Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. JayanthiYour feedback matters!
How to reduce numbness on teeth. please help me doctor as because of this I am not able to eat anything
Hi doctor! I'm 21 years old. My teeth is so weak from the root. It's not broken or something like that. There is no bleeding or pain or infection. What should I do? What is the cause of this?
Doctor, my upper & lower teeth are little front, I want to put teeth braces.. My age is 22, how much does it cost to get teeth brace.
I am 3rd month pregnant. Since 1 years I am suffering with bad breath. I am brushing daily two times or three times. I tried all home remedies and changed many tooth pastes also no use. I am working. I am facing lot of problems with this. And I am pregnant now not able use any medication also. Please please suggest me solution to over come this permanently.
Gums of my front teeth of both lower and upper jaw are black while the rest of gums are fine i. E. Pink. Is it something to worry about because it doesn't look good to me.
10 Tips to Maintain Healthy Teeth :
“Be true to your teeth, they won’t be false to you.”
- Brushing :
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Night brushing is very important, because during sleep our mouth is at rest so there are more chances of accumulation of bacteria which cause further cavities and leads to disturbance in the oral cavity.
- Follow a proper brushing technique.
2. Use a good fluoridated toothpaste with a right toothbrush. Toothpaste should have 1000ppm of fluoride and toothbrush should have a small and narrow head with soft bristles.
3. Flossing :
- Flossing helps to remove food stuck in between your teeth.
- It can be done daily or 2-3 times a week.
- Waxed dental flosses available in market are of Oral B, Colgate.
4. Interdental Brush:
- If the spaces between the teeth are wide, you can use an interdental brush.
5. Oral Irrigation:
- Now-a-days, a new dental aid is added which helps to clean the teeth, interdental areas, inside the gums and below the crowns more easily.
- It is also known as dental “Water flosser” or “Oral irrigator” available in brands like waterpik, panasonic etc.
6. Drink plenty of water and rinse after every meal.
7. Clean your tongue surface daily.
8. Pit and Fissure Sealants:
- The grinding teeth in a person mouth erupt at 12-16 years of age. They have deep grooves and pits in which food gets stuck. A Sealant is applied to these teeth which makes the grooves shallow and prevents food and bacteria from getting into the teeth and causing decay
9 .Whitening - Home Remedies :
- Add a pinch of baking soda in drinking water and rinse twice a day.
- Consume strawberries once a day or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
10.Visit your dentist every 6 months and get your scaling (cleaning) and polishing done.
Dr. Puja Bansal - Prudent International Health Clinic, Kalyani nagar, Pune.
Hi. I have a gum disease where my gums starts bleeding. I believe it's coz of tartar accumulation. However I do brush twice a day and get the tartar removed from dentist nearby since my gums distorts during the time. However after a month of removal, the process starts again. What should I do to completely get rid of this gum disease? please I have been following this practice for last 5-7 years.
I have 1-2 mm gap in my front teeth. For this im thinking to get braces. Since the gap is not major im wondering how long would I have to keep the braces and how much would it cost me approx?
I have dental problems, on the last corner of my teeth there was a black spot on the upper part. So kindly suggested me how to cure it?
I had two milky tooth from my birth and they are attacked by germs and looks so bad in my personality so what should I do.
The same patient pics shared 3 days ago with an implant replacement for single tooth on the upper L side. This patient has crown and bridges on R side and a dental implant on L side.
The way dentistry is evolving. Newer concepts and techniques.
Dental abscess is characterized by pus formation in the teeth or the gums. This infection may occur either in the gums or the tip of the tooth. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection which may enter the mouth through food, thus causing accumulation of plaque. If the plaque is not removed by following proper dental hygiene, then it may result in abscess.
The various factors that increase your chances of getting affected by dental abscess are a sugar rich diet and poor oral hygiene. You should brush your teeth to prevent symptoms of dental abscess. A diet that has too much sugar may lead to cavities that increases your risk of dental abscess.
Dental abscess may be classified into three types:
- Periodontal abscess: This type of abscess occurs in the bone structures in the teeth
- Gingival abscess: This type of abscess occurs in the gums
- Periapical abscess: Periapical abscess occurs in the soft areas of the tooth
Entry of bacteria through holes in the teeth may result in breaking down of the soft tissue under the enamel. The infection may result in the hole to penetrate the pulp in the teeth. The bacteria thus infects the bone present in the teeth causing Periapical abscess. The bacteria that infects as a result of plaque accumulation may lead dental abscess. This may also lead to formation of gaps in the teeth leading to infection in the inner areas of the teeth.
The symptoms of dental abscess are:
- The teeth may become sensitive to hot and cold temperatures
- Pain during chewing food
- A persistent pain in the jaw that radiates to the ear
- You may experience a swelling in the face and the neck
- Tenderness in the lymph nodes in the neck
- You may experience symptoms of fever
- Presence of foul smelling fluid in your mouth