Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jaya VardhanYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, Anyone ever gone into labour without baby's head being engaged? Because my baby is not yet engaged and I don't want to do c-section. Please reply me.
My baby boy is 10 month old and he don't have good diet and doing potty 4 times in a day. What's the problem.
Hi, My son is 4 years old. Around 6 days back he had an attack of cold / flu, which is prevalent nowadays. We consulted doctor and he prescribed typical medication except antibiotic. From yesterday his cough has gone from bad to worse, esp at night, when he is coughing for hours. We again consulted the doctor who now gave antibiotic (which if given earlier might not led to the severe coughing!). We changed doctor also to cross check and be sure, where we came to know that there might be a case of bronchitis that is causing excessive coughing at night. Medication is going on and the doc has suggested it will take few days to get cured. Since medication is going on, we are concerned about the coughing at night. Is there some home solutions to keep coughing at night in check. Please suggest.
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.
Mera baby diet (khana) nhi chahta h .or I am six month pregnant. Wo avi v breast feed karta h.bt ye to wrong h naa. Use 3 montg se heavy constipation ki shikayat h.or latrine karne k time m to lagta h jaise ro ro k uska bura haal ho jaata h.Dr. Se v dikhwaya bt unhone v khana khilane ko kaha. Bt wo kuch v khana hi nhi chahta .main kya karoon main apne baby k liye bahut tension m hoon. Pls koi solution bataye .bahut problem m mera baby h.
My son is 1 and 1/2 months old. He is suffering from cold and cough. Doctor has told there is no cough in chest and provided with nasoclear one drop in each nostril. He is very irritated and coughing as if vomiting. Also whatever I breastfeed he vomit out. Later doctor given ambrodil drips 3 drops twice a day along with moxclav drops 3 drops twice a day. Is this safe . Can I give it to 6 week baby. Please suggest.
Hi mam my baby is now 10 months old but still her teeth's are not come yet and from 2-3 days she having loose motions and vomiting can you please help me.
My son is 2.5 year old and by birth he is having regular cold and cough. If I keep him on nebulizer thn he remains fit otherwise he again start coughing. His pediatrician suggest to give hom nebulizer continuously. What should I do.
Born weight was 3.2 kg now she is 37 days baby and her weight is 3.75 please let me know how to increase baby weight.
My baby is 3 months old and I am not able to get enough milk to feed him, I am taking perinorm off and on, taking galact, having methi n zeera tea in morning, eating halo, oats, garlic, what else can I do to increase my supply I want to give as less NAN as possible. I have to return to work in a month please advise.
I am suffering from stomach infection since 1 week I am also having pain tell me what I can do any medicine.
Hi Team, Today My 1.5 years old kid taken the thyroid tablet (which is prescribed for my wife) by misate. I have taken almost from my baby mouth. But still I had some doubts on this. Coud you please suggest on this.
Here are symptoms, reasons and management of ADD and ADHD.
Hi my Dr Priyanka Srivastava doctor at lybrate. Today lets understand the concept of Hyperactivity in children.
This hyper activity as we say that it says attention deficit disorder and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children. So in its normal for children to occasionally forget their homework, daydreaming during the class, frigidity during the dining table and act without thinking. So these attentive impulsivity and hyperactivity are all the science of ADD which get effects the child's ability to learn and get along with others. So let's address this problem by recognising its signs and symptoms. The signs and symptoms of ADD or ADHD typically appear before the age of 7. However at times it can be difficult to distinguish between a normal behaviour and ADD child.
What are the signs and symptoms of a ADD child.
- Number one is the child who cannot sit still are having the symptoms of ADD.
- Number two is who never seem to listen. When the child is never seem to listen.
- Thirdly is the children who do not follow the instructions, no matter how clearly you present them.
- Fourth who blurred out inappropriates comments at inappropriate timings.
- Fifthly is who tend to be moody and overreact emotionally.
- Sixthly, Sometimes these children are labelled as troublemakers or criticized for being lazy and indisciplined.
- Seventhly, they were stuck to you as disrespectful, weird or needy. So these are all signs and symptoms of ADD or ADHD. So it is a time for the parents to take a call and to consult a psychologist.
What are the reasons behind ADD.
- Number one, whenever there is a learning disabilities our problems with reading writing Motor skills all language In a child.
- Number 2 is any traumatic experiences in their life.
- Number 3 is psychological disorders which include anxiety, depression and bipolar disorder.
- Number four is behaviour disorder such as conduct disorders.
- Number 5 is when there are medical conditions including thyroid problems, neurological conditions, sleep disorders and so on.
Apart from all these things, there are certain positive traits with ADD children. ADD children are usually very creative children. ADD children are very flexible to the social environment. Number 3 is there enthusiastic and spontaneous to the action. Number 4 is they have a high energy drive to take on their life situations. ADD is not related to intelligence as it is far away from that because many ADD children are far more intelligent than others. Now what are the parenting trip to that need to be followed to manage this type of a children. Effective parenting we mean it's not the bad behaviour of the parent but it is an effective behaviour from the parents to the child. It requires open communication from the child towards parents. It requires more structuring. Parents it requires more love and affection from the parent to the child.
If all these been given during the parenting an ADD child can overcome with this issue of the problem if you are wanting to concern more in detail about this type of any issues related to the children you can consult me online and offline through lybrate.