Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JayalakshmiYour feedback matters!
I am getting menses on and off every 2 months post delivery my baby is 9 months I want to become pregnant again my baby breastfeeds very minimally and is on oral feeds most of time plzz help any medical means. Am trying naturally from last 3 months but not getting pregnant.
I am 26 year female. Trying to conceive for the past one year. Have pcos and used to get periods using progesterone tabs. Later found a septum in my uterus about 2 cm and removed through laparoscopy. After 2 months of the surgery when I got my periods we started our treatment for pregnancy. From day 2 I started with ubiphene 100 for 5 days. Later through a pelvic scan a follicle was growing in my right ovary. On 15th day while it was about 20mm an hcg shot was given for me and on the very next did an iui. We had unprotected sex on 17th day as well. On 18th day doc confirmed ovulation. And the following tabs were taking from day one ie fopymin and glycomet. My period date was 18th Jan but I got no periods so on 21st Jan I did a UPT and result was negative. Doc then gave me duphaston 10mg 2 each for 5 days. I completed my course by 26th Jan morning. Still no periods so I did UPT again and it was big fat negative. Can anyone help me to know more about these causes of non pregnancy and no periods! And I have a BMI of 27.
I having sex with my bf from last 2 year. In this 2 year I have taken 2 times i pill. 1 is on september 2015 n 2nd is on 10 march 2016. Is taking ipill is good for future? Any side effect for future pregnancy or marriage life or for baby? Please help.
During pregnency period what appreciation should be taken and when should visit to doctor for checkup.
1. Wash all fruits and vegetables thoroughly
2. Drink Hot and Warm Beverages; Add mint or ginger to tea
3. Moong Dal is recommended food during the rainy season because it is easy to digest.
4. Take good quantity of Garlic, Ginger, Hing, Jeera Powder, Pepper, Haldi and Dhania because these spices help improve digestion and immunity.
5. Avoid stale food and prefer freshly cooked food
6. Drink only filtered and boiled water. Don’t keep the water for long.
From past 6 months I started suffering from very heavy weakness and sever pain on upper n lower back during my period Would like to reason n medicine.
I am a 19 year old girl, I always have mensuration with gaps of say 2-3 months. I just wanted to make sure whether this late cycle will create any problem in future or is it fine? if its not fine then please suggest me a way to prevent the problem.
Dear Dr, We are trying for pregnancy so this month my wife crossed 18 day past ovulation and usually she l get period maximum 16 day past ovulation. Bec this time as Dr. prescribed so she s taking sustain 200mg from 2 day after ovulation to till date (14 tab). My question is now she skipped date it s because of sustain tab or pregnancy? please clarify me.
I have irregular period issue nd I am married since 4 years, not using any precautions. But still have not conceived. My wait is 80. And having thyroid problem also. What should I do first? To regulate my period, or to conceive a baby. Why I am not getting pregnant? Is thyroid treatment important to get rid of my weight?
My last period date is 9/11/2016 .and end on 14/11/2016. And I had done sex on 19/11/2016. And take I pill in 3 hour after sex. And now its 28/nov/2015 and periods still not come? What happen is that?
You must have heard about the indispensible use of the effective tea tree oil in so many Ayurvedic preparations. The oil is effective for many reasons, and the six common uses are as follows.
- Treating scars and wounds: Tea tree oil is effective in extremely small concentrations, and can cause miraculous effects. That is why only a small portion is enough to get promising results. When two drops of tea tree oil are combined with 15 drops of Jojoba oil, and this mixture is applied to the wounds, injuries and scars, they heal quickly and scars disappear faster.
- Treating breathing and respiratory problems: A lot of medical conditions, which may be caused by a bacteria or virus, can result in respiratory problems as a direct effect or side effect. In all such cases like cough and cold, flu, asthma, bronchitis, pharyngitis, tuberculosis etc., tea tree oil is highly effective and hence used in Ayurvedic medicines to loosen the mucous inside and expel it out. A direct massage on the chest by adding it with the other oils, or adding a few drops to warm water for inhaling vapour can help.
- Mind freshener and nerve treatment: Tea tree oil has found great usage in mind freshening and nervous disease treatments. That’s because of the soothing effect of the oil in boosting the mind and body. In fact, it is also used in fighting fatigue, tiredness, phobias, fear, stress etc. Therefore, a body massage with coconut oil and about five drops of tea tree oil added to it helps very much.
- Clearing lice and dandruff: These two are the major problems of hair and scalp, and both have a common remedy, which is the tea tree oil. The oil has microbial and fungicidal properties, which prove it to be a useful ingredient in the making of concoction and Ayurvedic medicines for dandruff and lice problems. The oil can directly be blended with hair oil or shampoo for great effects.
- Skin infections due to bacteria and fungus: Skin problems aggravated by fungus infection, bacteria etc. can be alleviated with application of tea tree oil. The antifungal properties of the oil helps fight worse conditions like athlete’s foot, jock itch etc. Equal proportions of tea tree oil and any other oil like coconut or almond oil can be applied on to the affected parts twice daily to clear off fungus and heal the skin.
- Immunity and resistance booster: Tea tree oil can be used for massages and rubs by mixing just two drops to any other base oil like coconut oil, for treating and preventing several skin and body conditions. These include bed sores, fungal infections, nappy and diaper rashes, cuts and wounds, insect bites, rashes and a lot more. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi doc. I'm 25 yrs, 112 kgs, 155 cm height. I have PCOD, got continuous bleeding over 3 months, and have taken medications for that. My doc advised me to undergo Bariatric surgery. But I'm very much confused and depressed about doing surgery and all. I'm not interested too. And one Doctor advised me to follow Paleo diet or a good protein diet for weight loss. I need a true guidance in this moment, I'm really very much worried and depressed about my body. Please doc help me.
I'm 2 months pregnant .sex with my husband during pregnancy is safe for my baby? Plzz do reply .I'm worried. Because my husband wants to do sex. How many times in week can b done do suggest.
Confidence is a state where you know and understand yourself enough to put forth your thoughts and actions without being bothered or shot down by people around you. Yet, there are various situations that create a less than stellar performance in the confidence game. Many times, we end up behaving in a way that points to low confidence and self-esteem. While body language plays a huge role here, words and phrases also matter. So what are the confidence killing words and phrases that you need to ban from your life? Take a look at this list!
- Just: This single word can undermine your intentions and make things seem less casual than they actually are. Sometimes, we get intimidated by the person or the situation and end up down playing things by saying, I was just thinking about it like this.
- I am no expert: When you start a sentence by tearing yourself down, you are putting yourself up for rejection.
- What if: While a 'what if' may be a good idea in particularly trying situations where you are faced with a person who may be in panic or anxiety, this is not a good phrase to use at work and in life, in general. It shows that you have not thought of the option properly.
- I cannot: This single phrase can demolish relationships, both personal and professional within a matter of seconds. Nothing says you do not own your domain more than this phrase. When you say you can't or you cannot, you are effectively giving up and handing over control to someone else which is a downward spiral as far as your confidence goes.
- Like, so: Unless you are starring in a chick flick, we would recommend that you stop using this fluffy and light weight phase, 'that is like, so cool'. Yes, it may be cool, but saying it is cool, will more than suffice. When you use phrases like these, you are basically telling the world that you do not take yourself seriously enough to talk like a serious person.
- Exclamations: Using exclamations at the end of thanks or any other word, can show that you were not confident of getting the task done. Be grateful, but do not make it sound like relief.
- Sense: 'Am I making sense' or nonsense are words that you need to send away from your vocabulary, as they denote a low sense of confidence and also show that you do not have confidence in the people around you.So get into a more confident mode by removing these seven words and phrases from your life.
Hi, I am 38 years old female, my periods are very regular but I have constipation and gas problem from 10th day on wards from the start date of my periods, kindly suggest something.
I saw a tips from one doctor before some days that after 9 months of pregnancy light intercourses are helpful for induce labour pain & producing normal delivery. Is the statement is true or false? If true is it possible? How to do? What position to be followed?
I had an intercourse for 6 days and in between I even took I-pill aftr 7th day suddenly I got my periods tht to before the date and now it's not stopping. Today is 12th day. please help me out.
Rice flakes, a paddy product is also popularly known as poha. Break-fast is the right time to consume poha rice since it has about 76.9% of carbohydrates and 23.1% of fats.
Keeping the basic method same, you can try many variations of it by adding several vegetables of your choice to pack it with vitamins and minerals.
Health benefits of poha: -
1. Lactose free, heart healthy and fat free
Gluten free, it can be consumed by those allergic to wheat products
2. Good source of instant energy as it is rice based and it will stave off hunger cravings.
3. Poha rice is light and easy to digest
Provides the vitamin b1 and hence aids in stabilising blood sugar.
4. Peanuts are usually added to poha preparation and are good source of antioxidants and protein.
5. It contains 20 mg of iron in every 100g raw rice flakes, squeezing a cut lemon on the poha helps in improving iron absorption.
A healthier version to the everyday poha is the red poha, which is made from red rice. The red colour is due to the presence of a pigment called anthocyanin, which is also a flavonoid. Moreover, unlike white rice, red rice doesn't undergo excessive processing, and as such the other bran layer remains intact, which is rich is fiber, vitamin b, and minerals like calcium, zinc, iron, manganese, magnesium etc.
Hi doctor ,Actually my wife is pregnant now. And she want abort it. So it's there is pills to abortion.
Vulvodynia is generally identified as a condition which causes chronic back pain or vulvar pain but having no identifiable cause. The causes as well as the nature of the condition are very obscure, and until recent times, it had never been considered to be an actual pain syndrome. What is commonly affected is the vulva, or the external female genital organs, consisting of the clitoris, labia and the vaginal opening.
Generally, there are two types of vulvodynia:
- Generalized vulvodynia: this can mean pain in any part of the vulva occurring erratically at different times
- Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: this is limited to the vestibule, or the vaginal opening. It has similar characteristics of a burn, and pain can be incurred only when contact is made, say during sexual intercourse.
Although not life threatening, signs and symptoms of vulvodynia can still cause a ton of problems for women. They can create much complication when it comes to daily activities as well as other feelings, like sexual frustration, agitation, depression and low self-esteem.
Symptoms can be very erratic and can occur once in a while or all the time. They may be limited to just one specific area or can affect the entire vulva, interfering with daily activities such as walking, exercising and sexual intercourse. Here are some common signs and symptoms:-
- A burning or stinging sensation
- An aching or throbbing sensation
- May swell and you may experience soreness;
- Severe itching and agitation
Because the causes are not identifiable, extensive research is still going on in order to decipher the nature of the syndrome. A few possible causes may include:
- Nerve irritation or injury
- Genetic abnormalities
- Muscle spasms
- Hormonal changes
- Abnormal responses to infections or traumatic injuries
- Hypersensitivity to yeast infections
- Allergies to certain chemicals or substances
- History of sexual abuse
- Frequent antibiotic use
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.