Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayanthi Arulneyam
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Jayanthi ArulneyamYour feedback matters!
I am 62 year sold male suffering with Sleep Apnea since 3 years. I caught by sleep on driving of car / bike or fall in sleep at once feel any comfort IN DAY TIME AT NOON SPECIALLY. I AM ALSO SUFFERING WITH DIABETES.
Any alternative treatment for pituitary macroadenoma of size 4.5×4.7cm? I would not like to go for surgery.
Mere father ka recently operation hua hai brain ka unke brain me blood clotting ho gyi thi kal hi vo discharge hoke aaye hai hospital se unke stitches lagge hua hai dressing hai but Bhi vo gussa bahut karne lagge sir PE bahut pressure daal k chillane lage to unke aakh k upar swelling ho gyi hai to me kya karu ab I mean koi serious dikkat hai?
Alzheimer’s disease is a neurological, irreversible, progressive brain disorder. It is a chronic neurodegenerative dementia that causes the death of brain cells, causing memory loss and cognitive decline. It affects a person’s thinking and behavior. The symptoms develop slowly and get worse as time passes.
As it is a kind of dementia, Alzheimer’s is caused by the death of brain cells. Over a course of time, brain cells die progressively and at the end, the tissue is left with fewer nerve cells and connections. As a result, the total brain size shrinks. Tiny inclusions called plaques and tangles can be seen in the postmortem. These cannot be seen or tested in a living Alzheimer’s affected brain. These plaques are given the name “amyloid plaques” because they are found among the dying cells of the brain when a protein called beta-amyloid builds. The tangles stay in the neurons; they are formed from a protein called tau.
There are several reasons behind all this, some of which are listed below-
- Anti-anxiety medications
- Hitting on the head too many times
- Regularly sleep-deprived
- Diabetes in the brain
- Old age
- Genetic line
- Down’s syndrome
- Cardiovascular diseases
Alzheimer’s disease damages the brain, so the clinical signs and symptoms begin to show very early. The symptoms are-
- Memory loss
- Agitation and mood swings
- Poor judgment
- The trouble with money calculations
- Difficulty doing familiar tasks
- Trouble in planning or solving a problem
- Confusion with time and place
- Difficulty in communicating
- Loss of motivation
- Inappropriate behavior
- Aggressive personality
- Childlike behavior
Preventing Alzheimer’s disease:
Alzheimer’s disease ultimately results in death. Even if there are treatments, they cannot fully cure it. So it’s better to try to prevent it before it happens. Ways to prevent Alzheimer’s disease are-
- Eating more fruits and vegetables.
- Eating berries every day.
- Increasing omega-3 fatty acids.
- Taking folic acid supplements.
- Drinking grape juice or red wine with evening meal.
- Doing the Mediterranean style diet.
- Controlling the blood pressure.
- Having strong social support.
Treatment of Alzheimer’s disease:
- Treatment of Alzheimer’s disease is a long time process.
- First of all, doctors perform a physical exam to check the overall neurological health. By this, they check muscle strength, reflexes, walking ability, sense of sight and hearing, coordination and balance.
- Then comes the blood test to find the cause of confusion and memory loss by checking the thyroid disorder and vitamin deficiency.
- Then they perform the neuropsychological test and check the mental status.
- Then there are other tests, like MRI, CT, and PET.
- After all this, drugs are given and a safe and supportive environment is created with proper exercise and nutrition.
Alzheimer’s disease is undoubtedly the worst kind of disease. Hence, it is highly recommended to contact a doctor as soon as any symptom is noticed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Nowadays I can't able to inserting thread into needles or pulling elastic rubber so hard as my hand and fingers trembling shaking whenever I try to focus on it. Please help me.
After a hard day the only relief one has is to get a good night’s rest and drift off to the world of sweet sleep. You might find yourself wide awake at night, even when your body is extremely tired. This difficulty to fall asleep naturally is called insomnia. If this inability to sleep continues for a long time, it becomes a sleep disorder and can cause many physical and health issues.
Reasons behind Insomnia
The lifestyle of the twenty first century can be very demanding. A disorder like Insomnia can be easily triggered with various factors they include:
1. Emotional stress: The rollercoaster of emotions that one deals with had a huge effect on their sleep cycle. A stressed mindset will find it hard to be put to rest and as this unwanted stress continues each day.
2. Fluctuating hormones in a woman’s body: Women tend to be the victims of insomnia more often than their male counterparts. These changes may include conditions such as PMS, menstruation problem, pregnancy and menopause.
3. Use of caffeine and anti depressants: Excessive coffee drinkers might find it difficult to relax their brain, since the caffeine in tea and coffee keeps one brain alert, hence too much of caffeine consumption can be a cause of insomnia. Even smokers might face the same problem since the nicotine acts as an alerting agent.
4. Systemic disorders: Disorders like Asthma and Hyperthyroidism and other various medical conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, asthma, arthritis, allergies, hyperthyroidism and Parkinson’s disease can do the same.
Treating insomnia with homeopathy
The reason why Insomnia can be treated the best way through homeopathy is because this treatment is both free from any side effects and is quick in its effects as well in comparison to other conventional methods which induce artificial sleep that can have harrowing effects. On the contrary, homeopathy is a completely natural treatment that doesn’t include any artificial drugs and its small doses work just the right way.
1. Coffea Cruda is a homeopathic medicine that is most often used for treating insomnia of acute origin or when the disorder only lasts for a brief moment of time. As the name suggests it is made from coffee beans.
2. Nux Vomica is more suited when insomnia is due to the abuse of stimulants like too much of alcohol, coffee or nicotine. Other medicines such as opium, aconite, arsenic are also recommended by a specialized homeopath.
It is always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before taking any medication.