Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jayanandhini RamachandranYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, In month of April I got an abortion due to my baby's brain not developed. So my doc suggest me to use folic acid tabs for 3 months as per today my 3 months has completed, can you just suggest me, should I plan for Baby now. One more thing when I got abortion my weight is not putting, even I have very dark circles. Please help me out in this.
I am 29 year old female. Two weeks back I undergone with IUI. While she is doing IUI she told like my cervix is closed due to some infection. Is there any chance of getting pregnant this month.
I am not aroused now a days. My boyfriend wants to have sex with me. We have had it 2-3 times earlier but the experience has not been very exciting. Now I don't know whether it is because of him or I am having some health issues. Kindly provide consultation.
My wife's 37 weeks starting scanned report stated nuchal cord loop seen (once). Admitted and monitored four days then found no improvement. As per our doctor advise operation done and our boy baby 2.959kg born. But his breathing observed fast as well as jandish also found so still he is in hospital under monitoring. Please help me your suggestion as well as our baby future growth. No other observation found and now he is taking mother milk by manual feeding. How long will take to give mother direct milk feeding? please advise me.
Hello Today is my 11th day and I did ovulation test today with ovulation kit. I got 2 lines one is light and the other is dark. "c" line is dark nd "t" line is light. I wanna ask whether m ovulating or not? And what is best time to do ovulation test early morning or in day time?
What is fetal ultrasound?
Fetal ultrasound is a test used during pregnancy. It creates an image of the baby in the mother's womb (uterus). It’s a safe way to check the health of an unborn baby. During a fetal ultrasound, the baby’s heart, head, and spine are evaluated, along with other parts of the baby. The test may be done either on the mother’s abdomen (transabdominal) or in the vagina (transvaginal).
There are several types of fetal ultrasound:
- Standard ultrasound. The test uses sound waves to create two-dimensional images on a computer screen.
- Doppler ultrasound. This test shows the movement of blood through the umbilical cord, in the baby’s heart, or between the baby and the placenta.
- 3-D ultrasound. This test shows a lifelike image of an unborn baby.
Ultrasound uses an electronic wand called a transducer to send and receive sound waves. No radiation is used during the procedure. The transducer is moved over the abdomen, and sound waves move through the skin, muscle, bone, and fluids at different speeds. The sound waves bounce off the baby like an echo and return to the transducer. The transducer converts the sound waves into an electronic image on a computer screen.
Why might I need fetal ultrasound?
Fetal ultrasound is a routine part of prenatal care in the U.S. This is because it’s a low risk procedure that gives important information. A routine prenatal ultrasound can check for defects or other problems in the fetus. The following can be examined:
- Abdomen and stomach
- Arms, legs, and other body parts
- Back of the neck
- Head and brain
- Heart chambers and valves
- Placenta placement
- Umbilical cord
- Urinary bladder
A fetal ultrasound can also show:
- If a woman is pregnant with multiple babies
- The gestational age of a baby
- Where to place the needle during removal of amniotic fluid (amniocentesis)
- Whether a feus is growing properly
Your healthcare provider may have other reasons to request a fetal ultrasound.
What are the risks of fetal ultrasound?
All procedures have some risks. The risks of this procedure include:
- Mild discomfort from the transducer on the abdomen or in the vagina
- Reaction to a latex covering for the transducer, if you have a latex allergy
In some cases, an ultrasound may appear to show a problem that is not there called false-positive. The test can also miss a problem that is there called false-negative. In some cases, additional testing may be needed after a fetal ultrasound.
Fetal ultrasound is sometimes offered in nonmedical settings. This is done as a way to give keepsake images or videos for parents. In these cases, it’s possible for untrained staff to misread the images and give parents incorrect information. Make sure to have fetal ultrasound done by trained medical staff. Talk with your healthcare provider if you have questions.
Your risks may vary depending on your general health and other factors. Ask your healthcare provider which risks apply most to you. Discuss any concerns you may have.
When it is ok to start relationship with husband After having a long labour with tear in uterus body and vaginal cut.
Hi. Good morning. I am excretes daily twice, sometimes thrice. Now am pregnant. Second pregnancy. First pregnancy c-section. 8 months gap between first and second pregnancy. Failure in first pregnancy. So I started walking and workouts for reducing weight for getting second pregnancy.(56 kgs before first pregnancy ,66 kgs after delivery, 62 kgs after workouts, and used herbal life products after 6 months of c-section for weightless (62 kgs. Conceived. Now fifth month. What is the reason for excreting twice a day?
Antioxidant-rich foods seem to have a protective effect for the skin. Consider these skin-friendly foods: carrots, apricots, and other yellow and orange fruits and vegetables, spinach and other green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, blueberries, beans, peas and lentils, salmon, mackerel and other fatty fish, nuts. On the flip side, some foods seem to be associated with skin damage. For example, some research suggests that a diet high in processed or refined carbohydrates and unhealthy fats promotes skin aging. Remember, many of the best foods for healthy skin also promote good health overall. Rather than focusing on specific foods for healthy skin, concentrate on a healthy diet in general. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Choose low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Include nuts, seeds and beans in your favorite meals. Opt for whole-grain breads and pasta. Limit sweets.
Iam30years old I get every month 2-3 days before for my period date but this month one day before but I have period 1day only n second day little why this happens pl tells me.
I was trying to conceive from last 5 months but didn't succeed. Now I was taking folic acid tablet which is filovite also. And also today I am down. Can you pls tell me how can I conceive faster.
What are the safe periods for intercourse with respect to period of a lady? How many days after of before one should keep relation with his partner to avoid the chance of pregnancy without protection? Thanks.
I was taking combination of fertomid and ovigyn dsr tablet on my doc prescription and now I got positive home pregnancy test after a missed period. Can I rely on test or it may be false ?
As you age your body gives way to a number of health problems including those associated with the bones, ligaments, joints, and muscles. But certain orthopedic problems are very common among the aged due to the different biological changes that occur in the bodies of the aged. Nonetheless, some of these very common orthopedic problems are:
- Osteoarthritis - This is a degenerative condition that occurs in the hands, ankles, fingers, spine and knees. When the condition strikes, it hampers your ability to perform everyday tasks, specifically activities that require you to be flexible, agile and mobile. Although no cure is available for treating this condition, there are certain methods that you can employ to increase flexibility and reduce pain.
- Osteoporosis - Once you cross the 30th mark in age, your ability to absorb calcium decreases and the formation of new bones see a hit. As a result, your body begins to absorb calcium that has been stored in the bones, leading to a weakening of the bones. This condition is known as osteoporosis and is said to occur in individuals above the age of 50.
- Fractures - Fractures are also very common among the aged. They occur due to a decrease in your bone mineral density (it stands for the amount of minerals present in your bone tissue). When this happens, it causes you to suffer from brittle and weaker bones. In combination with physical problems faced during old age, especially vision problems and unsteady body balance, the prospects of suffering from fractures increase significantly.
- Dislocation of bones - Occurring after a fall, dislocation of bones and joints is another common orthopedic problem you may face as you grow old. The initial treatment for any dislocation involves RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation.