Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Jayaraman JagadeesanYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old girl. I am having cellulites on my thigh and calf area. I want to get rid of it as soon as possible. please advice.
I am 16 male and have some problem called "postural HYPOTENSION" can you just explain that thing why it is so.Please tell.
The Anterior Cruciate Ligament or ACL tear is a very common problem with athletes and with people who have an active lifestyle. In fact, this can also be caused by any accident due to sudden movement.
Importance of ACL-
The ACL is the supporting ligament, which runs diagonally from back to front right in the middle of the knee, connecting the femur bone and the tibia, and helps the tibia not to come before the femur. Thus the balance of the knee during back and forth movements and the entire stability of the knee joint is secured by this very important piece of ligament.
What leads to an injury to the ACL?
Here are a few actions that may result in a ligament tear.
Sudden stopping while running or slowing down from a fast speed
Sudden change in direction
Uncontrolled jumping from a height
Direct hitting with an object or person
What happens when the ACL is torn?
If the ACL is torn, the stability of your knee is gone, and you feel as if you have no control over the joint. Moreover, it causes extreme pain and instant swelling. Swelling usually appears within 24 hours of the injury.
Treatment of ACL Injury-
Recovery from an ACL tear is possible only after a surgery. Without surgery, the affected will not be able to return to sports or athletics, or may not be able to run and make swift movements again as before. However, to avoid surgery, there are non-invasive treatments for the aged and people who require moving less.
Non-invasive Treatment: Bracing is one treatment where braces are given to support the knee joint during movement and also to avoid further injury. This is effective for the elderly who need minimum movement and may manage daily activities with a braced knee. Also, crutches add to the support and let the weaker knee get rest. This is followed by physical therapy. But the swelling has to reduce before starting it. Many exercises and controlled movements over a long time help in getting back agility in movement gradually.
- Surgical Treatment: Once the swelling subsides, doctors would plan for an Arthroscopic (Key-Hole Surgery) ACL reconstruction. In this Doctor make a graft of a tendon. This graft is inserted into the joint and fixed in anatomical position in femur and tibia Arthroscopically so that the newly created ACL functions like the natural one. This is the only way to get back the ligament in whole as the torn ligament cannot be stitched. Surgery is done through arthroscope and recovery time is 15 days for resuming day to day activities and 3 to 6 month for resuming sports activities with continued physical therapy after the surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist and ask a free question.
Hi I have a severe back pain .I can't say it's entirely a back pain because the pain changes its place .sometimes in upper back .sometimes lower .sometimes at sides .I can't say when it is where. And also it's prevailing from 1 yr. My height is 5.9 and I've been in weights of 105 .85. And now 93 .in all my weights pain is same .this pain occurs when I get up after a few hours of work by sitting or after sleep only .and again it becomes normal .plz help .I went to a lot of doctors. In X ray also it's normal .they had told some physiotherapy exercises .I am doing it regularly but there is no decrease in pain. I am suffering a lot. please help me.
I am 38 years old. Feel sweet pain in my back. I am a smoker. About 3 month back gone thru health check up including chest X ray. All was normal.
I have a pain left side of neck and shoulder. Last week I played volleyball game, pool games and participated in group dance with friends.
I am feeling little stiffness in my right hand fingers in the middle joints when closing fist for the last about 15-20 days. It is of course minor and I don't have any joint pains in any other part of the body.
Sir mere ghutne udhate bedhate cut cut ki awaz karte hai. Iska upchar kya hai kabhi pain bhi rahta hai please help me
Hi doctor, I am having pain near my back since so many days & actually I met with an accident in my child hood one bike went from my back. I think that pain is showing now.
No matter what is the cause of a backache, a combination of core strengthening exercises, activity and physical therapy can help lessen the pain. A backache can be caused by something as simple as bending the wrong way. Hence, the first step towards dealing with a backache is to pay attention to daily movements. Homeopathy effectively deals with back pain, though it takes some time for the pain to subside.
Top homeopathic medicines for curing back pain are:
- Rus Tox: If you want to stop chronic condition of your back pain, then nothing can be the best option other than this medicine. Most of the homeopathic practitioners are now strongly recommending this medicine for severe cases. Only limited dosage of this medicine taken in a consistent manner can offer you more relief from your back pain and you can get greater relaxation.
- Bryonia: There are some prominent symptoms of back pain and they can be easily and efficiently alleviated by this medicine. If you have become pretty tired of trying homemade therapies, then you can try out this solution. This medicine can reduce your pain and inflammation within a few hours and you can get back to your daily activities with great energy. Apart from taking this medicine, you have to take enough rest so that your back can get relaxed. Your back motion can be smoothened and made flexible by taking the medicine.
- Arnica: Injured back often leads to severe back pain and it can be well treated by this homeopathic medicine. Both recent and past back-injuries can be treated using this medicine. This medicine is absolutely safe and thus you will not face any side-effects at all. Unwanted back stiffness and soreness within back muscles can also be minimized to a great extent with the consistent application of this medicine. Back motions can be made much more flexible by curtailing restlessness.
- Kali carb: This medicine is the best back-pain solution for females. Those females who have severe back pain immediately after delivery can get greater relief from this medicine. In this case, back muscles often develop cramping pains and these pains are very much irritating and thus you might feel disturbed. This is the reason doctors often recommend taking this medicine to fix the problem.