Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JayashreeYour feedback matters!
The thought of going under the knife to treat your spine problem may give rise to a range of emotions; make you ponder over a number of things such as the recovery period, procedure and techniques involved and so on. Nonetheless, before opting for the surgery, there are certain points that you should go over and these are:
- Be well aware of the cause of your pain - Identifying the cause that is behind your pain is vital in order to decide whether the surgery is going to prove beneficial in the long run or not. If the cause is not identified as the right one, the surgery may prove futile and you may not get the pain relief that you're looking for.
- Gather detailed information about your spine surgeon - Before visiting the spine surgeon, you should collect detailed information about the specialist so as to be able to come up with appropriate questions concerning the surgery. From questions concerning about the surgeon's success and complication rates, numbers of surgeries performed to qualifications of the surgeon, these and much more should be part of your evaluation process.
- Prepare yourself before a consultation - It's good to prepare yourself before a medical consultation. Whether it's researching about the surgery and your condition or being well aware of your family's medical history, or details about the pain that you experience, or your expectations from the surgery, every aspect should be covered so that you derive the maximum benefit from your meeting.
- Carry out your own research - Carrying out your own research on the alternatives before opting for the surgery can put you on a better footing. It's imperative to compare the opinion put forward by the surgeon from genuine sources so that you're better able to understand the merits and demerits of the treatment.
I am suffering from vaginal discharge. What I should do to stop it. It is very irritating me .so please can you suggest any remedy. My periods are regular but I will get period for 21 days.
I have a relationship from last 6 years and I lost my virginity now my marriage is arranged with another person I don't want to tell him about my relationship. Will you please help me to get out of it? And i'm not that much reach ki I do certain surgery?
Hello doctor my period date was 10 of every month . Me and my boyfriend participated in sex on june 26 by using condom but 3 to 4 times he just inserted without condom for foreplay then july 12 I got periods and have heavy bleeding for three days (i ate sesame seeds a lot to get periods ). Recently ten days back my leg got regiment tear because of that for past ten days am suffering a lot with pain today is aug 13 my periods did not come am afraiding that I will be pregnant ? I read in internet tat bleeding will because of implantation will that bleeding will be implantation bleeding ah r else because of my leg injury my periods getting delayed ah I want to know ? Please reply clearly mention what to do now.
Hiii doctor, is it necessary to use contraceptic pill? what if we use condom, and if I took birth control then will it effect me in future.?
4 Proven ways of getting rid of dark circles
If your eyes have dark circles under them, then it surely points towards an unhealthy and hectic lifestyle. Dark circles not only have a negative effect on your appearance, but are also an indication of various underlying health problems such as poor sleeping patterns, allergies to certain foods or substances, asthma and anaemia to name a few. However, the good news is that you can easily get rid of dark circles and under eye puffiness by following a few simple remedies.
1. Cover your eyelids with cucumber or potato slices for a few minutes daily
Cucumber is known to be a natural skin lightening agent and even acts as a mild astringent (substances that cause body tissues to shrink), helping in removing dark circles. Moreover, applying cucumber on your eyes will give you a soothing and rejuvenated feeling. On the other hand, potatoes have bleaching properties, which make them effective against dark circles and puffiness of the eyes.
Directions: Slice a fresh cucumber and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover your eyelids with the thick slices and let them remain there for 10 minutes. Use cool water to rinse the area around your eyes. Do this two times a day for about a week.
Alternatively, you can use potato slices in the same way for your eyes. The only difference is that you don’t need to chill the potatoes.
2. Try soothing your eyes using cool tea bags
Tannin is an active ingredient of tea, which is known for eliminating skin discoloration. Moreover, application of cold tea bags over closed eyes reduces fatigue and cools your eyes. You can use them one or two times every day for a few weeks to eliminate dark circles completely.
Directions: Take 2 tea bags and soak them in water. Keep them in the refrigerator for some time till they get chilled. Put one tea bag on each eye and leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse your eyes after removing the tea bags.
Tip: For best results use chamomile or green tea bags.
3. Ensure that your facial muscles get some exercise daily
Exercising your facial muscles regularly helps in accelerating the body’s natural blood flow, thereby improving your skin tone and removing dark circles and puffiness of the eyes.
Directions: Gently start massaging the area around your eyes with the tips of your fingers using circular movements. Continue by proceeding towards the top of your eyebrows. Move your fingers under your eyes and at the upper portion of your cheekbones. Then gently stroke the area under your eyes with your index fingers. Repeat the entire process 4 times.
4. Include yoga or meditation in your daily routine
Dark circles are often caused by factors like chronic stress and a hectic lifestyle. Practicing yoga and meditation regularly helps in beating dark circles as it reduces stress by keeping your body, mind and soul calm. Moreover, meditation relaxes you completely and ensures a healthy lifestyle, which further diminishes the prominence of dark circles.