Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayanthi Arulneyam
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Jayanthi ArulneyamYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old nd I am suffering from migraine from last 2 years nd had consulted with doc he given me medicines for the first time nd told me that take this for next 3 months I did same what he told now I am feeling some relaxation. Now I want to know that how should I will get perfect solution for this Thanks.
Sixty to seventy percent of those individuals will develop diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN) at some point during their lives. In fact, DPN is the most common diabetes complications and it?s an increasingly-common problem within the African-American community. There are several ways to prevent diabetes-related complications, but if you?re already one of the millions of people living with DPN every day, here are three ways to manage your symptoms.
1.Lower your blood glucose levels.
Keeping your blood sugar levels in check is absolutely critical when it comes to treating DPN because it lowers the patient?s risk of developing complications, including urinary tract infections and amputation.
?Keeping your blood sugar controlled is essential to managing DPN,? When your blood sugar is controlled, the blood flow can improve with time if it?s still early in the disease.
2. Change your lifestyle.
That means eating healthier and incorporating more raw foods into your everyday diet, exercising regularly if you don?t already and not smoking.
?Appropriate diet and exercise helps in several ways. Both of which will have a direct impact in controlling you blood sugar,? Dr. Carter says. ?You also get the added benefit of better blood flow. Exercise has been shown to improve blood flow and help regulate the hormones involved in regulating your blood sugar i.E. Insulin and cortisol. Exercise can help control the low-grade inflammation you get in the nerve cells when your blood sugar is not controlled as well.?
Depression and anxiety are quite common among people with DPN since many patients lose the ability to perform simple, everyday tasks, such as cooking, driving and tying one?s shoes. If you?re already taking medication prescribed by your doctor, then by all means, continue to do so, but consider adding meditation to your everyday routine. According to a 2011 study published in the Journal of Neuroscience, people who meditate regularly experienced less pain.
?Not often thought of, meditation can be quite helpful,? Dr. Carter says. ?By helping lower your stress levels, it will help your blood sugar control, lower your vascular tone and how tense your blood vessels are [while] improving the blood flow to those nerves as well.?
My friend is suffering from migraine what should we do as she takes medicine vasograin in case of pain as suggested by physician but their is no sign of improvement.
Hi sir namaskar, sir pichle 6 - 7 sal se Mai bahot Paresan hu sir mere daiye baju(right hand) me sir se pair tak pure hisse me bahot dard hota hai sir ankha kan gardan pitha kamar pair pure hisse me dard hota hai sir Maine bahot sari davaiya li koi fark nahi pada Maine 3 bar M.R.I karaya bahot sare city scan karaye koi fark nahi pada sir koi kuch nahi batate goliya dete hai lekin sir koi bhi goli ek pal ke liye bhi mera dard kam nahi Kari Mai bahot paresan hu Mai kucha nahi kar sakta sir chalne me taklif baithne me taklif sone me taklif bat karne me taklif Mai vet to bilkul bhi nahi Utah sakta sir aur sabse Jada taklif mere pitha me hoti hai sir ayurvedic doctor kehte hai nas dabi hui hai lekin mujhe pata nahi kya hua hai please sir muje help Kariye please.
I am suffering from insomnia since childhood. I have to take allopathic sleeping pills. I get the sleep but I am not fresh when I wake up. I feel drowsy on the next day. My career has been ruined despite having lots of talents. Please, please help me out with the best ayurvedic medicine of india.
A migraine is considered to be one of the worst headaches of all. It causes excruciating pain along with a range of other symptoms. Notably, a migraine pain is very different in nature compared to general headache. A migraine pain is mostly felt on any one side of the brain. Since a migraine is difficult to diagnose, here is a list of 5 signs that will help you to understand, if your headache qualifies as a migraine:
- Vision splotches: It is very common among migraine patients to experience blind spots and a sudden flash of light. While this might appear to be a little unusual, it is pretty normal for migraine patients. The visual cortex of the brain is responsible for incidences like these. They often pace up and slow down to cause such unnatural feelings. For cases like this, the nerve gets activated by the optical lobe and crashes immediately resulting in such sensations. These visible auras are felt by both the eyes.
- A spinning sensation: A migraine patient often gets a swirling sensation. This requires them to immediately lie down. This is accompanied with nausea and throwing up. Certain migraine-induced changes caused in the brain causes hearing imbalance which is very similar to vertigo. These auras often serve as the onset of a migraine and can last for over one hour before the actual migraine cycle starts. If a person is suffering from these symptoms, it is a clear indication that he is suffering from a migraine.
- Light sensitivity: Migraine patients often becomes oversensitive to sound and light. This is perhaps the reason why most migraine sufferers like to spend more time in dark and solicitude. Studies have shown that sudden exposure to light activates the optic nerve fiber which in turn activates the pain receptors in the brain. A study conducted by the Nature Neuroscience journal conducted in the year 2010 showed that even blind person (with a migraine) suffers from a sudden glow of light.
- Touch sensitivity: Sensory auras often cause sharp pain from tiniest of touches. This is a condition known as the allodynia. This is a condition by which the spine and the brain get super excited by the inflamed blood vessels. This condition should be reported to a doctor since the most common medicine of a migraine does not work well if a patient is suffering from allodynia.
- Funny Face: Aura of the tongue, face and lips are known as cheiro-oral. There is a type of aura that makes even speaking and eating difficult. At time sufferers feel that they are suffering from serious diseases such as brain tumor. If this condition prevails, it makes sense to contact your doctor at the earliest and start medication.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!