Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jaya VardhanYour feedback matters!
My child who is 6 years complete in Oct 2015. And his weight is 17 kg. But he is taking meals with so much force. Breakfast also same. Nd I am employee. So day by day I loss my patience about my child. Any medicine. Pls help me. Male child.
My 8 year son having vomiting he is not taking food even after take small food he fill vomit and he do not want to eat what could be reason is any serious?
If child is between 10-12 years and does not take or avoid food what step or precaution to be taken for the same.
My daughter is 5 years old. She is frequent suffering from cold and cough and tonsillitis whether there is weather change or taking cold drinks and ice creams. After taking antibiotics such as clavam bid syrup or azithral xl with ambrodil s syrup and levocetirizine tablets she recovers. But it is frequent. Pl advice for permanent cure of it. Is taking antibiotics or medicines frequently is safe?
My daughter are 12 months completed weighs 7.5 kgs.she getting fever every month around 103 degrees for 3 to 4 days. She got rashes on mouth and on legs and hands and are itchy. We are worried about it. please help.
My baby is 5 month old she is passing lot of gas and she had pain in her stomach. Whole night she was crying. Frequently this problem occurs and she spends sleepless nights only crying. She is being formula fed we r giving her NAN PRO 1.
My new born baby of 15 days has got watery eyes. Water keeps coming out of her eyes. What needs to be done in this case.
Dear doctor, my daughter is 5 months old her weight is 7. 5 kgs - when she was born doctor has advised to give vitanova d3 - I seek you advice how long should it be continued? warm regards
What tests generally are very much necessary for good health of newborn baby. My baby is just 5 days old and I want to know about anything that I need to ask to doctors jaaan detail.
What is the best age to start yoga for children? Will yoga help in controlling the Attention Deficit Syndrome in children? How to handle this tendency among children. Kly advice. Tx. Rao
My son is 7 year 11 months and am single parent. He was brought by my parents now am finding so diffcult to understand his needs and read his mind. He talks very rude, back answers, he carry's lot of pride good looking colour and sometimes he also faced the bullying at school. Kindly advice.
My son is 15 months old. He has got 3-4 teeth. and few are about to come. When is a good time to start with brushing? Also he still isn't standing or walking on his own. But he does stand up holding sofa, chair n also walks holding them. A few doc said its OK up to 18 months. So should we wait for few months or see a physio? As 3-4 docs v consulted said a strict NO for walker.
Is it possible for my 9 month old kid to loose 500mg of weight in 1 month. She weighed arround 8.2 kgs one month back now she is 7.5 kg. She is active in all aspects crawls, giggles, baby talks, but is very fussy about eating. We struggle to make her feed. Hence we are worried. She passes stool almost everyday and urination is fine. Is this loss of weight normal.
My 2.10 yr old son, is getting fever every 15 days (high fever) since last 3-4 months. Generally accompanied with Cough and throat infection. What to do? I am really worried about the frequency of this and his intake of antibiotics.
My daughter is having loose motion for 3 days. Oflo m is been give 3.5 ml twice for 3 days. The frequency has reduced but the motions are still on. please suggest.
Stomach aches or abdominal pains are one of the most frequently reported health complaints faced by children. Children below the age of twelve are known to suffer from recurrent stomach pain. While pains such as these lead to momentary discomfiture, they also lay the path for graver worries if neglected for too long. Your child may feel sick and bunk school for two days; rest and home care can restore his or her health, but that in no way, is the best suited way of dealing with the situation. If tummy aches resurface over a certain period of time, parents should be cautious enough to look for the root cause and should try to eliminate it accordingly.
Widely noticed causes of stomach aches in children:
- Unhygienic food can affect the child’s digestive system.
- Intolerance to a certain food item should not be overlooked.
- Perpetual anxiety can make the tummy twist and turn.
- Urinary Tract Infections can also lead to acute abdominal pain.
- Serious factors such as gallstones or appendicitis could also be present. Immediate expert consultation is advised in such a case.
- Caffeine and packaged soft drinks can be harmful.
- Butter, ghee and other greasy products can trigger tummy aches.
Ways to treat tummy aches in children:
- Keep children away from gas producing food items: Food that is hard to digest should be avoided. Lentil soup or dal should only be consumed in limited amounts to prevent the formation of gas. Don’t let your child have too many nuts regularly.
- Keep them hydrated: Fluid intake should be monitored. A child should drink at least six to seven glasses of water per day. Fruit juices or soups can also be given to them alongside main meals. This helps digestion.
- Do not stack up food in one go: Eating a lot in one meal is a bad way of satisfying hunger. Have smaller meals in more numbers. Six to eight meals will keep your child full and will also eliminate chances of acid reflux which happens either due to an empty stomach or too much piling up of greasy food.
- Timely check - up with the doctor: If tummy aches refuse to go away, take your child to a doctor for a thorough check- up. Administer medicines as prescribed by the physician.