Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. JayasenthilYour feedback matters!
I have one problem, I underwent orthodontics 2 months ago, in the mouth left side down I have a pimple or ulcer, I complex tablets for 10 days, I used ulcer ointment also, but problem is, in the down, my bracket having sharp pain, it touching to ulcer place always whenever my lip talks, that's the reason, it unable to cure, I used to put coconut in that place but still same problem. Pls giv idea?
I am 48 years old. Please provide me treatment for teeth shaking in gum the last 2 month. After chewing food feeling pain in teeth Please suggest me the right medicine and also suggest me what is the cost of replacing the new teeth in place of old teeth.
Teeth are remarkably strong, but they can chip, crack (fracture) or break. This can happen in several ways:
- Biting down on something hard
- Being hit in the face or mouth
- Having cavities that weaken the tooth
- Having large, old amalgam fillings that don't support the remaining enamel of the tooth
When a tooth chips or breaks, it may not hurt. However, your tongue usually feels the sharp area quite quickly. Minor tooth fractures usually don't cause pain, but if a large piece of the tooth breaks off, it can hurt. The nerve inside the tooth may be damaged. Extreme discomfort also can happen when nerve endings in the dentin are exposed to air, or to hot or cold foods or drinks.
Some of the types of cracked teeth, in increasing order of severity of the crack are listed below.
- Craze lines: These thin, shallow lines are limited to the outer layer of enamel and are very common in adults. They are not painful and only cause a mild esthetic concern.
- Fractured cusp: The tip of the front teeth or the cusp of the molars could be broken. In both cases, if only the enamel is chipped off, then there is no pain. However, if it extends into the dentin, it can cause sensitivity.
- Cracked tooth: The line of breakage is along the tooth, vertically extending towards the root, but the tooth is not split. This can be quite painful and requires immediate attention. Early intervention is helpful in preventing tooth loss.
- Split tooth: If the damage is even greater, then the crack continues through the length of the tooth and splits the tooth into two. This cannot be saved and in most cases will require extraction.
- Vertical root fracture: A blow to the lower line of the lower jaw can cause an injury like this. The crack begins in the root of the tooth and extends toward the crown. This leads to infection of the surrounding gums and teeth which is when they are usually detected.
The following are common methods to treat cracked teeth.
- Dental bonding: Dental bonding is a procedure, wherein, a tooth-colored composite material is applied to a tooth, sculpted into shape, hardened, and polished. It is called bonding because the material bonds to the tooth. An adhesive material resembling the tooth is permanently applied to mask and reinforce the crack lines making the tooth both esthetic and strong at the same. In newer treatments, there's a newer material that repairs cracks and can even salvage teeth that are even vertically fractured but prognosis depends from case to case. Dental bonding is ideal fixing a broken or chipped tooth or closing small gaps between teeth.
- Veneer: A thin layer of enamel is removed and either porcelain or composite is used to replace this enamel and the lost tooth structure. This can be used in cases of fractured cusps and broken edges of incisors also. Veneers make teeth look natural and healthy. Because they are very thin and are held in place by a special, strong adhesive, very little preparation of the tooth is needed. Some types of veneers don't need any preparation at all.
- Crowns: In some cases, especially molars, if the amount of tooth lost is significant, then a full crown may be needed to restore the tooth structure. For a crown to be placed without root canal, there should be no pain in the tooth.
- Root canal: If the crack is vertical or involves the root portion of the tooth, then it is very likely that the tooth will require root canal treatment. The root needs to be cleared of infection, and if there is significant tooth material lost, then a crown also would be required.
- Extraction: If a tooth has been broken, your dentist will try to fix it with a bonding, veneer, crown or other treatment. Sometimes, though, there's too much damage or has been vertically fractured and cannot be salvaged. In this case, it requires a removal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
Right kidney hydrouretetronephrosis due to 6.8mm UV junction calculus. Right kidney also shows multiple calculi approx 5.6mm upper pole a d 4.2 mm mid pole and 3.7 mm lower pole. Left kidney 5.1mm mid pole and 4.4 mm lower pole. Retro peritoneum partially obscured by bowel gases. However grossly no evidence of lymphadenopathy. Impression- Multiple bilateral renal calculi and Right UV junction calculus causing obstructive uropathy. Can this be treated medically or needs surgery?
Hi my teeth are breaking i guess they are brittle. Front teeth i went to the dentist he said may be it is deficiency of calcium what can i do. Shall i get my calcium tested and can there by any other reason for the same so that i an get tests in one go
Say me the best toothpaste available. As I eat more non veg daily and my friends say you are somewhat smelling.
I spit a lot when I smoke is that a problem? if yes, what can it be? I am a 22 male smoking for 4 years now.
I brush 2 times per day , and I am using mouth wash, but still the problem bad smell from mouth remains , what is the reason for that?
My 14 year old sister looks alot older and is very tall (5,11) we went to get her teeth x-rays and they did not show the normal teeth of a normal 14 year old girl, they showed teeth of a 20 year. Always gets mistaken for an adult. Should we take her to a doctor or something?
We kill them because of ignorance.
Visit your dentist once in a 6 month for routine check up
Aftr initial tooth decay in between the teeth wat will b the time required for severe infections dat requires a root canal treatment.
Implants can last up to 20 years if high quality solutions are purchased. This is much longer than standard dentures are able to last for. If you choose dentures, you may be forced to visit the dentist again and again to have your dentures renewed. If you do not look after your dentures properly, they can degrade quickly and become unusable.
Unlike dentures, dental implants sit in a fixed position in your mouth. Because they are often not permanent, dentures can rock or shift in position. This can make eating less comfortable, especially if you want to eat something which is crunchy or harder. Because they may be unstable, it can put unnatural and uneven pressures on some areas of your mouth. However, this is much less of a problem with dental implants, as they are fixed in position. Because they are fixed, you also don't have to worry about them falling out when talking or eating, which means that you can avoid some embarrassing situations.
Dental implants are often fitted with comfort in mind. Rather than transferring the force of chewing to your gums, as some dentures can do, implants transfer the force of chewing to your jaw bone. Natural teeth transfer the force to your jaw as well, so this is the most comfortable solution. Food is also much less likely to get trapped under these implants, due to the way that they are fitted into your jaw. This contrasts with removable dentures, which food often gets stuck underneath.
Wearing dentures can worsen receding gums and speed up the degradation of your jaw bone. Both of these things can lead to more serious health issues. On the other hand, dental implants reduce stress on your gums, so long as you maintain an appropriate oral healthcare routine. Scientists all believe that implants encourage bone stimulation and reduce bone decay in your jaw.
Many people who wear cheap dentures feel unconfident, especially talking or eating. This means that they often have a reduced quality of life, because they do not socialise as much as they would like to, or they do not visit the restaurants that they would like to visit. Good quality implants can give people the confidence to continue to live in the way that they want to live. By choosing implants rather than dentures, you are opening yourself up to a range of different possibilities.