Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
In Vitro Fertilization (Ivf) Treatment
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Cervical Cerclage Procedure
Endometrial Receptivity Assay
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Submit a review for Dr. Jayam KannanYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I have sex with a woman few days back. I used condom while intercourses. So is there any chance of hiv or any std. How long I hv to wait to do the hiv test.
There are a number of reasons that can cause pain during intercourse. Physical intimacy is one such thing that requires your physical and mental stimulation in order to create a satisfactory environment and peak appropriately.
From sexual interest to stimulation, excitement and even sexual peak - there are four distinct stages in the act of sex and sexual intercourse that inevitably follows, until orgasm. So, it is important to be in the right frame emotionally and physically in order for the four phases to progress properly towards sexual climax. Yet, there are a number of reasons that can cause a decline in sexual interest and drive, as well as a less than satisfactory sex life. One of the reasons includes pain that many people, especially women, experience during the act of sex. This is called Intercourse pain or even Dyspareunia. Following are the reasons behind this pain-
- Cervical Problems: Many times, problems with the cervix can lead to dryness which can cause pain during intercourse. This may occur due to infections and other such conditions which cause pain during deep penetration.
- Uterus Related Problems: There may be problems with the uterus including fibroids and other such growths in the lining which can lead to pain during intercourse. Also, the presence of Endometriosis can also cause pain during such activities. In this condition, the tissue lining usually ends up growing outside the uterus which can cause severe pain and other related symptoms.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: This condition is also known as PID. In such cases, the tissue within the pelvic region can get infected to a great extent which causes a variety of painful symptoms and growths including pain during intercourse.
- Ectopic Pregnancy: When the fertilised egg develops outside the uterus, it is known as an ectopic pregnancy. In such cases, there may be pain in the region during sexual stimulation and activity.
- Vaginal Infections: Pain during sexual intercourse may also be experienced due to vaginal infections and other yeast infections as well as a condition known as Vaginismus which can lead to involuntary twitches and spasms that can arise because of fear of getting hurt.
- Lack of Lubrication: Excessive dryness and lack of lubrication, especially during stimulation can lead to pain during intercourse as well, as the opening does not expand or accommodate the male member properly. In such cases, one can use a lubricant.
- Stress: Many times, a stressful situation can keep one from enjoying stimulation which creates dryness and pain during intercourse.
Ensure that you see a doctor in case your problem is more than mere occasional pain, as it could also be a side effect of a more serious ailment.
Hi, I am 70 days pregnant. I am salivating very badly. I tried various food but I feel nauseating whatever I eat. I am coughing and built up with thick mucus immediately after eating. I am feeling very sick and sad. I feel little better when I just liye down. I already have 2 daughters. This is my third pregnancy due to pressure from my husband. Finding very difficult to manage my kids along with severe nausea kindly help me.
My cousin is 18 years old and her breasts has not developed completely yet. She remains very conscious and tensed due to her body. She is very weak as well. Can you suggest any methods to help her? Will they grow as she has already turned 18 this year! please help!
Hi My partner having white thik discharge like curd n its swollen n itching all day. So is it STD or something else.
Respected sir, madam, problem related to gynic. My mother aged 43 having fibroid in uterous having size of 4.5 cm x 4.5 cm. Is she undergo operation of removal of uterous immediately or wait? is laproscopy method can suit for the above problem?
My gf periods finish 20 then I have sex with my gf on 24 bt my condom broke nd after 2.5 day she take unwanted 72. In empty stomach. After 7 days she feel pain in her overy. The she chek pregnancy through prega news kit after 9 days of sex. The result is negative. Bt she feel so pain in her ovary and some blood type substance came in her overy .can I know she is pregnant or not. I can not afford baby at this tym.
I am a 25 year old female looking for safe contraceptive method. I used to take the pill before but I had to stop due to some circumstances. I would like to be on any form of birth control contraceptives. Please advice me on which form of contraceptive to opt for. Thank you.
Plz tell me the new technique to avoid pregnancy. Other than use of condom. Any new technique is there?
My first pregnancy terminated at 8 month due to leakage of amniotic fluid. Then I developed a 28mm solid cyst in left ovary. All r saying that this cyst will not cause any harm. My menses began irregular. I went many gyno. But no one proved beneficial. I also developed thyrodism but now it is 2.5. I want to be pregnant but unable to conceive. Now my menses r almost normal except sometimes blood clots appears. I M taking 50 mg thyroxine daily. My questions are. Q1. Is thyrodism causing infertility? Q2. Is cyst harmful? Q3. What can I do to conceive? Q4. Is cyst caused thyrodism?
A woman’s body is different as compared to a man’s body, which is why attaining climax for the two genders is also dissimilar. A woman’s body needs to be caressed, fondled and loved to be turned, which will eventually lead to multiple orgasms during intercourse or masturbation.
However, multiple orgasms aren’t an easy feat to achieve and one can opt to use the following tricks to climax more than once:
Build up a frame of mind: If you stick to a singular frame of mind and focus on getting just one orgasm, you are bound to get just one. Instead, think in plurality and concentrate on what makes you feel good and focus on pleasuring yourself. This kind of focus will actually make you feel aroused and more likely to have multiple orgasms.
Don’t forget Kegel exercises: Kegel exercises help you in keeping your pelvic muscles in shape. Usually after having an orgasm, the muscles seem to contract, but practicing these exercises daily will allow a continuous blood flow, thus, making them strong. If the muscles are strong, you can keep going even after an orgasm which is a requisite for attaining multiple orgasms.
Don’t allow the arousal level to fall to zero: It is only natural for you to slow down once you climax, but instead of completely stopping, try and put the focus back on stimulating your clitoris by engaging in oral sex or changing positions. If the embers are kept lit, you will experience another intense orgasm in sometime.
Focus on the stimulation spot: The stimulation spot varies from woman to woman. Some women feel aroused when their clitoris is stimulated whilst some feel hitting the G-spot turns them on. When you know what turns you on, maximise on the foreplay around that area using varied techniques. But after an orgasm, if the stimulation around one spot is maximum, move on to the other one. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My period date was 15 april but I had taken regestrone from april 11 to april 20 two times a day but from april 15 to april 22 I have sex with my husband and I have taken unwanted 72 tablet two times with in this period of time. Now I am waiting for my period but it is not happening so what can I do to get my period immediately?
My wife age is 28 and she did more than 3 times birth control and currently she won't able to inter meet so what should do to?
Hi .I'm 7 weeks pregnant. foetal cardiac activity is 100-110 bpm. Is this heart rate is normal. Please tell me. Thank you.
Hello , I had sex with my partner on 29 may and on that day my periods . Now my date 30 june but till I can't get my periods . Is there is a chances of pregnancy Pls give solution I don't want this.
I am now 41years, my menses stopped from past 7 months. Last week I got giddiness and chest pain at the center. Next morning same thing happened. I consulted doctor I had gone blood, urine, abdomen scanning & ECG. Reports found normal & doctor suspected slight difference in ECG. Once again ECG ECHO TMT done. ECHO found normal and TMT found negative. But doctor said again slight changes in ECG. She used get giddiness when she is under tension and due to summer ie hot season. Is this for lady problem ie, menses disorders. Please advise.
Oral cancer is the uncontrollable growth of cells called tumors that invade and damage the tissues surrounding it is in or around the mouth. Oral cancer, like all other types of cancer, is life threatening if not diagnosed and treated in the early stages. There are eight types of oral cancer namely cancer in the throat, sinuses, hard and soft palate, floor of the mouth, gums, cheeks, tongue and lips. Dentists are usually the first ones to notice and detect the signs and symptoms of oral cancer. This condition is also known as oral cavity cancer. The risk factors and symptoms of oral cancer are mentioned below.
The symptoms of oral cancer, especially in the first stages, seem non-threatening and similar to common oral problems. However, visiting the doctor is mandatory to rule out cancer as an option. If you suffer from one or more of the following symptoms, visit your dentist immediately.
- Thickenings and swellings, lumps or bumps, crusts, eroded areas or rough spots on the lips, gums or surrounding regions inside or around the mouth.
- Bleeding in the mouth that is unexplainable.
- Persistent sores near and around the mouth or throat that bleed easily and may take more than two weeks to heal.
- Unexplained numbness or pain and tenderness in the mouth, throat or face.
- Development of patches, which are usually speckled, red or white in the mouth.
- Sudden weight loss.
- Excruciating pain in your ear.
- Loose teeth.
- Difficulty in swallowing.
- Lumps in your neck.
- Stiffness or pain in your jaw.
- Pain in your tongue.
- Dentures that fit poorly.
Men above 50 years of age face the greatest risk of developing oral cancer. Women are at a much lower risk of developing oral cancer than men. The following factors increase your risk of developing oral cancer:
- Smoking cigarettes, cigars or pipes
- Snuff, dips or chewing tobacco
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- History of oral or other types of cancer in the family
- Chronic sun exposure, especially facial exposure
- Sexually transmitted virus such as HPV
- Diagnosed of oral cancer previously.