Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Jayanthi ArulneyamYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from migraine and I have no medicine intake in migraine. My ques is migraine is dangerous in my future.
My right has become numb and if I operate a computer mouse or when I drive a two wheeler my right hand becomes numb and when Iam free it is normal. Iam also a diabetic with a daily dosage of insulin in the morning.
Several times there is a lot of pain in my head I get checked for migraine but reports are normal what should I do when my head starts aching there is a lot of pain in my veins any exercise or medicine which can help me I can not afford a doc not able to pay the fees help me please.
I am 26 female. I easily get numbness in my feets and hands even when I am simply seating on sofa or lying on bed and whenever I sit cross leg after few minutes its become very hard as someone put heavy weight on my legs. Please guide me in this regard what should I have to do ?
Dear Sir! one more question I am asking In future days the epilepsy was coming for me or not? Doctor say that no problem me, ECG report was correctly .so I stop that medicine from last 6 months, But The thought will be continue since last 4 years because 4 times it attacked me ?By a chance it Will attack on future I am die or not?
Respected sir, my father is 59 years old suffering from spinocerebellar ataxia. Progressive in nature. 1. Slurring of speech since 2007 2. Gait abnormality since 2009 3. Writing abnormality since 2009 he is not having any comorbidities neither any family history. Please help me if you have any suggestion for him.
Nowadays I can't able to inserting thread into needles or pulling elastic rubber so hard as my hand and fingers trembling shaking whenever I try to focus on it. Please help me.
Sleep is one such time when people usually are expected to lie down still and get rest. However, we have all heard of sleepwalking, a condition where a person walks during the sleep. Though it may sound strange, there is a deeper explanation for it both from a causative point of view and from managing it.
Things you should know?
- Sleepwalking happens when a person moves back from a deep sleep to a light sleep or awakening state.
- The person who is sleepwalking is usually not aware of it.
- Activities may range from simply getting up and sitting up in bed to walking around the room. They could also open the door and walk out to the neighbourhood. Moving furniture, changing dresses or driving a car, may also be some of the actions Most of these activities happens completely without their knowledge.
- Mostly happens in children up to the age of 12, but can be seen in adults also, where it assumes a more severe form.
- The person who is sleepwalking has a fixed stare with glassy eyes. They may appear dazed and lost when they are awakened.
- They may not respond when they are actually sleepwalking, or respond very slowly
- They can be brought back to bed and put back to sleep without being disturbed. Most children would go back to sleeping when this is done
- Though the parents can be very worried when they see children sleepwalking, reassurance is required, as it usually disappears as they cross teenage.
- There could be chances of small injury like tripping or fall during the sleepwalking episode
- Sleepwalkers may be more restless compared to other children during their waking hours
- Bedwetting is also quite common in children who sleepwalk
- Inappropriate sleep pattern with lack of sleep for prolonged periods is one of the main reasons for sleepwalking
- Excessive drinking
- Medical conditions like heart rhythm problems, acidity, gastric reflux, and seizures
- Psychiatric conditions like panic attacks and post-traumatic stress disorder can also lead to sleepwalking
- For a parent to see their child walking around in their sleep can be quite disturbing.
- Reassurance is required stating that it is just a temporary phase and will not stay beyond the teenage years
- Most people do not require any intervention unless accompanied by severe symptoms like going out of the house or driving
- Once established, it is advisable to avoid by not drinking too much alcohol, avoiding stress and anxiety and taking precautions like extra-secure locks to prevent sleepwalking and/or other side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I am 55 years old.I have pain in my right arm.My right thumb gets numb and a bit swollen if I keep my hand hanging.The pain is twitching needles kinds.The TSH level is 7.34.Blood sugar fasting is 97 mg/dl
I am a tailor and when I put my legs on sewing machine, my right leg nearly becomes numb and I can not work the machine with it and after that there is a lot of pain in my calf although I have no problems in walking and there is no pain generally but when I do that work it suddenly starts at that area of my right leg. This problem is only in right leg not in left one. Pls tell me wht it is and how it can b cured by home remedies.
I have less sensation on the left side of my lap when I touch, unless I press that area hard? What should I do?
The human brain is a unique and intricate organ, which performs many functions both consciously and subconsciously. However, during the formation of the brain within the mother's womb, the slightest of changes can cause damage to it, which manifest in many forms after birth. One of the forms it may manifest in is Autism.
What is Autism?
Autism, sometimes also classified as part of the Autism Spectrum disorder or ASD is a disorder of brain development, which will affect a child's capability to interact socially, in communicating through verbal and nonverbal means as well as exhibit repetitive behaviors. Some severe cases of these behaviors may also result in self-harm as well.
Other than this some other characteristics may be:
- Major to minor difficulties in motor coordination
- Intellectual disabilities
- Attention problems
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Sleep related problems among others
How homeopathy can help
Conventional medicine is mostly used to treat some of the symptoms but is never used to cure or provide remedies for autism. A proper professional homeopath will be able to guide you to get the best results for your child and reduce all the problems of autism, if not outright cure it. Some of the medications that could be used to treat autism are as follows:
- Carcinosin - This is very helpful in children affected by autism who are talented, but are obsessive, compulsive, stubborn and also have sleep related issues. These children may also have addictive disorders.
- Agaricus - This medication is very good for children who may be mentally and physically awkward and show symptoms like indifference, muttering, talking, shouting or singing but not answering to direct calls or questions. Agaricus is very effective for children who suffer from involuntary jerking when they are awake.
- Cuprum Metallicum - This works wonders when the child is being very obsessive, angry and is inflexible, tense and is very aggressive towards their parents. Some of these children may even exhibit malicious behaviors and are usually averse to touch or being approached.
- Androctonus - A child or a patient who tends to swing wildly from a stable good mood to a destructive mode can be calmed down or evened out by Androctonus. These children also exhibit behaviors of suspiciousness and quickness to act on their compulsion.
- Helleborus - This is a very effective medication when the child is slow and under active and seems to be depressed most of the time. Some of these children may also have muscular weakness and helleborus is very effective in treating them.
These are only a few examples of how homeopathy can provide remedies for your autistic child and thus is an effective solution. However, you may need to consult a homeopathic doctor who can tailor make doses and medications after diagnosing the specific symptoms that you child may be having.