Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. JayalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Hello Doc! So there are a lot of problems that I am facing at the moment. I’ll move ahead step by step. 1.Delayed period- I am 8 days late on my period, though I am not sexually active. 2.On and off anxiety and pain in different parts of body, eg: wrist, thighs knees and sometimes swelling in hands & feet. 3.Puffiness under eyes & face. 4.I feel tired and lethargic many times even if I have taken proper rest. My Background: I have a desk job, I do not exercise regularly. 10-15 minutes of walk is all that I do. I have normal diet, but I eat out 2-3 days every week. I sleep late at night & sometimes I have to force myself to sleep at night. I have been suggested that I may have high thyroid, for which I got my complete blood and urine test done. I am attaching my reports. Please take a look & suggest what is causing all this? Is it anything serious? Do I need to take medications or just a healthy life style could mend it. Please give me a detailed answer. Thyroid report: TT3: 1.53 TT4: 7.94 TSH: 18.65 Lipid Profile: Non HDL Cholesterol 145.3 Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 7.6 0.0 - 4.0 Calculated LDL / HDL Cholesterol Ratio 5.2 Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 7.6 0.0 - 4.0 Calculated LDL / HDL Cholesterol Ratio 5.2 Cholesterol - Total 167.2.
If a girl is having stone at her stomach then after she get pregnant by the time will that stone create any problem at a time of delivery.
I have painful blister-like sores around my vagina on a couple on my vaginal lips and I'm wondering a. How I can ease the pain/get rid of them and b. What they are. Just to give a background on the last few weeks: I got a particularly back strain of tonsillitis a few weeks ago and was put on very.
I am 32 year old female. I had endometriosis both side of my ovaries ,right side cyst was removed but due to adhesions left side was not removed. Trying to conceive since last 4 years .In latest HSG report my right side tube has hydrosalpinx but proximal part of the tube is fine. Planning for IVF .I want to know weather hydrosalpinx in my left will effect the implantation of embryo .
Iam 19 year old girl up with unwanted pregnancy just missed my period urine test positive what medical prescription available.
Hi doc, I am married and me & my husband not planning for any kids now. So what precaution we should use for this. As my husband doesn't use condom and I am afraid that may be I get pregnant, so to stop this what should I use? I heard pills are not good for health and sometimes it's change the hormones also. please suggest me what should I do?
After the periods we intercourse daily last month but my wife not get pregnant why? We are try for baby.
Helo sir I am 30 years old having 6 months baby and working. I hav done c section and also tubectomy. My stomach is like a pregnant. How I hav to flatten my stomach please assist me.
I m 31 weeks pregnant. Scan shows the breech presentation of baby. Now cesarean is the only solution or there is any chance of normal delivery. Too much worried abt cesarean. please help.
There are no lumps on my breasts but they are sagging with wrinkles and tiny pores ,there is pain in my left chest since 1 week, is it breast cancer.
I have unprotected sex last to last week my cycle date is 23 of every month this month still I have not got periods please suggest me I ate, lots of papaya and boil eggs but no use.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy.
The Smartphone addiction has got all hooked. With millions of apps catering to your different needs, smileys, emoticons and memes instead of relying on words to express what you feel and getting to know the whole world at one tap, you feel severely addicted to your Smartphone. But, is that a healthy sign? On introspection, you will probably find that you spend more time over the virtual domain through the social networking sites rather than having a heart-to-heart with your family and friends.
Of late, smartphones are being held responsible for causing depression as a result of increased isolation. Let’s find out whether the theory is well propounded or not.
- One of the major signs of depression is lack of adequate sleep. Sticking to your smartphone till the wee hours of the morning affects your level of concentration, resulting in anxiety and a bad temper.
- When you spend a lot of time on the gadgets, you slowly compromise on your thinking capacity. You take everything internet serves you as granted without clarifying. With every piece of information available on the internet, there is nothing left for you to imagine or create.
- Addiction to social networking sites is taking away all your creative potentials; and on one fine day, when you discover this, you might feel increasingly disillusioned, resulting in depression.
- One of the worst causes of depression is cyber bullying. The virtual world might welcome you with all kinds of threats and humiliation and this happens majorly on the social networking sites. As a result, you feel your self-confidence is at stake, resulting in severely low self-esteem and subsequent depression.
- Abandoning your smartphone completely is utopian, because they serve needful purposes as well. But, what you can do is limit the time you spend on the device and replace it with something creative. Otherwise, it might not be too late before you start silently sliding into depression.