Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayanthi
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. JayanthiYour feedback matters!
My eyes numbers are high. I want to join gym so is this affect my eyes if I join gym for my body fitness. Should it become more weak or gym does not affect my eyes.
Symptoms and treatment for Retinal Detachment
My name is Dr. Pandurang Kulkarni. I'm a Vitreoretinal Surgeon and Uveitis Specialist. I'll be talking about Retinal Detachment. A retina is a light sensitive tissue lying at the back of our eye. Light rays are focused on the retina where the impulses are produced and it is carried by an optic nerve to the brain where they are interpreted as images. Healthy and attached retina are necessary for clear vision. The middle of the eye is filled with a liquid called vitreous. It is in contact with the retina. As the age advances, the vitreous may shed and may separate from the retinal surface. Usually, the vitreous separation doesn't cause any problems but sometimes the separation can lead to the formation of breaks in the retina at one or multiple places.
Who is at a risk of developing retinal detachment? People with near sightedness, previous eye surgeries, severe eye trauma, family history of retinal detachment, retinal detachment in the fellow eye and presence of weak areas in the retina. Now, what are the symptoms of retinal detachment? A sudden increase in size or number of floatus, increase in flashes of light, drop in vision and appearance of shadow in the periphery of fluid transmission. The appearance of gray curtails like objects in the field of vision. Retinal detachment is a surgical condition. Retinal detachment is treated by pneumatic retinopathy, Sceral, Vitreo surgery or a combination of sceral and vitreous surgery. People at risk of retinal detachment should see an eye specialist regularly or at the onset of new symptoms which cause a problem in vision.
For more information, you can contact us through Lybrate.
How to rid of myopia short sightedness? Wt do's and dosent's we should do not and what is the diet we should take to get rid of myopia?
I have red eyes and mind confused, before last three days, so please give solution for this problem?
I have some burning in my eyes and I can not sleep due to that burning. So please suggest me medicine to cure that burning in eyes.
Eyes are very important organs as they provide you with the ability to process visual detail and detect light. However, because your eyes are exposed to harsh climate and pollutants, they can get spoilt. Here are a few basic tips you can follow to take care of your eyes:
- Eye yoga: Eye Yoga is an ancient method of relaxing your eyes and is also known as “palming”. All you need to do is cup your palms and place them over closed eyes in a way wherein your fingertips are touching your forehead. This helps in blocking out light completely. While cupping your eyes, take long, deep breaths which can help relax your eyes and mind.
- Eat healthy: It is important to eat healthy in order to maintain healthy eyes. Medical practitioners believe that vitamins have anti oxidants which slow down age related problems in the eye. You should be eating foods rich in Vitamin A, C and E, Zinc rich foods and foods with folic acid. Food items such as carrots, lettuce, spinach and kale can help in keeping your eyes healthy for longer.
- Wear dark sunglasses: Every time your eyes are exposed to the sun, they have to tolerate the harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. The ultraviolet rays can prove to be very damaging for your eyes as they affect the optic nerve. Hence, you should always wear dark coloured sunglasses in the sun to protect your eyes.
- Take breaks: Staring at a computer screen or a mobile screen all day can prove to be very harmful to your eyes. According to a study, when you stare a screen for too long, you blink lesser. This can lead to dry eyes.
- Get required rest: It is important to rest your eyes and free them of the strain they endure daily. Hence, you should aim to get at least 6-8 hours of sleep time daily to give them the required rest time.
- Quit smoking: Smoking cigarettes can be harmful for your eyes as it increases chances of macular degeneration and cataracts. Smoking also increases chances of optic nerve damage as it impairs blood circulation to the eyes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!