Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jaya VardhanYour feedback matters!
Sir what is the blue baby syndrome does blue baby syndrome occurs in the adult male and female also along with the child?
On successful completion of 4 successful years of specialized dental practice @ dera bassi, abc dentistry offers discount upto 25% on all dental treatment in november, for you just to say thankyou. All you need to do is come for free dental checkup and show this sms to avail the offer. Keep smiling. Contact 9815901670 for appointment
My daughter is 4 years old she often complains about stomach ache and pain in d legs we have consulted 2 to 3 doctors but she still complains about stomach ache sometimes I want to know which medicine aur syrup can be given for immediate relief. And what is the permanent solution for it.
My 7 + year is suffering from dry cough n nose block in the night n running in day time from laat 2 days. N pain in stomach during cough. Pls suggest.
My daughter is 6 years old, she suffered from saline infection after her premature birth in right arm. We already operated plastic surgery two times in pgi chandigarh but still growth of the arm is not as left arm and scar is wide please suggest us what to do ?
Hi, I'm a 14 years old girl. I am a boyish type of girl, I don't really go out of the house don't have a boyfriend since birth, I'm very focused on my study, and I'm an achiever in our school as well, And when I go out my parents are always w/ me, I masturbate w/ my pants and panties on but just rubbing it not fingering. So I have this very strange feeling, & I don't even want to mention it cause it's very impossible. Because after I go biking on thursday my nipples hurt when they're slightly touched, is it because I only wear sando bras instead of bras? And also my pimples are coming out. I didn't get my period yet but there's also a problem in my period, Cause when I got it It's like a flood flowing and lasts until 1-2 months and skips form 3-4 months that's also the reason why we go to a ob gyn for a check up last summer, And then the ob gyn gave me some trust pills which has numbers of days in it and has yellow and brown color. But still my period skips 1 month now only and when I got it it only lasts 5 days. Then in the evening I only ate a little amount for dinner and just ate breakfast w/ one scoop of rice only in the 10/11am, I didn't ate lunch, But I take snacks SOMETIMES in the afternoon (That's the way I eat and been months since I do this) And I also often drink soft drinks. I drink them like water when I get thirsty. So later on in that evening. I slept at 11pm and just suddenly woke up at 1am w/ sort of nausea, A little Abdominal pain, I got cold, I urinate frequently but a just a little amount of urine, I farted a lot, My tummy is bloating, I cannot finish a yawn, I have a little blood in my rectal, I have hard and liquid stools, And I cannot go back to sleep so I stay awake until 6am. Then when I take my breakfast I like to vomit it but I forced myself to eat it but then I didn't vomit it but I had hard time chewing it. Pls help me. I'm very worried and confused now!
My son (7 years) is adhd and mild auotium and taking acepta10 (1tab. At morning and half in the evening) and neurocetum (5 ml thrice a day). Still he is unable to concentrate in studies. Kindly advise any change in treatment.
Pl suggest which infant formula is best for my baby, Nusobee, nan or lactogen? She is a girl and has completed 6 months on 10th of this month. My pediatrician suggested me to give her lactogen 2 and cerelac wheat Apple.
My girl child aged 5.1 years not taking food on its own and always hesitate to take food for that his weight is less. So please suggest some tips to increase his appetite. Thank you.
Can you recommend any tools that will help me stay motivated to stay on my eating plan? Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.