Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JayapalYour feedback matters!
I am 60 years old. 5 years before I got sugar problem. Presently I am taking piokind 15 mg one tablet at night and piokind m15 one tablet at morning. Fasting sugat 104 and after food (2hrs) 202 is it required to take insuline injection?
Dr. My mother has been suffering from joint pain and muscle pain if she sits somewhere more than a hour then it becomes very difficult for her to get up yesterday I got her sugar and uric acid reports what I am sending you in picture please tell me that does her these reports and pain in joints has any concern.
I conduct a taste of thyroid and my report are t3 130.4, t45.71, tsh 5.15 Is it ok or not . please reply
I am 58 male, diabetic, my IgM IS AT LEVEL 29, LOW RANGE STARTS FROM 40 LEVEL, LOW ON ENERGY, TIRED, BACK PAIN, RECURRENT SINUS INFECTION, FESS DONE ABOUT 10 MONTHS BACK, ON PRE CT shows FUNGAL INFECTIONS IN SINUS, NOT TESTED FOR FUNGAL, POLYPS WERE REMOVED, ENT SURGEON DID NOT DO TEST OF STUFF REMOVED.
Hypertension or High Blood Pressure can trigger as well as worsen complications related to diabetes. Most people suffering from diabetes tend to develop hypertension later in their lives. Diabetes tends to increase one’s blood pressure, making him/her even more vulnerable to other heart diseases and cardio-vascular disorders. Diabetes often leads to a condition known as atherosclerosis, which is the hardening of the arteries. A combination of diabetes and hypertension drastically increases the risk of suffering from a heart disease. The risks of kidney diseases and retinopathy (damage to the tiny blood vessels present in the retina) also go up, resulting in blindness. With age, chronic hypertension can also result in numerous cognitive disorders such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease (degenerative mental disorder).
How to prevent Diabetes and Hypertension?
1. Walking for about 40 minutes each day or engaging in any type of aerobic exercise can better one’s heart health. Chalk out an exercise plan upon consulting the doctor
2. Limit drinking and abstain from smoking
3. Go for regular kidney check-ups
4. Eat food rich in fiber such as vegetables, fruits, breads or whole grain cereals
5. Examine blood pressure as well as blood sugar levels regularly at home
6. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga to cut down on stress level; as stress is one of the major contributors to diabetes and the subsequent hypertension
7. Shed off your extra pounds as blood pressure escalates with weight