Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. JayapaulYour feedback matters!
For too long, nuts have been shunned from diets because they contain fat. On the contrary, nuts are actually good for you! Nuts contain many, many nutrients that are required by your body. So before you think skipping out on nuts is okay, read to know more.
Nuts and your health
Nuts contain fibre, protein, copper, magnesium, folic acid, vitamin E and monounsaturated fats. They are also packed with antioxidant phytochemicals. Thus, nuts are a powerhouse of nutrients that can greatly lower the danger of heart diseases. They also have been found to reduce bad cholesterol levels and increase good cholesterol levels. Also, nuts can prevent your arteries from hardening.
Nuts and your diet
Nuts are filling, nutritious and delicious, which is what every dieter wants in their diet. In fact, if you want to stay loyal to your diet, nuts could prove to be very helpful. The fibre and fat content in nuts is filling, curbing your hunger and making you eat less. Studies have found out, because this quality of nuts, people did lose weight when they incorporated nuts in their diet. It also helped them stick to their diets for a long time.
Nothing is good in excess, and sometimes too much of a good thing can end up harming you. Just because nuts are healthy, it doesn’t mean one should overindulge. Like every food, nuts too contain calories. The math is simple too much nuts equals extra calories. It is always better to control portion. While nuts are rich in dietary fibre and monounsaturated fats, you need to make sure you don’t eat it blindly.
Eating amnesia, where you don’t pay attention to what you’re eating, is common when it comes to nuts. When you eat nuts by a handful, chances are you don’t pay attention as you reach for that third or fourth serving. This adds to your calorie count. The best way to avoid eating amnesia is to control your portion. Pre-portion your nuts in bags, or grab a handful and stow away the rest.
Here are a few tips on how you can include nuts in your diet, and control their portions:
1. Add nuts to your cold or hot cereal for a wholesome breakfast
2. Scatter some almonds over yoghurt for a quick snack
3. Add some peanuts to level up your frozen yoghurt
4. Add nuts to muffins, waffles, pancakes or bread
5. Flavour your steamed vegetables with some nuts
I am 58 yrs old diabetic for last 20 years. I got kidney transplanted 4 months back and absolutely fine. Recently since last 10 days I find itching and burning in the anus and irregular passing f stools with little difficlty. I am afraid it may leead to piles problem. Please suggest me how to overcome this poblem.
It has been going for years, that I feel too much of constipation in the morning which takes me a good time getting done with my morning ablutions. Kindly suggest some homely remedy. Thanks.
Is eating vit e 400mg everyday after dinner good? Does it effects kidneys and liver if I am taking 1000mg daily? I take it everyday to stop morning pain due to bodybuilding and other stuff.
I am suffering from migraine for last 6-7 years. I am 19 years old. I have consulted to many doctors but the problem is still same. What should I do?
We live in an age where every single individual, more or less, is exposed to the risk of cancer. It is probably an unfavorable lifestyle we lead that deprives us of good health. This might alarm many but considerable changes in lifestyle can help you realize cancer as a preventable disease. Cancer does not only make you undergo severe suffering but it also affects your friends and family. The pallor of misery spreads wider than you think.
- Abstain from tobacco: Consuming raw tobacco or smoking tobacco can be equally detrimental to your health. Tobacco increases your chances of contracting the disease. As is known, passive smoking can also affect your health adversely. Tobacco can be the potential cause behind cancer of the mouth, throat, larynx, lungs, oral cavity and even the pancreas. It might harm your kidneys and cervix. It is upon you to quit tobacco at the earliest possible. One should also try and persuade friends and relatives to give up smoking.
- Drink alcohol in moderation: Complete abstinence from alcohol might not be possible if you have already been ushered into your work- life. The society might require you to be an occasional drinker. It is important to drink in moderation. Crossing the limit can propel consequences as serious as cancer of the stomach, pancreas, liver and the heart.
- A balanced and nutritious diet: Deciding on a plant- based diet or a Mediterranean diet can aid your fight against the risk of cancer. A Mediterranean diet will involve green leafy vegetables, lots of fresh fruits, whole grains, mixed nuts, legumes and also the use of extra- virgin olive oil. Fish can be a safe bet but red meat should be avoided. One must also try to avoid processed meat as they tend to make you prone to the risk of cancer.
- Immunization: Hepatitis B and HPV or Human papilloma virus vaccines are extremely necessary to protect you against the sexually transmitted types of cancer.
- Sun protection: Caring for your skin doesn't arise from vanity. Skin cancer is one of the most prevalent kinds of cancer; the chances of this disease can be restricted by remaining in shade especially during midday, by wearing covered clothes and by using a good sunscreen lotion repeatedly while outside.
- Exercise diligently: Did you think it was okay to have weaker muscles and bulging layers of fat? If yes, you probably have grown numb to the inadequacies you face in result. Unchecked fat can lead to obesity which further complicates health conditions. Metabolic activity differs from person to person. Regular exercising can help regulate metabolism according to the needs of your body. Physical exercise protects you against the risk of breast and colon cancer. Moderate or vigorous physical activity for 150 to 75 minutes a week respectively can reduce the risk of cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist.