Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jayaselva SenthilkumarYour feedback matters!
My mother'age is 55. She suffering from migraine since 10 year back.? What is the accurate treatment for it.
My son about 22 years of age having slight vibration in hand when took glass in hand since last month. What may be the cause and what is the line of treatment.?
My daughter of 2 years and eight months is suffering from mild autism and ADHD where can we get the help for her ?
Sir I want to know if well controlled diabetes have any effect on normal body temperature and with well controlled diabetes how much time it takes to develop neuropathiy.
My daughter aged 18 yrs is cereral palsy patient. She is under the treatment of cmc vellore since 2002. She is going to school on walk but not comfortably moving both legs and hands as muscle are getting stiff and tight despite regular phyiotherapy &walking. Please note that this year she has appeared in the madhyamik exam. Please let me know whether any treatment is available so that she can move easily &adjust himself in the society.
My brother is suffering from motor axonal neuropathy of bilateral peroneal nerves. Where his ncv of left peroneal is 28. 70m/s and right peroneal is 45. 85m/s and left tubal is 34. 51m/s and right tubal is 37. 86m/s. He is feeling severe burning sensation in left foot and unable to walk due to pain. He is also feeling some pain in right foot from thumb but able to place the leg on floor. Kindly suggest the percentage of damage as per above data and necessary steps to follow for the recovery.
What we have to do for migraine headache it is giving very big problem to me I can not handle it what is the solution for it.
Mere ko twitching hoti hai. Kabi legs me. Kabi arm me. Kabi abdomen me. Aab blood test thyriod profile, vitamen test normal hai. Kya kahi yeh alas toh nahi hai. Yeh 2015 november se ho raha hai. Tab doctor ne mere ko chest pain ke lie gabapentine dia tha 15 days ke lie. Jab se october 2015 me gabapentin 15 days baad stop kia toh tab se hi twitching ho rahi hai.
Soon after I get up my nerves become heavy, I feel mentally tired, I dont have any other disease. I feel some bubbles bursting sound in my mind. Which medicine should I take?
I am a female 49 years old. My pressure is always 140/80 -180/90. I was given to understand that my pressure is due to my thyroid (Hypothyroid). My right hand fingers except the little finger is numb and cramped. What should I do?
Hello Doctor, My Mother in law is 60 Years old and she is suffering from Cerebral atrophy. We consult many neurologist and psychiatrist but we found there is not much change in her condition in fact it is getting worst day by day. Can any one suggest me the what are the risk associated with this disorder, Is it curable or not. What is the probability of recovery. Some of the common things which we notice daily like odd choices of words, the use of partial phrases, disjointed clauses, and incomplete sentences. We want to help her best. Please suggest me.
Does Daxid 50 mg (two tablets daily) have a role to play in curing sleep apnea? Or is it only to treat depression?
During a febrile seizure, the body of a child may convulse, shake and contract, the eyes may roll, and he or she may moan or become unconscious. This type of seizure is usually for a few minutes, but in rare cases can last up to 15 minutes.
Febrile seizures stop on their own while the fever persists until treated. While some children may feel sleepy afterwards, others do not have lasting effects.
Seizures in toddlers may be caused due to the following factors
- Epilepsy - Epilepsy is defined categorically as two or more seizures without any acute cause. Epilepsy can occur at any age, but it is usually diagnosed in infants and young children.
- Body temperature - Body temperature may indicate a crisis in small children. High body temperatures or low body temperature can cause seizures in a toddler. These types of seizures occur only once or twice in children two years or younger, often after an illness. This type of seizure due to the fortification of the body temperature is considered a febrile convulsion.
- Dehydration - Febrile seizures can also occur due to dehydration. Dehydration is a direct result of previous illness that included sweating and fever.
- Physical condition - A child who is in poor physical condition can also be prone to seizures. Malnutrition or a body weakened by disease or illness makes small children more susceptible to crises.
- Family History - Family history can play a role in toddlers or children with seizures. If a family member suffered from the tendency or had convulsions, particularly febrile seizures as a child, this trait can be inherited.
Treating febrile seizures
If your child has a febrile seizure, stay calm and:
- Make sure your child is in a safe place and does not fall or hit something hard
- Place your child on his side to prevent choking
- Watch for signs of breathing difficulties, including any colour change in the face of your child
- If the seizure lasts more than a few minutes or your child turns blue, it may be a more serious type of seizure; connect with doctors immediately
Febrile seizures can be frightening to witness, but remember they are fairly common and are not usually a symptom of a serious disease, and in most cases does not lead to other health problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
If headache of migraine starts then what should I do for instant relief from that Headache? It's so hard to bear that pain.
I have problem related to the brain because some time I forget what was I doing and I consulted many neurologists they told that it's a type of epilepsy so please tell me what should I do now.
The moment when you learn about your child being autistic can be a life changing moment for you. You might feel all the dreams and aspirations which you built around your child come crashing down on a pile of zilch. However, recent developments in this field show that you can certainly take steps to make your child more comfortable and bond well with them.
Autism related disorder usually begin before the age of 3, when the child starts encountering problems in communication and social interaction. This article tries to help you find a way to deal with an autistic child:
- Learn more about autism: Learn about autism as much as you can; a broad understanding of the causes and symptoms of the disorder can help you understand your child better. This will also enable you to respond to your child’s needs better, both physical and psychological.
- Build a strong support system: It is difficult to parent a child who is suffering from autism. Communicating and interacting with your child might be extremely difficult and problematic. In order to overcome this stress, you should have a strong support network, a support network from which you can draw your strength and logic once you have to take major life decisions for your child.
- Review your treatment options: It is advisable to start treatment immediately after the diagnosis is done. Early treatment can help better your child’s cognitive skills that can help him/her cope better with the surroundings and circumstances. The treatment options include behavioral training whereby self-help or social skills training is used to work on the child’s communication skills and behavior. Specialized therapy is another option whereby the therapies are directed at a particular aspect of the child, primarily speech or physical functioning.
- Focus on your child’s diet: Diet plays an important role in the regularization of any disease. Even in case of autism, deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals makes it very important to analyze the diet and then assess it. Consult with the doctor before making any modification to the child’s diet.
- Behavioral training: Behavioral training is an aspect of autism treatment that allows the child to adapt to various conditions. Before a child undergoes behavioral training, it is advised to assess his/her behavior, functional abilities and the environment your child belongs to. The objective of this therapy or training is to induce desired behavior and get rid of the undesirable ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.