruptures and we can do IUI i.e, Intra Uterine Insemination . The Intra- cytoplasmic sperm injection is second option if the tubes are blocked and if the infertility is more than 3 to 4 years of duration. You can go to an infertility centre like an IVF centre we can do an IVF i.e, In vitro Fertilization, where we extract your eggs, match with your husband’s sperm and create an embryo and transfer in the uterus of the patient and they can conceive.
These days the success rate of IVF is very good and especially at our centre, it is brilliant because we treat you. Basically, we modify your lifestyle also we modify your stress level and then we treat you and the success rate is very good. In cases of male infertility, the Intra- cytoplasmic sperm injection is a very good technique to be opted for. In this, we inject the sperm directly and then we create embryos into the wife’s womb and they conceive very easily. So Intra- cytoplasmic sperm injection is the basic technique which should be used in like olygospermia where the counts are decreased and motility is decreased.
So, I am also available at Lybrate . If you want more information and any help our center is having all the facilities available.
You can consult me at lybrate , you can take appointment. You can consult me online; you can give a phone call.
All the best and stay healthy.
On tenth week of pregnancy I found slight heavy bleeding with some blood clot and after USG it shows My Baby is Fine with heart beat 186. My pregnancy is IUI pregnancy Please tell me the reason for bleeding and the percentage of success rate of pregnancy in these cases.
My wife wanted to have a laser based family planning operation instead of normal family planning surgery. Will it be safe as normal? Can we have intercourse without condoms after this surgery? How safe is this?
Black pepper is one of the oldest spices known to mankind. It is found in abundant quantities in the Southern states of Kerala. Its medicinal qualities can successfully counter disorders such as indigestion, pyorrhea, cough, dental problems and cardiovascular diseases. Black pepper is extensively used for food preservation owing to its antibacterial properties. Being rich in fiber, vitamin C, manganese, vitamin K, it acts as a great anti-inflammatory agent as well.
Here are some of the well-known benefits of black pepper:
- Beneficial for stomach: Black pepper enhances the secretion of HCL i.e. hydrochloric acid in the stomach which in turn facilitates digestion. This ensures proper digestion and keeps away diseases such as colic and diarrhea. Pepper enhances urination and sweating which in turn ensures that external toxin has a safe way out. It also has the capability to limit gas formation within the body.
- Weight Loss: Black Pepper’s outer layer helps in breaking fat cells. Also, foods that are made with pepper are an effective way to shed weight. Once the fat cells are broken down, the body uses it as a component of enzymatic reactions. The excess fats are eradicated from the body. Black pepper can be used in curries or consumed daily in the morning along with hot water to fetch rich benefits.
- Skin Health: Pepper is a very good agent in curing skin diseases such as vitiligo. The latter is a condition where patches of skin lose the normal pigmentation and become white. Recent studies have shown that pepper combined with UV therapy is a better alternative compared to chemical-heavy treatments. Furthermore, black pepper can successfully prevent skin cancer.
- Respiratory Relief: Pepper is known to be extremely effective when it comes to cough and cold. It is known to be a great agent for nasal congestion and sinusitis. The expectorant property of the black pepper is known to attack the phlegm and mucus and give instant relief. The fact that it is a natural irritant, helps the mucus to get out of the body through the nostrils. This helps the body to heal quickly.
- Peptic ulcer and whooping cough: Quite a few studies have shown that black pepper is beneficial for patients suffering from peptic ulcer and gastric mucosal. The anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties also help to treat respiratory diseases such as asthma and persistent cough.
- Anti-oxidant properties: The anti-oxidant properties of black pepper help to counter the effects of the free radicals, helps in fighting cardiovascular diseases successfully and counter life-threatening diseases such as cancer. Furthermore, it can help the body fight premature ageing conditions such as macular degeneration, spots, wrinkles etc. Studies have also proved that black pepper enhances memory and impair memory loss.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi im 19 years old and my bf is of 23 years old .yesterday we had unprotected sex .my period date for this month is on 12 nov and he removed his penis as soon as sperm came .i am worried that if I get pregnant, should I consume any pill or have test.
I want to get pregnant in the month of may and would follow doctors advice of having intercourse from day 11 to day 21 (alternative days) after periods and hav 5 mg folic acid. What are the chances that I can really get pregnant? I am really worried and want to get pregnant soon. I am trying since a week and feeling a bit of heaviness in my stomach and feeling sleepy too. Do you think I should check the pregnancy. If the result comes negative so I do not want to delay my pregnancy I want it any how so how can I get d goal achieved In the month of may itself.
It is skin condition having whiteheads, blackheads, pimples or oily skin. Acne may be mild, moderate or severe. Blackheads and whiteheads are classified as the mild acne while pustules on face is considered as moderate acne. When nodules and cyst are present then it is classified as the severe acne. Acnes appear on face which is natural oily lubricant of skin, is produced in excess and blocks the pores.
Onset of pubertyhormonal condition (menopause, contraceptives) improper care of initial acnedietoily skinconstipation
Face mask of triphala churn and turmeric: take half tablespoon of triphala churn and half tablespoon of turmeric. Add warm water and make a thick paste. Apply it over acne and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash it gently with water. Triphala and turmeric has antibiotic properties and it removes clog from pores. It even prevents sear formation. Apply it three times a day. If acnes are related with period then avoid spicy and salty food for 10 days before period. Face mask of nutmeg powder and honey: take 1 tablespoon of nutmeg powder and 1 tablespoon of honey. Mix it properly and apply this mixture over acnes for 15-20 minutes. Wash it gently with water. Aloe vera based gels can be used for 5 days to heal acnes. Wash face 4 -5 times in a day with cold water without soap. It helps to reduce excess sebum.
I am a girl.I am afraid of heaving sex for the first time as it is very painfull.Plss tell me if there is any medicine to reduce the pain
We had an intercourse on 13th Feb followed by regular periods from 8th March. Now I am 7days late for my period. Can I be pregnant by any chance?
The body is in a constant state of metabolism, which produces toxins or waste substances that need to be removed. Not removing them can affect the efficiency of the whole body system and result in various diseases.
Ayurveda believes that an individual’s well-being and overall health are the results of balance maintained between the three body fluids (pitta, Vata, and Kapha). Regular detoxification helps in restoring balance and thereby preventing diseases.
Read on to know some of the most effective detox methods from Ayurveda.
- Fasting: One of the best ways to clear the body of accumulated toxins is fasting. Fasting for shorter periods at regular intervals (like a chosen day of the week every week) is preferred. The overall benefits are reduced gas, fresher breath, mental clarity, overall well-being, and detoxification. You can choose to fast with only fruits, only water, only light foods, or complete fast depending on your body.
- Panchakarma massage: There are structured massage programs using essential oils and last for 4 days. There is a simple dietary regimen to be followed which washes the digestive system thoroughly and flushes out toxins through the colon.
- Detox programs: Ayurveda has detox programs of varying periods from daily to 4 days to 45 days. The salient features of these detox programs would be the same. There is a reference to ama which is the undigested residue from food that is present in the colon. During any of the detox program, the objective is to remove the ama, which is believed to be the causative factor for all digestive diseases.
- Eat at the same time every day, with complete attention on the food
- Do not fast or skip meals
- Eat only if you are hungry, after the previous meal has completely digested
- Do not eat to your full capacity
- When at your table, give 2 minutes before eating and 2 minutes after finishing the meal
- The lunch should be the main meal, with lighter meals at breakfast and dinner
- Eat warm, fresh, light vegetarian foods like roti, daal, whole grains, and vegetables.
- Sleep well, as your body requires more sleep during this process
- Hydrate yourself with warm water and/or teas to help flush out toxins
- Develop a regular light exercise regimen, which will improve digestion and eliminate wastes
- Try massage like Abhyanga followed by a warm shower
With these simple steps, see yourself detoxed and healthy with renewed vitality and energy. These are preferred to be done at the change of season to a colder one so that the body is rid of the toxins and fresh to take on the season. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Sir/ma'am ,this month I had my periods on 12-12-16. But again 31-12-16. Again im hv periods. Can this happen.
Hi I am 4.5 months pregnant, Mere cervix me gap aa gaya tha isliye mujhe utres me stiches lagaye h, mujhe kya precautions rakhne chahiye. Pls help.
Is it normal for a girl to have irregular period if she is sexually active with her boyfriend ? And is that the main cause for her irregular periods ? Or the irregular periods problem is common with womens and girls?
Recently I got married and we planned that not to have child right now. What is the process to mate with my partner with safely way. Can you help me regarding this.
I am 34 weeks 3 days pregnant. Yesterday I went for ultrasound and my doctor told that my baby's head size is big. Is that a big problem? BPD - 87 MM HC - 320 MM AC - 317 MM FL - 66 MM.
The body has multiple chemicals called hormones, which regulate many of its functions. Increased or decreased levels of these hormones affect various functions including metabolism, growth and sexual functions. Thyroxin produced by the thyroid (situated in the front of the neck) is one such hormone, which has a significant role to play in metabolism.
Graves’ disease is one of the main causes of hyperthyroidism, where there is excessive production of thyroid hormones. Graves’ disease is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the body reacts against its own tissues. It is very common in women than men, especially after 20 years of age. Family history also has a strong correlation in developing Graves’ disease. The high levels of thyroid hormone increase the rate of metabolism, thereby altering weight, mental energy levels, physical stamina, and also mood.
Thyroid hormone is related to metabolism and more amount of it lead to higher metabolism. This causes the following symptoms.
- Intolerance to heat
- Excessive sweating
- Nervousness and anxiety
- Inability sleep, as the mind is always excited
- Increased appetite (sometimes despite weight loss) due to higher metabolism
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Palpitations (rapid, loud heartbeat)
- Irregular heartbeats (tachyarrhythmia)
- Fine tremors of the extended arms
- Breast enlargement in men, known as gynecomastia
- Extreme moodiness, causing irritability and anger
- Inability to focus and concentrate
- General fatigue and shortness of breath with any exertion
- Increased frequency of bowel movements
In addition, the eye symptoms are quite diagnostic including:
- Protrusion of the eyes (exophthalmos), giving an impression that they are going to fall out
- Double vision
- Excessive tearing
- Increased irritation in the eyes
Diagnosis: The first symptom would be the presence of an enlarged thyroid gland (front of the neck above the collarbone), and the some of the above symptoms would be present.
In addition, tests to check for thyroid gland functioning including T3 and T4 levels would reveal increased amounts of hormone in the blood stream.
As a confirmatory test, the radioactive iodine uptake test also is done, which will indicate increased uptake by the thyroid gland. This indicates that the gland is functioning at an increased pace and requires additional iodine for the production of thyroid hormones.
Treatment: There are two approaches to it, one to control the symptoms and the other to control the thyroid gland per se.
- Beta blockers are very useful in controlling rapid heart rate and anxiety.
- Prednisone may be used to control eye irritation and swelling
- Antithyroid drugs are used to control the production of thyroid
- Radioactive iodine is given orally to control excessive thyroid production
- In severe cases, thyroid gland may be surgically removed partially or completely
Graves’ disease is not life-threatening and once symptoms are controlled, the patient’s quality of life improves drastically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist.